GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Can't run Negative Offset!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 06:11 PM
WaldGS430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't run Negative Offset!!!

Browsing around on Craigslist, I came across a post that offered Staggered wheels for a decent price. Went on saying what car i had and what setup i wanted. 19x11 -5 for rears.

He cut me off and i didnt even get to the front specs. He stated negative offsets are meant for trucks "lifted trucks" and there is no possible way it will fit on your vehicle. Didnt feel like explaining and bashing the douche. Said nevermind and said have a good day. lol. But i was bored and thought i shared. Sorry if its in the wrong post. Heres the link:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/1822643449.html
Old 07-23-10, 06:12 PM
WaldGS430
Rookie

ohh yeah i like the forgiato concavo-satin

Last edited by WaldGS430; 07-23-10 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-23-10, 06:48 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

well thats true. u cant fit em without modifications. not many people wanna pull their fenders
Old 07-23-10, 07:50 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, back when I was wheel shopping I stopped i na place here in the OC, told the guy I am looking for 19s for my GS, he looked at me and said "no can do, you're getting 22s from me or its nothing at all. I dont do lame wheel setups". He then pointed to something on the wall that I think I saw on the cover of donk, box and bubble magazine. I started laughing and my girlfriend dragged me out of there as him and his homies started acting pissed.

I told the next guy I was looking for 19s. The guy called the manager out, who walked me to a chair and sat me down like I was about to learn all about life; it felt like a Walton's moment. He looked me straight with the most serious look and told me he couldnt do it, I needed 18's for my car at the most and I needed to understand he was helping me and if I went above that I would be sorry. My GF drug me out as I was spouting back at him asking him if he was in business to sell wheels or therapy...

I think I found the board about a week a later.

I ended up with 20s, I figured I could split it down the middle and make everyone pissed off! LOL
Old 07-24-10, 11:15 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mole
yeah, back when I was wheel shopping I stopped i na place here in the OC, told the guy I am looking for 19s for my GS, he looked at me and said "no can do, you're getting 22s from me or its nothing at all. I dont do lame wheel setups". He then pointed to something on the wall that I think I saw on the cover of donk, box and bubble magazine. I started laughing and my girlfriend dragged me out of there as him and his homies started acting pissed.

I told the next guy I was looking for 19s. The guy called the manager out, who walked me to a chair and sat me down like I was about to learn all about life; it felt like a Walton's moment. He looked me straight with the most serious look and told me he couldnt do it, I needed 18's for my car at the most and I needed to understand he was helping me and if I went above that I would be sorry. My GF drug me out as I was spouting back at him asking him if he was in business to sell wheels or therapy...

I ended up with 20s, I figured I could split it down the middle and make everyone pissed off! LOL
This is hilarious!
Old 07-24-10, 11:19 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL @ "lame wheel setups"
Old 07-25-10, 01:59 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are going to the wrong shops lol
Old 07-25-10, 06:31 PM
WaldGS430
Rookie

Originally Posted by geeznuts
You guys are going to the wrong shops lol
hahah yeah i know.. i was just calling for ****s and giggles. i really want a set of work SL tho.. so hard to come by
Old 07-25-10, 07:03 PM
fenderzig
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These experiences are too common apparently...I called an alignment shop after I put on my 20s and when I told the guy I had 20s on he laughed and said,"Why did you do that? You just ruined that car!" I said, "Are you serious?" and when he said yes I said "stop being a jacka** and tell me if you can align it or not..." I ended up going somewhere else....

OP, to your original post, I've seen negative offsets and they look great and Concave were my favorites too!!!
Old 07-25-10, 08:10 PM
Chris98GS4
Pole Position

You gotta be kidding?

That is friggin hilarious man. I can't believe that actually happened.
Old 07-25-10, 08:12 PM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

where is this place at? i want to come there and mess around a little. lol
Old 07-25-10, 08:14 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

uh, didnt "James" run -51 offset on a 12"? no fender pulling? Just hella camber and a little crease
Old 07-26-10, 12:16 AM
lexus310
Pole Position

haha thats funny!!