GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

1st gen lexus GS300 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-02, 07:21 AM
kasper634
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st gen lexus GS300 Mods

Hi all, i just purchased a 93 GS300, now i wanna start making some mods to it, performance wise are the only q's ive got, which intake you guys would recommend, any cold-air intakes? I cant seem to fina many pages that sell performance parts for this car, aslso where can i find the clear corner lights? aslo i wanna get rid of the wood trim and put in brushed aluminum i think that would look phat as hell with the grey interior, or mayber carbon fiber, cant find any kits other then wood. any help would be greatly appreacited, thanks guys
Old 07-09-02, 08:59 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Welcome!!

Check out www.autonetperformance.com
www.rodmillensales.com

that will get you started. There are alot of 1st gen guys on the board who will help. mcnelson, JMai22, manaray, racing aristo, etc...

Todd
Old 07-09-02, 12:43 PM
kasper634
Rookie

hey thanks alot for the quick reply, 2nd link doesnt seem to work though... your opinion wise though which intake do you think would be the best, i want to keep the ecm in there.. or should i just buy a K&N filter and replace the stock one, ive read somethin about that.. even though i wanna make it performace and looks, thanks for all your input
Old 07-09-02, 01:21 PM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Sorry...

www.rodmillenstore.com

My intake is a bolt on right at the air box. I removed the airbox and the plastic intake dam from the front. It works well and seems to improve torque.

Todd
Old 07-09-02, 01:58 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

welcome bro

show some pics ??

thx

yezzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 07-09-02, 10:18 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

You don't buy clear corners. you can clear then your self. it takes about 20-30 minutes to do both sides. i even wrote a tutorial. here is my link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=50553

btw. don't try to do everything all at once. everyone wants to do everything at once. but your wallet will seem very light very fast.

i have had my car for about 8 months now and i've been doing little by little. look at my sig. thats 8 months worth of work. not something you wake up one day and go buy everything all at once. try to do the the little things first. like take the orange out of your front and rear turn signals. stuff like that
Old 07-10-02, 06:07 AM
kasper634
Rookie

aight thanks, yeah so far ill im plannin to do is prolly the intake, exhaust and a sound system. also i got to fix the seats since the leather is ripped, and i need new trim since thats cracked right where the transmission is. anyone know where i can get new trim, but id like to get polished aluminum or carbon fiber. also one more thing do they make a wiring harness and radio kits for these gs's? or would i need to have custom made one? thanks all
Old 07-10-02, 06:13 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

There may be a wiring harness for it, but I think you're out of luck with the dash kit. You'll have to fabricate one yourself.

As far as the interior, www.katzkin.com this is what I have in my car. Get the number and call Lisa Cerda at Katzkin. Tell her you saw the Lexus GS300 from Texas and ask her for a dealer near you. It should be about $1000 installed, front and back seats and door inserts.

As far as trim...I know there are a few people around that make that stuff, PM manaray, he could probably tell you where to go.

A word of warning that JMai touched on...NOTHING is easy or cheap when it comes to customizing this car.

Good Luck,

Todd
Old 07-10-02, 06:52 AM
kasper634
Rookie

damn, 1000 bucks is pretty cheap, i went to a local uphoplstry store they said that the best thing to do would be to to replace the seat with vinyl instead of leather... they wanted 3200 bucks for leather seat covers (front and Back) and like 600-700 bucks o redo the 2 front seats in vinyl. the driver seat could prolly be redoen but the passangers seat is non repairable ad youd have to redo it it. It looks pretty nasty destroys the whole look of the interior. who ever had the car before me did not take care of the seats. what do you guys use for the leather condtioner. they told me lexor or somethin like that is the best and not to use the armor all leather condtioner.
Old 07-10-02, 07:10 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Lexor is the st$#!! Use it!! For cleaning your exterior...use Zaino Brothers Car polish. (Do a search under Zaino) Completely incredible!

Check this link from a previous thread when I had my seats done.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=Katzkin

Todd
Old 07-10-02, 11:45 AM
mischief
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

This is one of the few places that I found that makes a dash kit that has alot of choices... http://www.autodash.com/details.lass...329&pn=gs30093 . i had the same situation where my shifter panel was cracked when I bought the car. i figure I might as well buy the kit with the most pieces . i ended up buying the Synthetic Black Marble kit to match a grey interior, BUT the messed up thing was, though it came with 22 pieces, it didn't include the pieces for the door lock / window switch surround! needless to say, i'm stuck with a black marble kit, and 4 brown woodgrain door surrounds . i'm trying to contact the manufacturer directly, to see if they will make me the pieces if I send them the woodgrain. there are other places which make a woodgrain kit for the car, but its just the regular oem matched ones.
Old 07-10-02, 02:06 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Mishchief Nice ride. how come you don't post up here that often. you have anymore pics and info on your ride.
Old 07-10-02, 07:46 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Jmai22
Mishchief Nice ride. how come you don't post up here that often. you have anymore pics and info on your ride.
No kidding, I love that color of your car Mischief! Looks very nice, I love the rims and the clear corners. You should post more, we need more gen1 guys around here.
Old 07-10-02, 07:47 PM
kasper634
Rookie

hey mischief thanks for that site, the kit layout shows that it includes the pieces for the windows/door locks? which piece are you exactly talkin about?
Old 07-10-02, 09:24 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Kasper i went there and he is right. there is no piece for the window switch area. but there is a piece for where you open the door. he is talking about the pieces that the window control is located on and in the back the piece that the window control and the astray on the sides are

Quick Reply: 1st gen lexus GS300 Mods