GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS bodykits

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-02, 07:36 PM
GsLsSc430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation GS bodykits

I wanted to know what the most popular bodykits were for the GS400. Also what are some suggestions to be done on a stock GS400 (blk/blk, navigation, chrome)??
Old 07-09-02, 07:40 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

I would start with the SEARCH button! And maybe the GS400 Photo Gallery
Old 07-09-02, 07:58 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you want to know what's popular so you can do something else? And you have to be a little more specific about "what to do"...that's like buying a house, going to the home show, getting on the mic and saying "how should I decorate it?"...

Are you looking for speed, handling, both? What's your budget? etc., etc...you should try using the SEARCH function or try lurking around for a while and reading some past posts to see what's up...
Old 07-09-02, 10:42 PM
GsLsSc430
Driver School Candidate

Well my #1 choice right now is the Lsportline bodykit. The thing is that i might be getting rid of my GS for the next model due in 2004. Until I get rid of it i would want to fix up my car, and who knows might end up selling it for more than retail.

My budget is 10k$. So far i am interested in Lsportline FULL body kits and everything they have available (ie. exhaust) For my rims i might go with HRE 547.

Anyone have Lsportline, plz respond wit comments regarding Lsportlines being suitable for the GS4. Thx
Old 07-09-02, 10:45 PM
GsLsSc430
Driver School Candidate

http://lexusfans.com/

The white GS on the homepage looks awesome. Does anyone know what kit it is and the pricing?
Old 07-09-02, 11:02 PM
jg_nguyen
Driver School Candidate

win kit. alot for the real one. cheap for the fake one. spend the money. dont go cheap.
Old 07-09-02, 11:04 PM
GsLsSc430
Driver School Candidate

how much is a lot? Would it be worth paying that much for the WIN kit? Would it have to be ordered from Japan?
Old 07-09-02, 11:09 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by GsLsSc430
how much is a lot? Would it be worth paying that much for the WIN kit? Would it have to be ordered from Japan?
All the real deal kits come from japan.Quality and fitment is better.Also your sense of mind for the thought that you dont have a knockoff.

JDM kits will have to be ordered from an importer so the importer can get it here to the states for you.It will be a long wait,usually 1-2 months for its arrival as it comes by boat or you can pay alot of $$$$$ for air frieght.But in the end its all worth it because JDM stuff is much better.
Old 07-09-02, 11:16 PM
GsLsSc430
Driver School Candidate

Well thats one thing to look into
Old 07-11-02, 04:27 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are SO MANY other kits out there...The new Sessions kit, the AutoCouture V2 kit, Junction-Produce, Esprit (more aggressive), Quest, the new Wald Executive kit, the NEW Win Racing kit, Wise Sports kit, Blitz, Blick, etc...

Personally, I would skip the Lsportline kit only because a lot of people have it (not on here, but I see it on the street a lot) and it's not the best looking kit IMO...(but it's not bad)...also, a JDM kit is more exclusive...you won't see many (if ANY) American GS's rolling around with most of the kits I listed above...

You should check out the ClubLexus Gallery's GS section..there should be plenty of GS picts in there with body kits.

$10K is a great budget....but spend it wisely. Are you interested in uprading the car's handling in any way? Or are looks more important to you? How about making the car faster...REAL speed increases will cost REAL money...but there are few smaller things you can do to improve performance...

As for the exhaust, do you want something quite, medium, or wake the dead?

As you can see, there are a LOT of different ways you can go with your car. Before you spend $1 on anything, sit down and think about what you want to accomplish with your GS400. If you plan on just selling and you want a nice ride for a little while, then just get a body kit, wheels, coilovers...after you're done with the car, you'll ALWAYS be able to sell the parts here...

Also, if you're going get rid of it for sure, think about who your potential buyer will be. MOST LIKELY (I would 99%), the buyer will want a stock car. Not one that's been modified. But some may not mind mild modifcations so long as it doesn't cost too much more than a stock one. Think about that when you get a kit. If you get something "agressive", most likely, you'll have a hard time selling it as is...so you might want to look into a simple lip kit like the Wald, UGO, TTE, or GReddy...like I said, figure out exactly what you want....
Old 07-11-02, 08:18 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Thumbnails GS bodykits-arigs.jpg  
Old 07-11-02, 08:23 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by jpa2400

That kit is ****ing sick!!!!!!!!
WHat kit is it!??!?!
Old 07-11-02, 08:50 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

admiration kit, tight as hell! That kit is just killing it. Prob about $2500 USD.

Anyone know what wheels those are?
Old 07-11-02, 08:56 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

the wheel is OZ racing Opera II or III, I think it's Opera III because it only come in size 20"

see it on my car (size 18" with 1.3" drop only)
http://www.angelfire.com/dc/bananags/wax/phase3.html

Last edited by BananaGS; 07-11-02 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-11-02, 08:58 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

BananaGS- Thanks!! thought i seen them before, not a bad fit for that setup

Quick Reply: GS bodykits