GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

more pics on my new baby

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-02, 01:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default more pics on my new baby

so during the 7/4 weekend i was down in LA with both of my cars. both me and my gf loves clean, so we decided to give our cars some good wash.

for my acura tl type s, since i just clayed the car back in march and zaino the car last week, i basically just gave it a clean wash without any other treatment. the car still looks very well.

for the gs, i haven't really done anything on it since i got it at the end of june. so i figured i should spend more time on it before i start putting on zaino.

so i washed it, clayed, washed again, and then zaino the car. damn the previous layer of wax was horrible. it didn't drive water away, not that shiny, just aweful. now with the layer of zaino it's sooo much better.

here are the pics of my car

[IMG]
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/att...=&postid=95496[/IMG]
an overview of both of my cars, the black tls on the left and my new gs400 on the right.

welcome to my family. 98 gs400. it's an awesome car, that's all i can say.

my acura tl type s. i was stupid enough to forgot taking off the licence plate when i took the pic

another view of the tl type s

somehow i like this pic a lot

such a contrast, the tl is so low and the gs is so high up

the tl is skinny, and the gs4 is so beefy

the rear view of my tl type s

now it's the big butt of my gs4
Old 07-10-02, 01:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

so after driving both cars for some time (i have been driving the tl-s for a yr and the gs for about..... 5 days), i can say both cars are very different, and of course, no doubt that the gs4 is a much better car.

the gs400 is a lot faster, and it pulls very hard coz' of its much high torque. plus at high speed like 80mph, the gs4 pulls like hell where the tl-s is slow like a snail (coz' of it's overdrive 4th gear)

interior space is very different too, where gs4 has a lot of space. however my only complain is the seats, where the gs4 ones are so comfortable that you hardly see that you are in a sport car. i wish they put in more lateral support on the gs4 than what it is now. on my tl type s, the lateral support is very good, so when you make tight turn you are stuck in the seat. but with the gs4, when i do tight turns i often find myself sticking to the door.

the gs4 is also much much quieter than the tl type s. sometimes both me and my gf thinks that the gs4 ridiculously quiet. when the car is in idle i don't even know the car is on.... and even when you floor the car, imho, the car is still very quiet.

and man, the gs4 is BIG..... it took me so much longer to clay and detail the gs4 compared to the tl type s..... same thing to interior, the gs4 just seems to have so much more "area" to work on. both me and my gf were like dead after detailing the car that day.

if anything, the only slight complain i have on the gs4 would be the fun of driving. don't get me wrong, the car is freaking fast and i love the speed and power. however since it's soooo quiet and so stable, you don't hear the aggressively at all. with the tl type s, when the vtec kicks in you can hear the car roar. but with the gs the car will go even faster, but you just can't feel it.

and overall, of course the gs4 is much better, that's why i am driving it now and my gf is driving my tl type s
Old 07-10-02, 01:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh btw, my acura tl type s project is pretty much done. i don't think i will put in any major mods in the car anymore (except tires, etc...).... that car is my first ever "self-owned" car and also the first one that i modded on, and it's fun. i have intake, 6000K low beam, 6000K fogs (these stuff are awesome coz' i have clear lens for all lights), stb, sways, springs, exhuast tips, door sills, oem body kits, superwhite bulbs.....

now i got the gs4 i think it's about time for me to migrate to the gs4. the gs4 is now still stock, except that i changed out some bulbs to superwhite (i am a superwhite lover). somehow i think i will spend lots more money on the gs4 coz' i wanna go to the next level. mods i have in mind now are the coilover, rims, 6000K low beam, yellow fogs, body kits (still debating). i tend NOT to put in any engine mods, coz' the car is fast enough and i really really don't want to make the car noisier.

Old 07-10-02, 03:26 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the clean look of the TL-S and yes you will be spending alot of money on the GS to get it looking nice& fast
Old 07-10-02, 01:11 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice cars man!! You must be very Proud! That Acura is beautiful.
Old 07-10-02, 01:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hehe, thanks. i actually didn't plan on the lexus at all, but the deal was just too good to resist. and yup, every now and then when i go to shopping mall or so my car catches quite some eyes