GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I need a force field!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-02 | 10:43 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Default I need a force field!!!

Well, it happened again
As my signature iplies, bad drivers seem to swarm all over me. Some of you may recall a few months back when this waste of flesh decides to go Nascar on my a$$, pulls up along side me in the breakdown lane and starts rubbing fenders with me while we're doing 70mph on the freeway during morning rush hour, and then drives off like it was a completely normal thing to do .
So this morning, I'm again on my way to work, and this douche-bag in a semi truck thats in the lane to my left and behind me starts drifting over into my lane. The problem is, I didn't know he was drifting because he was behind me in my blind spot. Well I found out quick enough when he applied his right front tire to my left rear quarter panel.
I started signalling for him to pull over, and sped up so he could see me as I pull off onto the shoulder, but he just kept on truckin'. So, I stop, quickly survey the damage (several gouges and a dent going all the way to bare metal), and then chased him down. I pulled up along side him, and yelled to him that he just hit me and had better pull over. His reply was "I didn't hit you, I didn't even see you. I'm thinking "great, well if he didn't see me, that must mean it never happened"
Anyway, I made my way to the police department and filed a complaint and gave them his license plate number, and the name of the company he works for. So, since paint work will need to be done, I'm in the market for a body kit... hey TXSTYLE, you got a line on that Netz Sports kit yet
Old 07-11-02 | 10:48 AM
wwest
Lead Lap

Default Cellphones

You just put your life at risk, do you not have a cell phone?

Next time, follow the culprit at a distance, call the cops and let them intercept...
Old 07-11-02 | 11:04 AM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Man, you must have a target painted on you or something! Sorry to hear about your second incident, but as last time I'd glad you weren't hurt.
Old 07-11-02 | 12:14 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

I HATE driving in Atlanta!
Old 07-11-02 | 12:31 PM
jg_nguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
I HATE driving in Atlanta!
try to drive in houston...
Old 07-11-02 | 12:50 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by JG TKR

try to drive in houston...
oh Gawd.....

i knwo how that is...

rush hour.... jammed traffic and crazyyyy as drivers going 55mph dodging cars.... cutting people off badd.... and driving on shoulder like its suppose to be driven on....

worst ive ever seen...... houston is bad place to drive in... if i lived there... i would buy my self a bycycle and a builtproff suit... so i dont get hit.
Old 07-11-02 | 03:57 PM
Goods
Driver

i've driven in most of the major cities and gotta admit Houston seems to have more of the shoulder driving, run the light crowd than the suburbs .. but all cities are getting bad to drive in ...

Anyone else experience this ....

The thing that worries me these days is slowing down .. or jamming on the brakes .... I keep an eye in the rear view to make sure the car behind me is slowing/stopping as well.

The GS has got some good brakes, good enough to move the car forward if you have room to give the car behind you that extra few feet they may need to stop.
Old 07-11-02 | 04:06 PM
LexFather

Damn Eric, this is nuts. Atlanta drivers are some of the worst PERIOD. All these SUVs, trucks, 18 wheelers etc...

U coming to the meet Saturday though, right?
Old 07-11-02 | 05:09 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Damn bro. I'm sorry to hear about that. I was in a hit and run in my old Acura back in the day. I hope you get this guy and at least make him pay for the damages.

Damn, 1SICKLEX, getting worried about taking my car up to ATL on Saturday. Heh, oh well. My bulletproof colgan sports bra will protect me from bugs, rocks, and cars
Old 07-11-02 | 06:29 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Damn Eric, this is nuts. Atlanta drivers are some of the worst PERIOD. All these SUVs, trucks, 18 wheelers etc...

U coming to the meet Saturday though, right?
Probably not Mike, I'll just spend the day looking at the car and crying in my cereal.
Old 07-11-02 | 06:30 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Iceman
Man, you must have a target painted on you or something! Sorry to hear about your second incident, but as last time I'd glad you weren't hurt.
Thanks Iceman, I appreciate it! Are you still liking the new car?
Old 07-11-02 | 06:31 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by brendanlim
My bulletproof colgan sports bra will protect me from bugs, rocks, and cars
Yeah, but not 18 wheelers
Old 07-12-02 | 08:42 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Damn, kid, you need to drive around in a tank. Hope all goes well.
Old 07-12-02 | 10:02 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Damn, that is scarry stuff!!!
Old 07-12-02 | 10:36 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

mumbles, you guys were in each others blind spots for gawwds sake. it is much easier for a regular car to move away from a trucks blind spot than the other way around. don't tell me the whole truck and 53' trailer was in your blind spot?? i know though, when the truck is BEHIND you in your blind spot, its hard for u to even see that there is a truck there...hope insurance comes through for you. those longnose freightliners/peterbilt trucks have a really hard time seeing that area that's in front of them.

Quick Reply: I need a force field!!!