GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sound from AC/front panel area during acceleration from a stop.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 06:19 PM
BoostedOne
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
air trapped in the heater core??

this thread is going to make my head asplode.
Trust me, it happens all the time. In fact air in a cooling system can cause all sorts of noises. Air most commonly gets trapped in the heater core and can be a real pain to get out sometimes as I experienced today on a SC430. As to why it just started is another issue. Usually these things happen after some sort of cooling system work. What he hears is the coolant rushing through the heater core, but because there are bubbles inside it you hear a gurgling type noise.
Old 09-12-10, 06:34 PM
jw11301
Driver School Candidate

I had the coolant drained and replaced and it took care of the gurgling noise. Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.
Old 09-13-10, 03:26 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jw11301
I had the coolant drained and replaced and it took care of the gurgling noise. Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.
I am speechless......

My bad for doubting you guys. Even now I just don't understand how thats possible.
Old 09-14-10, 09:33 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jw11301
you didnt actually have to drain and refill coulda just topped it off while its running to "burp" the air bubbles out

I am speechless......

My bad for doubting you guys. Even now I just don't understand how thats possible.
this is actually a common issue some of the guys on have had is air in the coolant and it making a gargling/sloshing noise. this why i never posted any info up when you'll were talking bout my servos, i figured OP MIGHT actually search some and find it.....oh well a member told him, he got it fixed, so its all good now
Old 09-14-10, 10:46 AM
LEXUSGS430
Rookie

Coolant for sure. Been there done that.

Besides whats a guy with a name like sivikvtec know bout a LEX!

BWAHAHAHAHA!
Old 09-14-10, 11:14 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXUSGS430

BWAHAHAHAHA!
since the OP got his issue taking care of and sivikvtec learned something new about his car, why would u feel the need to post this to start a flame war with someone?
Old 09-14-10, 01:56 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Received 284 Likes on 244 Posts

I had the same problem when my coolant was low. Sounded like pebbles were hitting the plastic engine cover. When I searched here I thought no way it's air. Sure enough never had a problem since.
Old 09-14-10, 02:26 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BWAHAHAHAHA!
thanks for keeping it classy

Perhaps you should think next time before you type garbage. You are only seeking to reinforce the opinion that since these cars are getting cheap the wrong people are buying them....

Actually I doubted this because of my BMW background. People with certain models have a hell of a time trying to bleed air out of their coolant. When there is still some air in there, the engine may want to overheat but there is never any "gurgling" noise. Somebody would get flamed like crazy on a honda or bmw message board for saying they thought they heard the bubbles in thier coolant. It sounds rediculous.

Furthermore, I fail to understand how a closed system can make enough noise to where its audible in the cabin...even if its in the heater core. Think about water flowing through a pipe. If that pipe is part of a closed stystem (not open to the atmosphere) there should not be any change in sound whether there are a few bubles in there or not.

Last edited by sivikvtec; 09-14-10 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 02:33 PM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

you could do like sakataj said, just park it on a hill with the front of the car facing up as you top it off. So all air pockets will right up to the radiator cap area.
Old 09-15-10, 10:22 AM
LEXUSGS430
Rookie

Originally Posted by sakataj
since the OP got his issue taking care of and sivikvtec learned something new about his car, why would u feel the need to post this to start a flame war with someone?
as for the comment I made about his name...I was simply having fun....sorry if your "sensitive" Do you sit down to pee too?.....lol
Its was a joke, get a sense of humor man.....
thanks for keeping it classy

Perhaps you should think next time before you type garbage.

Garbage? hmmmmm look at your prior posts trying to explain how the noise wasn't possible.

Actually I doubted this because of my BMW background. People with certain models have a hell of a time trying to bleed air out of their coolant. When there is still some air in there, the engine may want to overheat but there is never any "gurgling" noise. Somebody would get flamed like crazy on a honda or bmw message board for saying they thought they heard the bubbles in thier coolant. It sounds rediculous.

This is not a Honda or a BMW board.

Furthermore, I fail to understand how a closed system can make enough noise to where its audible in the cabin...even if its in the heater core. Think about water flowing through a pipe. If that pipe is part of a closed stystem (not open to the atmosphere) there should not be any change in sound whether there are a few bubles in there or not.
The system is under pressure, and metered by thermostatic control. So as the stat opens and closes the pressure rises and falls too so any air in a coolant system could really wreak havoc as you have learned.

lol wut.

the noise is coming from the servo motors.

Hey OP, I bet if you turn the key all the way but don't start the car and turn on the climate control you will still hear the noise. Get back and let me know if I'm right.

No amout of air in coolant will make a noise audible from the cabin
The above comments are actually "garbage"

There is alot of really, really bad information in the above links.

Dude.

Please explain to me how air in coolant (lulz) would have some kind of audible effect, heard from inside the cabin (mega lulz)??!!
^more garbage^
Not to be an ***, but you may want to research how an engine or cooling system works before you respond.
^more garbage^

A car with air pockets trapped in the coolant may overheat. That is
it.
^and even more^

either way sivik no offense dude...
Old 09-15-10, 08:02 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kene
you could do like sakataj said, just park it on a hill with the front of the car facing up as you top it off. So all air pockets will right up to the radiator cap area.
sorry like that, although thats not how i said it lol

as for the comment I made about his name...I was simply having fun....sorry if your "sensitive" Do you sit down to pee too?.....lol
Its was a joke, get a sense of humor man.....
i have a sense of humor but some people dont take kindly to noobs flamming on them (yes i saw noob as even though you been here since 2006 you have 56 posts)
Old 09-16-10, 06:15 AM
LEXUSGS430
Rookie

i have a sense of humor but some people dont take kindly to noobs flamming on them (yes i saw noob as even though you been here since 2006 you have 56 posts)[/QUOTE]

LOL now that is funny, there were no flames, as I explained I was kidding with the guy because of sivik name on a lexus forum.

You my friend are taking thing way out of context. As for being a noob, try again. Just because you post nothing but crap and cause trouble doesn't mean you know something. I will put this one to bed because really there is no point in acknowledging someone who really had no business in the convo to begin with.

Keep your nose out of things that don't concern you and have a little fun.

Finally, learn to stand up and **** like a man....
Old 09-16-10, 08:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,421 Posts

This thread is closed for childish name calling and insults. That's not what CL is about and if you try to make it that, we'll ask you to leave.