GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Worth getting Daizen bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-10, 11:57 AM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Worth getting Daizen bushings?

My bushings in the front are shot. And I was wondering if getting Daizen bushings was worth the wait? Im running 19s with stretched tires and I heard that with the daizen bushings you feel the road more.. Should i just get oem bushings?
Old 09-08-10, 09:52 AM
airestonia
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Decided to bump this thread, because I'm looking for more info on the Daizens myself.

BTW How much do OEM bushings cost? Couldn't find them at Sewell
Old 09-08-10, 09:55 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them and feel like they made a noticeable difference in the steering. I'd go for it.
Old 09-08-10, 10:07 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends. The daizens are polyurethene brushings and when you compare them side by side with the OEM brushings, they are noticeably fatter, thicker, and denser than OEM.

The control arm brushings, coupled with the daizen sways and tein CS V2 makes a huge difference in cornering capabilities. Huge. You might slide around in your seat, but the car will hold nicely when you whip around corners. Now I'm not sure if you just switched out the daizen control arm brushings with completely OEM suspension, but the control arm brushings coupled with the daizen sways, tein coils, and a nice staggered tire setup are night and day when compared to OEM (obviously). As to ride condition/comfort, I didn't notice any difference. You might feel the road a bit more since the brushings are harder and don't compress as much, but that is the price you pay if you want more 'sport' in your suspension.

As for the daizen steering rack brushing, I think this is a must. The OEM steering rack brushing is very soft and mushy compared to the daizen counterpart. You might get more road feel/vibration in the steering wheel, but I personally like that. The OEM steering wheel lags and doesn't really connect the driver immediately to changing road conditions, especially when doing tight cornering. The steering rack brushing tightens up the steering, making it more responsive, and gives you more 'road feel' which is a necessity when you modify your suspension for more sport.

Again, I have no idea how the daizen brushing set will act or feel with completely OEM suspension, but if you've done other mods to your suspension to make it more sporty, these brushings are a must in my opinion.
Old 09-08-10, 10:11 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

the question is.. why wouldnt you get them? 10 + year old car needs new bushings regardless.

btw you can purchase them at TM
Old 09-08-10, 10:15 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

btw i have it on my Cinnabar GS.. just daizen on stock suspension. its a big more rough but at the same time its a lot more "sporty" compared to the boat feel of the stock GS.
Old 09-08-10, 10:20 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I could think of a few reasons why you wouldn't want to get them

As for Daizen with stock suspension, I ran just the caster bushings alone for a while and sold it off right away. It made no difference in handling, but you do feel the road though. I guess you can say the car rides harsher/rougher. If your bushings are shot, then you'll immediately notice a difference. My OEM bushings only had 50k miles when I made the swap so they were still good.

Whenever I drove over lane dividers, the bumps were noticeably harsher, but not to the point where your teeth rattles. If you're wanting to inject some sportiness into your car and you're okay with feeling the roads more, then go for the daizen.
Old 09-08-10, 11:47 AM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're a must if you don't want to buy new caster arms when yours inevitably go out...
Old 09-08-10, 04:26 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

ha if i wanted a buttery ride ide get a LS.

so it boils down to... OEM Arm or Daizen bushings.. daizen being the "upgrade" and cheaper of the 2..
Old 09-08-10, 04:58 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

It's not about the ride quality to be honest. The problem with the Daizen is that it's great for stock cars that don't see anything but a smooth road. The lower you are, the worse it is for the bushing because it's designed with only one degree of freedom. Ever looked at the arm while the car is slammed to the ground? The lip gets pierced/torn and over the long run, it can deteriorate the bushing itself. That is why I like FIG's design, or even the heim joint that mex_lex has because it allows the arm to move in the direction it needs to.

My car rides much better now with OEM bushings and stiffer spring rates, than it did with OEM suspension and the Daizen bushings.
Old 09-08-10, 06:42 PM
OCLEX03
Driver

would getting these new bushings fix my car issue, my car steering wheel has a shake at any speeds and it feels more difficult to turn the steering wheel as if i have no power steering or something. my steering wheel and the front wheels would jerk to one way and the other going over little dips/bumps and potholes on the streets
Old 09-08-10, 08:32 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i got a clunking problem. when i turn left at full lock, it would clunk. its not my tie rod ends, cuz i changed those already. im guessing its the caster bushings. know anywhere i can get the bushing set for cheap? TM doesnt seem to list it
Old 09-08-10, 09:24 PM
eskay269
Rookie

anybody know a good shop in socal to get the daizens installed for a reasonable price? my mechanic doesn't really want to do it cause of the time it takes.
Old 09-08-10, 09:32 PM
williepee
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just lowered my car with daizen springs/bilstein sports and was going to replace all of my bushings, lower ball joints, and tie rod ends. is going daizen for bushings a bad idea now?
Old 09-08-10, 09:40 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

save yourself the headache from purchasing from TM and the headache of someone that can actually properly install them

buy oem

for the steering rack bushings and the control arm bushings sure but the lower control arm ones.. just buy the entire arm oem. $234 shipped from lexusparts

Quick Reply: Worth getting Daizen bushings?