GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I love my car, but I think i hate driving

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-10, 10:32 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
They MADE you roll UP you WINDOWS? Why did they pull you over in the first place? Just to inspect your windows??
Yea they did, I had to get my car inspected to sign off my blue led ticket
or else I couldn't pay it
So I went to the place where they inspect your car
The sheriff at the spot made me roll up my windows(even thought ticket wasn't for tints) Only when I rolled them up did he sign off my light ticket
Lucky I have no tints yet
Old 09-08-10, 11:03 PM
7thgear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damm nyc is the worst with tints they will mess with you all the time....i got 12 tickets in 1 shot once .............................
Old 09-08-10, 11:12 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 7thgear
damm nyc is the worst with tints they will mess with you all the time....i got 12 tickets in 1 shot once .............................
Ouch! That must have been an expensive ride that day
Old 09-09-10, 05:36 AM
gtmax
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of hippies here i see. I hate cops, simple as that. I respect them and i'm polite when they pull me over, but let's not even get into the many, many times i've been profiled by them. I mentioned in my OP that id didn't mind the stupid ticket and i know my tints are illegal, i just hate the 1)checkpoint, 2)pretense of the cop doing something important, 3)wasting my ****ing time.

After the tints are off, i'm driving through that place everyday blasting some ODB. And the person who said they thought i wasn't wearing my seatbelt: you can see through a 50% tint and he was in front of me when i was approaching him. My windshield isn't tinted!

AT least that one pig on queens blvd has never caught me.
Old 09-09-10, 06:15 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gtmax
A lot of hippies here i see. I hate cops, simple as that. I respect them and i'm polite when they pull me over, but let's not even get into the many, many times i've been profiled by them. I mentioned in my OP that id didn't mind the stupid ticket and i know my tints are illegal, i just hate the 1)checkpoint, 2)pretense of the cop doing something important, 3)wasting my ****ing time.

After the tints are off, i'm driving through that place everyday blasting some ODB. And the person who said they thought i wasn't wearing my seatbelt: you can see through a 50% tint and he was in front of me when i was approaching him. My windshield isn't tinted!

Those arent hippies. Those are our member Police Officers. and dont say you respect them if you're gonna call them pigs, obviously a two-faced person. If you hate them, then hate them to their face instead of bashing them online. Yes, its unfortunate that profiling may happen, but with precedence. I hate to be pulled over for minuscule violations while others race by, however I shouldnt be breaking the law... Newtons Law: For every action theres a reaction. You break the law, you get in trouble simple as that. Dont hate the messenger, hate the violator.
Old 09-09-10, 06:52 AM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gtmax

Geesh...I live in Queens and yes, they tend to profile cars that have excessively dark tints but with good reason. The use of excessive tint on windows is illegal for two very good reasons: It impairs the ability of a driver to see and also exposes law enforcement officers to unnecessary danger when conducting a car stop. My rear windows are 20% and I KNOW THAT, so if I get pulled over, that's on me!
I got 5 tickets in one shot in Garden City (*That's the posh ballerific neighborhood in Long Island), they watch you like a hawk.
You know that they're looking for someone or just trying to fill the ticket quota. Just try to avoid those check points and drive with your windows down when you see them (turn the music low also). Most of us here on this forum is about 25 years old and up, I'm sure we're all been through this when we was younger.
Don't get mad if dogs attack you when you smell like kibble and bits, lol. I'm just sayin.
Old 09-09-10, 06:59 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

This thread is closed because of the OP's cursing, personal insults / name calling. Knock it off gtmax