GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I love my car, but I think i hate driving

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-10, 04:53 PM
gtmax
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I love my car, but I think i hate driving

Not driving IT, just driving. I got pulled over again today, 3rd time, for my tints. I'm coming off Northern blvd, turning into the GCP. A Black civic gets pulled over in front of me, i figured they'd let me go since they already got one, but no luck.

****ing pigs give a nice guy speech but comes back with the tint measurer thingy. Says i got 50% front. I KNOW my windows are too dark, just give me the ticket and ****k off. Sorry guys i'm very angry.

I really love having a tint and not feeling as though i'm driving a fishbowl. I would do like our 20yr member and put curtains all around just to **** with them, but my ride is not pimped at all.

I'm tired of giving money to the city and feeding these useless cops that have nothing better to do than set up a money-collecting-check point instead of creating a taskforce to deal with car theft. I'd appreciate it more if they did it like in my country: pull you over, small talk and then you hand them over some cash in a handshake and you're on your way.

I'm removing the tint completely, getting those curtain things for my kids and never gonna exceed teh speed limit by more than 10mph. I'll keep my driving fantasies on the Playstation.

rant over.
Old 09-08-10, 04:59 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Drive with windows down bro, thats what I do and havent gotten effed with in 3 years.. (knock on wood)

BTW, dont count your blessings with those curtains.. They are far worse of an offense... I've already gotten a few tickets for them.
Old 09-08-10, 05:02 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

What color car do you have? I've never been pulled over for tint, but I drive a black car. If I had a white car with the same tint, the contrast is much higher and more obvious.
Old 09-08-10, 05:10 PM
gtmax
Driver

Its white alright. I've never posted pics because there's really nothing i've done to it. Maybe in CA cops aren't as pathetic as here.

And today was hot as hell. With the wife and kids in the car i can't drive with teh windows down. I'd be forced to drive onto the incoming traffic from the whining.
Old 09-08-10, 05:35 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately NYC cops enforce the tint laws aggressively. I got pulled over & ticketed before in another car years ago. I have dark tints & drive in Delaware but the cops here don't enforce the law really. I know for a fact that they will ticket me if one of them catches me doing some other violation while driving. I've gotten stopped just a few times when I'm up in a NYC but they have let me go w/o a ticket. It all depends where you drive and how much the cops enforce the tint laws. You can always remove them or keep them and always run the risk of being pulled over.
Old 09-08-10, 05:44 PM
Triton3k
Driver

That sucks.
I've been contemplating putting tints on my GS.
Old 09-08-10, 05:54 PM
krispl
Pole Position

What country are you from?
Old 09-08-10, 05:59 PM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

sounds like the handshake we have in my country of punjab india lol
also about cali, I know in LA everyone has tints so they dont pull you over as much but we once bought a car the same day from LA an IS300 black on black and when we got to the bay area got pulled over for tints, the lady before said she never got pulled over for front tints
Old 09-08-10, 06:00 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gtmax
Its white alright. I've never posted pics because there's really nothing i've done to it. Maybe in CA cops aren't as pathetic as here.

And today was hot as hell. With the wife and kids in the car i can't drive with teh windows down. I'd be forced to drive onto the incoming traffic from the whining.
I beg to differ. Cali cops are the worst.. Everyone should know that.
Old 09-08-10, 06:09 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

^^ Indeed they are.....
Old 09-08-10, 06:33 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by krispl
What country are you from?
"What? What ain't no country I ever heard of, they speak English in What?"

Last edited by CPMD; 09-08-10 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-08-10, 06:36 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ wtf?^^^
Old 09-08-10, 06:41 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wait let me get this straight... you put something illegally on your car then complain when you get in trouble for it?

I think I was like this when I was 17 with my first car, but even then, I knew what the consequences were, and only hated life for all of 14 seconds after I got pulled over. It's life, deal with it.

Oh and by the way, they only gave you a ticket because they couldn't see if you had a seatbelt on or not. I live in the area and see them all the time at that location.
Old 09-08-10, 06:43 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

ouch!
Old 09-08-10, 06:57 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

With that attitude you arent gettin anywhere, what do you expect when you break the law, and last time i checked i was a human being not a pig. i love bacon though and donuts especially jelly ones.

Quick Reply: I love my car, but I think i hate driving