GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Loooookkkkk!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-10, 04:56 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Well thats in insult to both the makers and those of us who own them! These look NOTHING like the crap for $130. Go ahead an look at them again because there is no resemblance to them. But you can go ahead and sport the cheap ones while we floss the real deal, makes them more exclusive for us

Nope, they're still on back order, however Taba has always had them, but he only sells them in sets of 4. http://www.jzsinternational.com/serv...ISTO-GS/Detail The last I heard (over a year ago) they're sold in bulk to suppliers like every quarter thus only making them available every 3 or 4 months; then they go fast
Originally Posted by ElitistK
troll alert

whoa chill out there folks, no need to get all insultive and such, i actually like the oem ones, and yes i just checked them both with the magnifying glass and whoopdeedee one has horizontal leds while the other has round ones. sweeeeeeet, but seriously though its the only difference i see

Last edited by D-Boi; 09-27-10 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-27-10, 05:56 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Boi
whoa chill out there folks, no need to get all insultive and such, i actually like the oem ones, and yes i just checked them both with the magnifying glass and whoopdeedee one has horizontal leds while the other has round ones. sweeeeeeet, but seriously though its the only difference i see
I have the "inferior" thin clear lens LED lights, and have seen the insurance tails in person. I like them a lot and they work very well.. There are differences is what I am trying to say..
Old 09-27-10, 06:13 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

im sure the expensive ones are better but id rather spend $130 than $600^ when the difference is not that great, i mean if clear altezza taillights were 130 bucks then yea but the ones on ebay dont look bad and for the 130 bucks one should be able to enjoy them without them looking cheap.
Old 09-27-10, 06:28 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

im sure the expensive ones are better but id rather spend $130 than $600^ when the difference is not that great, i mean if clear altezza taillights were 130 bucks then yea but the ones on ebay dont look bad and for the 130 bucks one should be able to enjoy them without them looking cheap.
Its about being exclusive... You see everyone with the $130 ones, why would anyone want to copy the rest? Many have the insurance tails, but they are so spread out, you dont see them. I see the retarded ebay ones A LOT around town I'll say, I'll take the Sonars over those others any day!
Old 09-27-10, 06:47 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

well you guys are in cali thats why, i barely see a GS around here once every day.
Old 09-27-10, 09:16 PM
zoniebutt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://eliteautostyle.com/products/lighting.htm 500 from this site same ones.....
Old 09-27-10, 09:42 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zoniebutt
http://eliteautostyle.com/products/lighting.htm 500 from this site same ones.....
wow first post and you are being productive, you are a good man mr. butt
Old 09-27-10, 11:54 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

wow, AND they come with factory harness! Thats pretty good... wonder if they bend you over on shipping
Old 09-28-10, 12:01 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they look the same to me as the 130 dollar led ones with the clear bottoms
they make rook the same, but the "$130" ones might flicker later on as it ages.

the insurance tail lamps made by depo has much better quality, and the more LEDs used. the biggest difference is when they are lit at night.
Old 09-28-10, 12:42 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Its about being exclusive... You see everyone with the $130 ones, why would anyone want to copy the rest? Many have the insurance tails, but they are so spread out, you dont see them. I see the retarded ebay ones A LOT around town I'll say, I'll take the Sonars over those others any day!

"its about being exclusive"... "why would anyone want to copy"... my opinion here is completely neutral (aka: do what you want with your car) but i still laughed a little after reading this. although a slightly higher price point than some of the other options, the "exclusive" Insurance or Sonar tails you mentioned are still a knock off/copy/spin off of the original JP (hand modified OEM) non-led units pictured below, if you wanna get technical... to each his own.

my tails/personal favorite available for the GS:

if anyone's interested in these hit Luis @ l-tunedparts.com, he'll hook it up: http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1800
Old 09-28-10, 12:58 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I personally dont feel the JP tails. Its still factory IMO. If they would make an LED version, I'd be all over them. When I upgrade, I upgrade not buy stock that has been changed...

and as you laugh at my comment... I laugh at your "neutrality" cause that's quite the opposite, this isn't the first time you've posted such a reply in regards.

and for the record, I didnt bring up the sonars, I merely wanted to be a bit less biased about them, I personally dont like them, but if I HAD to choose from those and the real bad ones on ebay I would... just as I said above.
Old 09-28-10, 01:07 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

I personally dont feel the JP tails. Its still factory IMO. If they would make an LED version, I'd be all over them. When I upgrade, I upgrade not buy stock that has been changed...

and as you laugh at my comment... I laugh at your "neutrality" cause that's quite the opposite, this isn't the first time you've posted such a reply in regards.

and for the record, I didnt bring up the sonars, I merely wanted to be a bit less biased about them, I personally dont like them, but if I HAD to choose from those and the real bad ones on ebay I would... just as I said above.

Old 09-28-10, 07:37 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

wait so the ebay ones dont last long at all? do the leds start burning out one by one or what?
Old 09-28-10, 12:42 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

I had the JP ones...I never put them on my car. They were brand new. I sold them to someone on here...can't remember who. I still rock my sonars from Carson and not a single issue with them. Its all about preference as mentioned above.
Old 09-28-10, 05:15 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

the preference is the sonars have to wide of a clear strip... but who am i to say anything... my 130 dollar ebay lights are modded, and no one has them LOL!

Quick Reply: Loooookkkkk!!!