GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Looking for advice on mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-10, 03:56 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrentGS
A fellow GGP sport design owner

Don't put tacky parts on her whatever you do! Try finding 03 sport design headlights
thanks....wonder where to start looking
Old 10-06-10, 04:04 PM
BrentGS
Pole Position

I saw some sport design headlights on craigslist , try searching craigslook.com for gs300 headlights or something
Old 10-06-10, 04:20 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

hmm cant find them
Old 10-06-10, 10:10 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

coilovers

...what part of fl?
Old 10-06-10, 10:36 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New people coming up! Welcome! i got a prob with my headlights too..screw that buffing out thing cuz itll just get dull later..so im just gonna order a new set and buy an HID kit.. clean ride you have! well, its your car..so it's your taste..do what you want..just dont put daytons on it..hahahahaha!
Old 10-07-10, 01:56 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Antony I'm in tampa..... Lex I am going to order a whole new headlight too... Already spoke to tony about it can't wait
Old 10-07-10, 02:15 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you need any help on suspension or exhaust/power mods just shoot us a PM
Old 10-07-10, 02:21 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
If you need any help on suspension or exhaust/power mods just shoot us a PM
Yea imma do these lights first then imma hit u up pm me some prices for a good coil over set
Old 10-07-10, 02:25 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lextasy671
well, its your car..so it's your taste..do what you want..just dont put daytons on it..hahahahaha!
Haha Daytons... imma slap these bad boys on em lol
Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice on mods-133028980.jpg  
Old 10-07-10, 06:49 PM
raceforgt
Rookie

Originally Posted by OT0814
ok so here goes the pics of it(i know my cars dirty i wash it every week but here in Florida its dusty lol) you can't really see how bad the head lights are they still look clear in the pics but they are not. They have like a weird tint to them. I wanted them to be clear but was thinking of getting some smoked halos? Any opinion on those? or alternatives?
Those headlights are in bad shape and NOT original for the Sportdesign.. someone swapped em out for the typical defective fogging ones (both) and didn't tell you about it. If you want factory smoked headlights, the original Sportdesign ones ARE just that. They don't have the typical 01-05 green tint (which I personally like) instead a dark inner coating. They're very nice and if my GS were gray, Id definitely go for those.
As for other mods, wheels are #1. Go OEM Lex like I did. Get some 18s from the 3gen GS, they have some really hot options. I got the 450h 07-08 wheels that I fell in love with from day one. The other 18s are really nice too, you can find pics all over on CL.
Once you do that, you'll need a drop for sure. Go COILOVERS if you have a BIG enough wallet.. Tein CS are almost unanimously the nicest ones out there. But at just under two grand, they'll empty your pockets now and for some time to come! There's a guy that posted a thread that will make you want coils and nothing else after you read his priceless testimony. I for one don't have 2 g's so I went Eibach springs (1" drop) and Tanabe NF210 springs. A nice combo from what I read.
Get some HIDs. I would suggest if you need new headlights anyway, dont do a kit do a complete retrofit to HID headlamps. $500 for both on sewellparts.com. Same fitment but you'll need ballasts/bulbs which is another $300-500. Then get clear LED fogs to match the color temp.
At the end of the day though, everyone on here is ultimately correct. Only YOU can decide what mods you want. What I like, you may hate and vice versa. Do some research on clublex, there's some priceless information here you just have to search for it.
Lastly, I do ALL my shopping on L-tunedparts.com and Sewellparts.com, I would look there before anyplace else. Both are amazing at what they have but be careful not to spend your life savings, you will be tempted.
Good luck!
Old 10-08-10, 09:51 AM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by raceforgt
Those headlights are in bad shape and NOT original for the Sportdesign.. someone swapped em out for the typical defective fogging ones (both) and didn't tell you about it. If you want factory smoked headlights, the original Sportdesign ones ARE just that. They don't have the typical 01-05 green tint (which I personally like) instead a dark inner coating. They're very nice and if my GS were gray, Id definitely go for those.
As for other mods, wheels are #1. Go OEM Lex like I did. Get some 18s from the 3gen GS, they have some really hot options. I got the 450h 07-08 wheels that I fell in love with from day one. The other 18s are really nice too, you can find pics all over on CL.
Once you do that, you'll need a drop for sure. Go COILOVERS if you have a BIG enough wallet.. Tein CS are almost unanimously the nicest ones out there. But at just under two grand, they'll empty your pockets now and for some time to come! There's a guy that posted a thread that will make you want coils and nothing else after you read his priceless testimony. I for one don't have 2 g's so I went Eibach springs (1" drop) and Tanabe NF210 springs. A nice combo from what I read.
Get some HIDs. I would suggest if you need new headlights anyway, dont do a kit do a complete retrofit to HID headlamps. $500 for both on sewellparts.com. Same fitment but you'll need ballasts/bulbs which is another $300-500. Then get clear LED fogs to match the color temp.
At the end of the day though, everyone on here is ultimately correct. Only YOU can decide what mods you want. What I like, you may hate and vice versa. Do some research on clublex, there's some priceless information here you just have to search for it.
Lastly, I do ALL my shopping on L-tunedparts.com and Sewellparts.com, I would look there before anyplace else. Both are amazing at what they have but be careful not to spend your life savings, you will be tempted.
Good luck!
thanks a lot man. Ya I'm currently trying to do the retro now. You ain't lying bout spending your life savings neither I seriously am thinking bout doing that lol. Gotta try to have some restraint tho. Thanks for the advice tho on the wheels I'm bout to check it all out now
Old 10-08-10, 10:09 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by raceforgt
Tein CS are almost unanimously the nicest ones out there.
teins are POS man. DEF aren't unanimously the nicest.

IF you would say one is the best i would DEF say HKS coils are unanimously the best but they been discontinued so finding them is a crapshoot and rebuilding them isnt to cheap either thats why i passed on the set i was gonna get.

and BTW tein shouldn't be 2k (i THINK, you can find them for like 1.4k if you look you might be able to find them cheaper) you can find ALOT better brands of coilovers for 2k.

im fixing to put on a set of megans myself and they arent even 1k...they actually ARE nice not the best but for the price they pretty good

OP my advice is maintenance then mods.... brakes,audio,suspension,wheels,power in that order

race is semi correct but no reason to pay 800 for HID headlights, you can do a retro for close to that. as he said though, search around for what YOU like. its your car and you will have to live with it not us

Last edited by sakataj; 10-08-10 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-08-10, 11:24 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i were you i'd go for BC racing coilovers. They are absolutally fantastic! The cool thing is you can customize the spring rate and dampening to suit your preference as well as they have an extreme drop kit that SLAMS and i mean SLAMS your car! for BC racing. Worth the extra $100 from megans.
Old 10-08-10, 01:27 PM
510sc
Pole Position

dump that shieetttt
Old 10-08-10, 01:39 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Been hearing some good stuff bout bc coilover... Ya maintenance is a must. My car only has 81k miles so still have some time before I have to change mt timing belt...... Damn I'm going to spend all my money on this car lol

Quick Reply: Looking for advice on mods