GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

gs300 engine blew up, glad i didnt own a lexus

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-02, 02:54 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, we all can tell that post was half or more BS. Even if it did blow up, so what? No lexus car will ever blow up? Doesn't matter how good things are, you can talk ZERO PPM and I bet a Lexus will still fail, just like any other high end car.

Chances are, we will never see him post on this board again, he just came to bash.
Old 07-23-02, 10:48 AM
glaze2001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the clutch screw up, i ment tranny. As for the service records, it was a one owner car that had been serviced at lexus its entire life. I spoke with the owner of the car and she is a little old lady, who only drove it on the highway. As for the dealer, the owner of the dealership is my friend and the one who told me this, so i know that it is true, and not just some dealer b/s'ing me. This car was in mint condition.......i mean mint. There were maybe 4-5 scratches on the car and that is it. And there was no rebuilt or salvage title on the car. The dealer did not have to replace the engine either, he did it because he felt he should, because 4 months after selling a used lexus, the engine blew up. Maybe down in the states there is a market for used 8 year old luxury cars, but not up in canada. I tried to sell this car privatly for over 6 months, and only got a couple calls, because frankly, nobody wants a 8 year old lexus, that will give them problems like this. The reason im telling you this is because, frankly, im dissapointed in lexus as a company. This car did not live up to the companys reputation. Maybe it was a lemon, but who knows, all i can say is that i am happy that i traded it in, before this happened.
Old 07-23-02, 10:51 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If no one wants a Lexus that's 8 years old, then no one wants ANYTHING 8 years old. Heck, in 18 years, you'll probably see Lexus running that's made in 2002.

Do i see another case of "to late to cover up"
Old 07-23-02, 10:59 AM
GS3InPhx
Pole Position

Originally posted by glaze2001
Sorry for the clutch screw up, i ment tranny. As for the service records, it was a one owner car that had been serviced at lexus its entire life. I spoke with the owner of the car and she is a little old lady, who only drove it on the highway. As for the dealer, the owner of the dealership is my friend and the one who told me this, so i know that it is true, and not just some dealer b/s'ing me. This car was in mint condition.......i mean mint. There were maybe 4-5 scratches on the car and that is it. And there was no rebuilt or salvage title on the car. The dealer did not have to replace the engine either, he did it because he felt he should, because 4 months after selling a used lexus, the engine blew up. Maybe down in the states there is a market for used 8 year old luxury cars, but not up in canada. I tried to sell this car privatly for over 6 months, and only got a couple calls, because frankly, nobody wants a 8 year old lexus, that will give them problems like this. The reason im telling you this is because, frankly, im dissapointed in lexus as a company. This car did not live up to the companys reputation. Maybe it was a lemon, but who knows, all i can say is that i am happy that i traded it in, before this happened.

Yes, you are full of $%^@.
"Replaced an engine on a 8 yr old car because they thought it needed it?", who do you think you are talking too? No dealership is going to replace a motor on a used car because they THINK it might go, sorry, not buying it. Second of all, EVEN IF, (not saying it is), but EVEN IF your story was true, your happy you traded it in before what happened??? You just said there was no reason to replace it Please go find another forum to troll...I tell you what, I'm dissapointed in whatever educational institution that sent you into the world, forget about "lexus as a company", you need to worry about being competent enough to feed yourself while trying to pay for all the repairs on "(your), like I believe you even have one" Infinity....

Here:

www.clubsi.com

They might believe your BS..but I doubt it.
Old 07-23-02, 11:00 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it me or the story sounds even more BS?

A little old lady as the first owner (therefore a careful driver)...mint condition...always serviced by Lexus...Infiniti owner is a friend (well, could have been a source of a hugely discounted new Infinity right from the start)...repaired the GS because the dealer felt he should, because 4 months after selling a used lexus, the engine blew up, etc.

C'mon a dealer would do that for a used car that he sold that's not even his own franchised brand? He can't even do that with his brand new Infinitis if he believed that a repair will do the job.

Anyway, for all we know, that GS was probably put on NOS diet the day it left the dealer's parking lot or before you turned it in.

Last edited by whitels; 07-23-02 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-23-02, 11:47 AM
blue wax
Lead Lap

My 1st Gen looks and runs like brand new.... I have aprox. 110.000 Miles, I sometimes floor it for days in a row, when I'm in that mood, just for fun and racing some cars.
Other times I drive it smoothly and enjoy all the luxury.

Of course some blow they're engine..... certainly if you don't maintain it properly. That goes for any make of car.

I don' t believe the story anyway... the clutch stuff.... and all his friends who had the same probs !!?? No way josé !!

You will have to pay me loads of money to buy my car.
Wouldn't change her for no other at all right now.

I'm a happy LEXER !!!!

yezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 07-23-02, 11:51 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GLAZE, YOU ARE FULL OF ****!
Old 07-23-02, 12:49 PM
ezlyf
Driver

Originally posted by GSquicksilver
GLAZE, YOU ARE FULL OF ****!
I second that motion.
Old 07-23-02, 01:00 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

yeah tossed on 32lb psi turbo with NOS and he didnt change the oil(or add any) in 6 months, sure it wil blow
Old 07-23-02, 01:16 PM
glaze2001
Driver School Candidate

Honestly i could care less if you beleive the story or not, because all of it is completely true. If you owned a dealership, and wanted to keep a good reputation, then you would have replaced the engine too. I have no reason to make any of this up, so beleive it or not, i dont really care. I just thought that i would post that my lexus was not a good car, maybe yours are, but mine wasnt, and i was just dissapointed. Call it B/S if you want, but its all true.
Old 07-23-02, 01:35 PM
LexFather

Canadians.......

(just playing Ken, Sasha etc.... )

Old 07-23-02, 01:54 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by glaze2001
Honestly i could care less if you beleive the story or not, because all of it is completely true. If you owned a dealership, and wanted to keep a good reputation, then you would have replaced the engine too. I have no reason to make any of this up, so beleive it or not, i dont really care. I just thought that i would post that my lexus was not a good car, maybe yours are, but mine wasnt, and i was just dissapointed. Call it B/S if you want, but its all true.
HAHA...

Maybe, they do things differently there because few, if any, new car dealers here would sell anything over five years old. They would have wholesaled it to another dealer the day after it was traded in. Actually, they do things differently there because I saw a 1995 325I for sale at a BMW dealership in Richmond, BC this month.
Old 07-23-02, 01:55 PM
kuruption213
Pole Position

i definitely had to put my 2 cents in to this discussion...when i was about 14 i would swear by nothing but mercedes, however lexus had started growing on me after being out for a few years. when my father was looking for a new car i convinced him to stay away from benz and give lexus a try. he bought a ls400 and will quickly battle anyone bad mouthing lexus. a year ago i got a gs400 and also have found the car flawless. i know several people who own a lexus as well as other high end cars such as benz, bmw and audi and not one of them as ever said any other car could compare with their lex. i think you may have gotten a bad car or you are just straight bitter.
Old 07-23-02, 02:03 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

first of all why would the dealer still have the car 4 months after it was traded in??? thats a little odd.
Old 07-23-02, 02:05 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by kuruption213
i definitely had to put my 2 cents in to this discussion...when i was about 14 i would swear by nothing but mercedes, however lexus had started growing on me after being out for a few years. when my father was looking for a new car i convinced him to stay away from benz and give lexus a try. he bought a ls400 and will quickly battle anyone bad mouthing lexus. a year ago i got a gs400 and also have found the car flawless. i know several people who own a lexus as well as other high end cars such as benz, bmw and audi and not one of them as ever said any other car could compare with their lex. i think you may have gotten a bad car or you are just straight bitter.
I wouldn't say flawless cause the rattles and bump in my dash annoy the hell out me! But other then that it works pretty good.

Quick Reply: gs300 engine blew up, glad i didnt own a lexus