GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Burnt Drivers Seat From Heat Warmer

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-10, 11:58 AM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Debonair
I got your PM Brian. What to do really depends on what time and energy you want to invest.

There is no way to know what caused it without opening up the seat. At that point you could repair or replace what ever has failed. You could also upgrade to an aftermarket model that has multiple heat levels. My WRX has this factory and I love it.

If you do not want to repair it replace it with another factory heat seat. This may cost more but will be much faster and easier.

Contacting Lexus is all about how much time you want to spend on it. A coworker of mine has a 99 GS300. The brake booster went out last year. He called and bugged them about the cost of the part. They sent him a check for $800.00 to cover it. All he paid was labor. It can be done if you have the time for it.

Debonir,

Did you know who exactly your coworker contacted??

My brake booster has been out for years on my 00 GS300. The part is so expensive that I have decided to not fix it. but if lexus could help with the fix that would be great.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-22-10, 01:15 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich27
Debonir,

Did you know who exactly your coworker contacted??

My brake booster has been out for years on my 00 GS300. The part is so expensive that I have decided to not fix it. but if lexus could help with the fix that would be great.

Thanks for the help.
couldnt u just have PM'ed abel directly for this? BTW why wouldnt u buy a used one from the junkyard?

Old 11-22-10, 01:37 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^ REALLY??? I thought U were the king of thread jacks....

I doubt lexus will do anything. The local dealer might even charge you to look at the issue. There gonna have to take out the seat to disassemble and since its out of warranty, they are going to look at you for payment to diagnose. Pop up the console, unplug the switch, and fix it whichever way you choose, as funds allow.
Old 11-22-10, 01:50 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

puahahahahah ^
Old 11-22-10, 02:34 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLAZE
^^^^ REALLY??? I thought U were the king of thread jacks....

I doubt lexus will do anything. The local dealer might even charge you to look at the issue. There gonna have to take out the seat to disassemble and since its out of warranty, they are going to look at you for payment to diagnose. Pop up the console, unplug the switch, and fix it whichever way you choose, as funds allow.
never been a thread jacker....im more the veer off the path a little bit. NOT to mention i posted that pic to be funny, im more playful on here than i am serious MOST of the time.

they might not,but again i intend to find out. worst they can tell me is NO and yes im anticipating them charging me least i'll get a free loaner out of it though. WHAT if im lucky and the DO fix it though... crossing my fingers and we'll c,as i said though if i dont get the car back tonight i will have to postpone it again

Originally Posted by vwynn
puahahahahah ^
shut up vince.....
Old 11-22-10, 03:11 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
never been a thread jacker....im more the veer off the path a little bit. NOT to mention i posted that pic to be funny, im more playful on here than i am serious MOST of the time.

they might not,but again i intend to find out. worst they can tell me is NO and yes im anticipating them charging me least i'll get a free loaner out of it though. WHAT if im lucky and the DO fix it though... crossing my fingers and we'll c,as i said though if i dont get the car back tonight i will have to postpone it again

shut up vince.....
Lol... it's all good, good luck. I'm curious as to what they will say.
Old 11-23-10, 09:29 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLAZE
Lol... it's all good, good luck. I'm curious as to what they will say.
me too....im NOT curious to find out the price i will be paying especially when he said they charge $110 a hour (which would go towards the parts if i replaced it) BUT he also said corp maybe handling this so i will just have to wait and see

here is my loaner, a 2010 es350 which so far i am unimpressed with. although its very nice inside and i love the rear sunshade it has, i havent owned/driven a front wheel drive car in like 5 years so im not to thrilled bout it yet although i havent ever owned a car with this little mileage (bout several motorcycles new but not a car)

Old 11-23-10, 10:02 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Looks exactly like the loaner I had back in January.
Old 11-23-10, 01:54 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

car is done, has been since noon....will get back to everyone bout the details soon. i was right though, the element broke in my seat.

i already knew i was gonna hear some bs bout oh this and that caused it from the local dealership....they trying to tell me this is a wear and tear item. pffftt what wear and tear item causes your seat to catch fire?

we'll see if i can jump through some hoops when i talk to corp and get some thing worked out. i knew nothing was gonna get handled today. corp just asked me to bring it in and then call them afterwards so im not done here yet.
Old 11-23-10, 02:18 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by D-Boi
Better get to it before you cause some real damage or a fire bro, i had a friend of mines Bad Azz audi A6 catch on fire because of an electrical issue, 2 minutes later it was just a bunch of melted plastic and metal frame.
Mine went from this:

to this:

To this:

In under 15 minutes....
Old 11-23-10, 03:33 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

could you put out the small flame??
Old 11-23-10, 03:49 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

I tried but all I had was a bottle of water which had absolutely zero affect. Mine and my sons life were/are worth more than any vehicle... so we watched it burn.
Old 11-24-10, 03:14 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow... in 15 minutes the whole car burned... what was the cause of the fire?

I always carry 2 fire extinguishers in the trunk.

Back to the thread: Let us know if Corp is willing to (partly) cover for the repairs!
Old 11-24-10, 08:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Newchapter
Mine went from this:to this:In under 15 minutes....
that sucks...

Originally Posted by vwynn
could you put out the small flame??
you go try vince...me im just gonna run away in case something blows up and file my insurance.

Originally Posted by Newchapter
I tried but all I had was a bottle of water which had absolutely zero affect. Mine and my sons life were/are worth more than any vehicle... so we watched it burn.
shoulda roasted some marshmallows. do you know what caused it?

Originally Posted by YviE
wow... in 15 minutes the whole car burned... what was the cause of the fire?

I always carry 2 fire extinguishers in the trunk.

Back to the thread: Let us know if Corp is willing to (partly) cover for the repairs!
i started carrying a fire extinguisher on my motorcycles after this happened to me back in 2005

i will do....im not gonna call till after i come back to work from thanksgiving
Old 11-24-10, 09:17 AM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

Last edited by Newchapter; 07-08-22 at 02:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Burnt Drivers Seat From Heat Warmer