GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Wheel width/offset/size and tire fitment Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 06:46 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02msmg3
Looking at buying a set of varrstoen 19x8.5f et15 w 235/35/19 and 19x9.5r et20 w 245/40/19s... Car is lowered on eibach springs and I wanted to know if anybody has this exact same setup (rims at least) and if you had to do fender mods. I've searched and found similar like 19x9 or 19x9.5 fronts but always is et22 and never in 19x8.5. Anyone with this set up please chime in..... Thanks
Bro, I already told you what was needed for this over PM. In addition to that, another guy asked about a similar wheel fitment just a bit higher up in this thread that Yakuza answered.

People aren't answering anymore because the EXACT same questions are being asked over and over in this same thread. Please look through the thread BEFORE asking a question (the ENTIRE thread), and also make educated guesses.

Here are some websites you all can use to help get you all up to speed:

The 1010tires.com Wheel Offset Calculator
http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Jonathan Rowney's Stance Calculator
http://www.jonathanrowny.com/page/offset-calculator

www.rimtuck.com
Old 12-09-13, 04:26 PM
Loyalone72
Driver

Looking at these TSW Valencia's for my GS.

They come in a +40 and +20 offset. I want to fill the wheel well as much as possible but with no modifications. If necessary I could get my fenders rolled, but would like to avoid that if possible. What should I run for offset?

19 x 8.5 Front
19 x 9.5 Rear

Also, what would be the largest tires I could fit on these? (looking for a decent amount of sidewall for ride and protection against curbing)
Attached Thumbnails Wheel width/offset/size and tire fitment Q&A thread-tswvalenciaglossblack.jpg   Wheel width/offset/size and tire fitment Q&A thread-tsw-valencia-gloss-black-mirror-cut-lip-front.jpg  
Old 12-11-13, 02:13 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Alright... now I have a question (I'm hoping Yakuza, Bippu, or SoCalSC4 can chime in), and I'd check myself, but I'm currently stationed in Korea and my car is still in England. Anywho:

Currently, I'm running 20x11 et30 rears with 275/30 tires and my camber is about -3 to -4 degrees. I'm looking to run a 20x12 et30 with 305/25 tires and camber set to approximately -6 degrees on my new setup. (For the record, my rears are shaved pretty thin and I currently have about a good finger gap between the fenders and wheels).

So far, after checking the offset calculator, the tires will have 13mm LESS inside clearance (and that's not taking camber into account). So, my question is: Has ANYONE ran similar sizes and would be able to tell me if I'll have enough space in between the tire and suspension/hub to actually run this size in the rear? I'm running coilovers at the moment, and will also be swapping out to an Airrex/Accuair setup, so I know that when I lower it, the wheels/tires will camber in more. I'm just trying to get an overall idea as to whether or not this setup is actually possible without having to modify the rear fenders anymore. Thanks.
Old 12-12-13, 05:42 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Alright... now I have a question (I'm hoping Yakuza, Bippu, or SoCalSC4 can chime in), and I'd check myself, but I'm currently stationed in Korea and my car is still in England. Anywho:

Currently, I'm running 20x11 et30 rears with 275/30 tires and my camber is about -3 to -4 degrees. I'm looking to run a 20x12 et30 with 305/25 tires and camber set to approximately -6 degrees on my new setup. (For the record, my rears are shaved pretty thin and I currently have about a good finger gap between the fenders and wheels).

So far, after checking the offset calculator, the tires will have 13mm LESS inside clearance (and that's not taking camber into account). So, my question is: Has ANYONE ran similar sizes and would be able to tell me if I'll have enough space in between the tire and suspension/hub to actually run this size in the rear? I'm running coilovers at the moment, and will also be swapping out to an Airrex/Accuair setup, so I know that when I lower it, the wheels/tires will camber in more. I'm just trying to get an overall idea as to whether or not this setup is actually possible without having to modify the rear fenders anymore. Thanks.
You would probably hit the shock with 6 degrees. You would have to run something like a 275/30 on a 12 to get remotely close to fitting it. You will have to pull your fenders. Now if you aren't concerned with the wheel clearing the fender since you'll have air and just want to roll mexi-flush aired up, then go ahead. I would still take a 1/2" from the inside and run an 11.5 +24
Old 12-12-13, 06:01 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tiger4life
You would probably hit the shock with 6 degrees. You would have to run something like a 275/30 on a 12 to get remotely close to fitting it. You will have to pull your fenders. Now if you aren't concerned with the wheel clearing the fender since you'll have air and just want to roll mexi-flush aired up, then go ahead. I would still take a 1/2" from the inside and run an 11.5 +24
Yeah, that's what I was thinking with the inside hitting the strut but like I said, I don't have my care even remotely close so I couldn't measure for myself.

As for the 275 on the 12, I was running a 255/30 on the 11 when I first purchased them but ended up swapping them to the current 275/30s. Where it's at currently is about as far as I'd stretch, not to mention, aired out with aggressive offsets AND meaty tires is I'm shooting for.

Can't do the mexi-flush bit as where I'm currently at with the coilovers is going to be my normal driving height when on air. Damn.. I just had the fronts done so I may have to get the rears as well and probably go with a lower offset so it clears the suspension as well.

Thanks Tiger bro, appreciate all of the help.
Old 12-12-13, 08:14 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Yeah, that's what I was thinking with the inside hitting the strut but like I said, I don't have my care even remotely close so I couldn't measure for myself.

As for the 275 on the 12, I was running a 255/30 on the 11 when I first purchased them but ended up swapping them to the current 275/30s. Where it's at currently is about as far as I'd stretch, not to mention, aired out with aggressive offsets AND meaty tires is I'm shooting for.

Can't do the mexi-flush bit as where I'm currently at with the coilovers is going to be my normal driving height when on air. Damn.. I just had the fronts done so I may have to get the rears as well and probably go with a lower offset so it clears the suspension as well.

Thanks Tiger bro, appreciate all of the help.
I have been on here for a while. The widest setup with a reasonable tire i have seen is 20x11.5 with 305. That's if you want a stock fender. You want a 12 inch wheel the fenders will have to be pulled. Also your excessive camber will look exagerrated with such a large tire. It will also get expensive burning through 305 tires. You should just keep your 11 if you don't want to stretch. I'm running 255/35 on an 11. Next setup will probably be 325/25 on 13.5. I would like a little less stretch but 335/345 are on available in 30 series.
Old 12-12-13, 09:01 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tiger4life
I have been on here for a while. The widest setup with a reasonable tire i have seen is 20x11.5 with 305. That's if you want a stock fender. You want a 12 inch wheel the fenders will have to be pulled. Also your excessive camber will look exagerrated with such a large tire. It will also get expensive burning through 305 tires. You should just keep your 11 if you don't want to stretch. I'm running 255/35 on an 11. Next setup will probably be 325/25 on 13.5. I would like a little less stretch but 335/345 are on available in 30 series.
Yeah, I've already contacted my bodyshop guy back in the UK to see when he'll be available to pull the rears for me while also keeping as much a "stock" look as possible. Hoping for an April/May timeframe as that's when I'll be back to visit the wife.

LOL... yeah, I know about the exaggerated look, kind of what I'm going for as I rarely (if ever) see slammed cars with anything but stretched tires; and I'm not worried about lip size since they're full-faced wheels anyway.As for the tires, I'll only be driving the GS during nice weather so I'm not stressing it either way.
Old 12-16-13, 07:38 PM
Turch
Driver School Candidate

I want to know if I could fit 18x9.5 front and rear with +34 or +20 offset without worrying about rubbing/fender work. If not should I go with 18x8.5 +35 or +20 all around.
Old 01-16-14, 04:49 PM
Likini
Driver School Candidate

My set up is 235/35/20 front/ 275/30/20 rear. No rubbing issue at all.
Old 01-23-14, 10:26 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

I recently bought another 2gs and have a set of LM9's that I'm thinking of throwing on there. The car is my Daily and likely won't be slammed, but lowered just above the tire. I'm not big on stretch and want to get a fairly meaty set up because the roads here suck. The wheels are 19x9.5 and 19x10 with a +30 (approximate) offset front and back. Both the front fenders and the rear quarters are rolled already. Can I fit 255/35's and 285/30's on this set up? Also, I've used Hankook Evo V12's on my last couple set ups and like the tires. How do those run....true, narrow, or wider? Any help would be appreciated. My coilovers will be ordered tomorrow and I'd like to get the tire set up locked down soon
Old 01-24-14, 07:00 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Loyalone72
Looking at these TSW Valencia's for my GS.

They come in a +40 and +20 offset. I want to fill the wheel well as much as possible but with no modifications. If necessary I could get my fenders rolled, but would like to avoid that if possible. What should I run for offset?

19 x 8.5 Front
19 x 9.5 Rear

Also, what would be the largest tires I could fit on these? (looking for a decent amount of sidewall for ride and protection against curbing)
you're still leaving plenty of space...sunken space...with the +42, definitely go with the +20 offset.

I'm running 19x9 +25 F (235/40/19) and 19x10 +25 R (275/35/19) and it is sitting very flush all around, I'm also on shaved rears and no mods up front.
Old 01-24-14, 09:11 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver'04
I recently bought another 2gs and have a set of LM9's that I'm thinking of throwing on there. The car is my Daily and likely won't be slammed, but lowered just above the tire. I'm not big on stretch and want to get a fairly meaty set up because the roads here suck. The wheels are 19x9.5 and 19x10 with a +30 (approximate) offset front and back. Both the front fenders and the rear quarters are rolled already. Can I fit 255/35's and 285/30's on this set up? Also, I've used Hankook Evo V12's on my last couple set ups and like the tires. How do those run....true, narrow, or wider? Any help would be appreciated. My coilovers will be ordered tomorrow and I'd like to get the tire set up locked down soon
Post pics!!!! Yeah!!!!!!
Old 01-27-14, 08:33 AM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Post pics!!!! Yeah!!!!!!
I most definitely will. I'm fairly certain since the rears are fairly conservative it shouldn't be too much of an issue. The fronts, I wasn't sure how that 255/35 would fit in though. I seen Neegroy's set up and the front offsets are slightly more aggressive, but width wise we'd be the same. The 255's on a 9.5 has the look I'm kind of going for too. But, I think I would want to go lower than his fronts are. I'm going to shoot him a PM if he can't go lower because of rubbing, or if he kept that ride height strictly because of the road conditions.
Old 01-27-14, 08:38 PM
c2gs
Driver School Candidate

What do u guys suggest for tire size on 19x8.5 + 43front 19x9.5 +27rear
what kinda fender work would i need to do when slammed
Old 02-05-14, 11:32 AM
csnelson
Driver School Candidate

Default GS4 opinions needed on wheel and tire plans

My plans for my stock 99 GS400 are to put on 2011-2013 IS350 staggered chrome wheels. They are 5 spoke but with the low part between giving the split look. They are Front 18X8 45 offset & Rear 18X8.5 50 offset

I'm trying to keep the OEM look. MY two ideas were:

1. Front 245/40/18 & Rear 255/40/18. Negative: the O.D. is .3 inch different 25.7 front 26.0 rear. Positive: The front tire is a higher load carrying capacity in the 1600's. Original is 1521 for 16 inch 1477 for 17 inch.

2. Front 225/45/18 & Rear 255/40/18 Positive: the O.D. is identicle at 26.0 so the sidewalls should look extremely close to matched in height, which I want.
Negative: I'm nervous that the front tires load carrying capacity, that is in the 1300's being so much lower than stock and the actual width of the front tire will be less than stock, and that it is a GS with a V8 in front (heavier). I'm worried I wouldn't have good balance and to much understeer (push).

I was considering the Continental Extreme contact DW. Another size I would consider for the front would be the 235/45/18 but unfortunately they aren't made in that size.

Also planning on installing Eibach Pro Kit springs. 1 inch drop.

Ok what do you guys think? Thanks

Quick Reply: Wheel width/offset/size and tire fitment Q&A thread