GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Diamond Racing Wheels lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-10, 06:32 PM
Desarro
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me I'm far from offended. I've been thru this already on another forum for my old car. People talked till they saw it then I got the "it doesn't look bad talk" no biggie or beef here. Its just the internet.
Old 11-05-10, 06:34 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

word..it may not look bad...I'm picturing a black satin GS with flat black steelies dumped on air...as long as its a bigger wheel than 16-17"
Old 11-05-10, 06:57 PM
Desarro
Rookie

I was gonna get at least the 18's. Only if its cheap then.its not worth it to me lol
Old 11-05-10, 07:04 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I get what you are saying sped. It's just the fact that cheap builds are going to happen. It's not a 45k car anymore. These cars will be $3500 soon and I don't expect people to put 10k into one. It doesn't make financial sense. I'm not disappointed because it's their car. No reason to get bent out of sha[e about it. If I want to see a clean (in my opinion) gs, I can always build my own. I wouldn't do steelies but I'm not going to trip about it if someone else does it. You're entitled to not like it and voice your opinion about it. I was just trying to put a different perspective. It's like you don't want these guys to go out and embarass you by doing cheap stuff to theirs. But I don't care what other people think about what I like. I'm into impalas and caprices, what you guys call donk (lol). Donk is really for 70's impalas like everything else how people use the term. But my point is, if I get the time to build one, I will. I'm not gonna worry if the next man built a porr example. I'm sure many people on the road think of vip as no diffrent than honda style. All they see is, big wheels, no tire, useless body kits (in terms of performance) and entirely too hard spring rates. But we all are into the gs. I'm getting down from the soapbox now, I'm out.
Old 11-05-10, 07:30 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is amusing to read. keep the GS VIP and not tunerrr =PPP
Old 11-05-10, 09:07 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

This is a very interesting thread. I can respect both sides of the spectrum having spent thousands and thousands on many transformations to my GS.
I am finally happy with the way my GS sits right now. VIPstyled.

Having said that, being from down south. VIP style has not been embraced or appreciated as say the west coast or the east coast(LibertyVip) for example. In the south, all they care about is chrome and diameter(no homo) not quality.

Its cool though bc even though everyone drives a GS, they don't drive it like I do or look like mine. to everyone and do you cuzz ima do me.
Old 11-05-10, 09:10 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cheez80
what, no yakima/thule roof rack?
You'd have to throw a fixie on top to get to the total package right.
Old 11-05-10, 09:15 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

try it i want to see
Old 11-06-10, 08:19 AM
phillygs3

Way to small for a 2nd gen
Old 11-06-10, 08:40 AM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Desarro
... just because its a Lexus doesnt mean its on a higher tier of automobile status.
really? i'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means.

steelies on a gs will be whack, but if that's what you wanna do then bust a move. diamond steelies in particular are straight up ugly (design wise), the only reason anyone buys them is because of the sizes. why not get some aviator (18") steelies and have them widened?

(answer) same reason no one else does, because that would actually cost money and require effort.
Old 11-06-10, 10:24 AM
koawood08
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tiger4life
I get what you are saying sped. It's just the fact that cheap builds are going to happen. It's not a 45k car anymore. These cars will be $3500 soon and I don't expect people to put 10k into one. It doesn't make financial sense. I'm not disappointed because it's their car. No reason to get bent out of sha[e about it. If I want to see a clean (in my opinion) gs, I can always build my own. I wouldn't do steelies but I'm not going to trip about it if someone else does it. You're entitled to not like it and voice your opinion about it. I was just trying to put a different perspective. It's like you don't want these guys to go out and embarass you by doing cheap stuff to theirs. But I don't care what other people think about what I like. I'm into impalas and caprices, what you guys call donk (lol). Donk is really for 70's impalas like everything else how people use the term. But my point is, if I get the time to build one, I will. I'm not gonna worry if the next man built a porr example. I'm sure many people on the road think of vip as no diffrent than honda style. All they see is, big wheels, no tire, useless body kits (in terms of performance) and entirely too hard spring rates. But we all are into the gs. I'm getting down from the soapbox now, I'm out.

this has not stopped anyone else from spending tons of money on any specific car, truck, boat, train, airplane, etc correct?!?!?! if someone likes something they will spend the money on how they want it to end up like regardless of time, age, price.

Last edited by koawood08; 11-06-10 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-06-10, 10:48 AM
gsjason300
Lead Lap

lollllllllll
Old 11-06-10, 11:12 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Diamond Racing wheels come in 16". That's smaller than stock. What makes you think that would look good? Plus the GS already comes with nice alloy factory wheels.
Old 11-06-10, 12:11 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you can get them up to 24.5" diameter.
Old 11-06-10, 12:21 PM
kingof901s
Driver

I meannnnn u mind as well put a Type R sticker on your Lexus huh.....................

Quick Reply: Diamond Racing Wheels lol