GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII and your GS

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-11, 06:20 AM
Acidic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a Techstream version 4.something with my xhorse. Is anyone getting newer versions?
Old 07-19-11, 02:54 PM
98sleeper
Driver

I bought the bluetooth adapter and it perform flawlessly. Still amazed at how fast it's able to read the data and stream it to my phone. I'm looking for windows software now so i can really play with it on my laptop.
Old 12-30-11, 03:49 PM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
hehe, i found him....fixing to buy one it's $47 + $77.99 shipping lol
you said this will come with the hacked version of techstream right?

i wasnt even interested in this till i noticed/read you'll said you could change C-BEST features.

OCH if when i get this in, IF i have any ?'s can i give you a ring about it?
Just noticed this, the price dropped. He's selling it now for $27 + $18.79 shipping!!!!

Any other feedback on this cable & software?
Old 12-30-11, 04:09 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by YviE
Just noticed this, the price dropped. He's selling it now for $27 + $18.79 shipping!!!!

Any other feedback on this cable & software?
Dont buy it not worth it.
Old 12-30-11, 06:18 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

21.00 SHIPPED AMAZON

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I bought it works FLAWLESS with Torque Pro on my HP Touchpad.
Old 01-03-12, 06:48 AM
christodav
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought the x-Horse one for $65- including shipping. It comes with the ver.5 software I believe? I have discovered a website that allowed me to download the latest version 6. I too am running my little netbook on Win 7 64bit, so we will see how we go? I will most likely have to duel boot.
I love getting into this kinda stuff and getting it to work the way it should etc, however, I am just wanting to change some of my C-best settings. The only thing, apart from my operating system that i am concerned about, is the fact that I am in Japan and own an Aristo. I am not sure how the software deals with regions and vehicles from different parts of the world? We'll soon find out i guess?

(When I get the car back to Australia, I am planning on installing a car pc and running all sorts of goodies including some sensors from PLX to display boost etc on my car pc display screen. This should keep things very neat and tidy indeed.)

I will post my results once I have received the cable and have a go.

Chris

Last edited by christodav; 01-03-12 at 07:34 AM. Reason: new info
Old 01-03-12, 09:04 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Can you post up the website that lets you download the update please?

Originally Posted by christodav
I just bought the x-Horse one for $65- including shipping. It comes with the ver.5 software I believe? I have discovered a website that allowed me to download the latest version 6. I too am running my little netbook on Win 7 64bit, so we will see how we go? I will most likely have to duel boot.
I love getting into this kinda stuff and getting it to work the way it should etc, however, I am just wanting to change some of my C-best settings. The only thing, apart from my operating system that i am concerned about, is the fact that I am in Japan and own an Aristo. I am not sure how the software deals with regions and vehicles from different parts of the world? We'll soon find out i guess?

(When I get the car back to Australia, I am planning on installing a car pc and running all sorts of goodies including some sensors from PLX to display boost etc on my car pc display screen. This should keep things very neat and tidy indeed.)

I will post my results once I have received the cable and have a go.

Chris
Old 01-10-12, 11:45 PM
christodav
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, so here goes......

Last week I installed XP onto a seperate partition on my HDD. I got my cable in the mail today and only needed to load the driver as I had already installed Techstream 6.20.020.

The website I refered to earlier is here. http://mhhauto.com/index.php
You will have to sign up and the guy that runs it is really abrupt in his replies - so don't ask him anything. LOL The process of serial numbers etc is a little complicated, but doable.

Anyway, after installing the driver etc, I went out to the car and managed to change a few custom features do do with the door locks. It was easy and it worked!

I am having a program crash every 5mins or so, which seems to be random. I will play around some more and see what I can work out with this issue.

It is the cable driver that is not compatable with windows 7, so you really have no other option as far as I can see? My netbook is not grunty enough to run virtual machine so dual boot is my only option right now. The waiting between options is painfully slow, but i am not sure if this is my netbook or the cable or both? My main reason for using this cable was to change the locking options etc and it does it.

Chris
Old 01-11-12, 08:50 AM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Did you download techstream, can you pm me a link?
Old 01-11-12, 09:02 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Yes. This program is only good for obd2 and custom settings. It claims that you can check abs and other sub systems but it doesnt work. I dont have version 6.

Originally Posted by christodav
OK, so here goes......

Last week I installed XP onto a seperate partition on my HDD. I got my cable in the mail today and only needed to load the driver as I had already installed Techstream 6.20.020.

The website I refered to earlier is here. http://mhhauto.com/index.php
You will have to sign up and the guy that runs it is really abrupt in his replies - so don't ask him anything. LOL The process of serial numbers etc is a little complicated, but doable.

Anyway, after installing the driver etc, I went out to the car and managed to change a few custom features do do with the door locks. It was easy and it worked!

I am having a program crash every 5mins or so, which seems to be random. I will play around some more and see what I can work out with this issue.

It is the cable driver that is not compatable with windows 7, so you really have no other option as far as I can see? My netbook is not grunty enough to run virtual machine so dual boot is my only option right now. The waiting between options is painfully slow, but i am not sure if this is my netbook or the cable or both? My main reason for using this cable was to change the locking options etc and it does it.

Chris
Old 01-11-12, 03:30 PM
i ride
Rookie

Originally Posted by NEbiker10
21.00 SHIPPED AMAZON

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I bought it works FLAWLESS with Torque Pro on my HP Touchpad.
+1 it rocks. helped me fix my car without driving to autozone several times for code reads (or buying a $100 code reader)
Old 01-11-12, 06:49 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Mine doesn't do this now, I sorta want it to, didn't think it was even an option to do it.

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Customize settings like what? Can you disable automatic locking everytime the car the is in drive?
Old 01-11-12, 06:59 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Given a choice, look for a cable interface with a STN1110 on it. MUCH better than a ELM327.

Like comparing a 486DX266 to a Pentium4 Core2Duo....

And cheaper....