GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Recaro Seats for GS...Interested??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-02 | 02:37 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gs4will
yeah i vote for Ergo line, "Style" too....in Leather to match the back seat..it reminds me of those m and amg car seats...

car seat is like your bed..you spent good amt of time in them..so who wants to organize the group buy...or should i contact recaro...spartan..?
I totally agree...I think about how poorly the support in the OEM GS seat is ALL THE TIME.... I would expect that people who have coilovers, sways, stb's, etc. would REALLY notice how little side bolster support there is for your back/legs during semi-hard/hard cornering......
The "aftermarket" suspension mods for the GS put the car way out of the league of the stock seat......
Old 08-09-02 | 02:39 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

well you don't tell me what to say. Remember, I have much better feedback from my posts than you. Many times you just irritate.

If you have Tenzo R seats, I apologize. I'm also sorry that you like them.

The fact is, alot of people who drive Lexus don't know what is rice and what is nice. Even tho you KNOW you drive a Lexus, that doesn't stop you from being rice (not directed at you, unless you think there is a reason for me to.)

and dood, find where I said your car is rice. If you can't find it, ****.

Originally posted by CamRen
ok there is a nicer way to say things....

globe coulda easily said " youd be better off with a better brand of seats"..... something along those lines..

obviouly i know i own a LEXUS and not a honda.. do you guys have to keep repeating that... ? i think its obvious... it does say LEXUS in the back of my car.. couldnt be anymore obvious.

and i know how to treat my car.. i dont go around putting ghetoo/ricer/lowrider stuff on my car.... if i did.. my car would look something like this.
[/IMG]

Last edited by GlobeCLK; 08-09-02 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-09-02 | 02:43 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by tinygs
Someone di a little deeper on this...... Globe, any idea how much the seat on the far right (third) of the pics costs?????
Recaro STYLE seats, in all cloth should be around 600~650 each. 1/2 leather 1/2 cloth is 100~150 more. I think full leather ones are 900 the last time I checked. There are like heating and electronic packages also, around 300 dollars each.
Old 08-09-02 | 02:44 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

richie, thanks for the offer..

i will talk to Ethan tomorrow at the meet about starting a new GB on the seats...we need to know some initial pricing and # of interests first
Old 08-09-02 | 02:47 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

i will talk to Ethan tomorrow at the meet about starting a new GB on the seats...we need to know some initial pricing and # of interests first
Will, if the GB is a go and you want my help I'll see what I can do, I am close to the factory if you know what I mean .
Old 08-09-02 | 02:49 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Before anyone gets there hopes up, we HAVE TO know the minimum purchase required by Recaro before they will fabricate the brackets for the GS.........
Old 08-09-02 | 03:07 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by tinygs

Before anyone gets there hopes up, we HAVE TO know the minimum purchase required by Recaro before they will fabricate the brackets for the GS.........
They don't have brackets for GS? I thought they would, since there are GSs in Europe also.

Bride already has brackets for GS. Maybe they're the same? (I've heard that seat brackets are mostly universal.)
Old 08-09-02 | 03:11 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

They don't have brackets for GS? I thought they would, since there are GSs in Europe also.

Bride already has brackets for GS. Maybe they're the same? (I've heard that seat brackets are mostly universal.)
In europe you always get them with universal brackets, sometimes you can choose a bracket for a specific model.
Old 08-09-02 | 03:29 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

as a matter of fact yes i wanna add to that.

Well if you don't like thie forum ***** you're more than welcome to go hang out at civicworld.org or something (no offense to civic owners). I will tell anyone I know not to get Tenzo R seats because I've sat in them and they're totally *****ty quality. Why don't you tell people in real life that you want Tenzo R seats and let them laugh right into your face.

Dam man some Lexus people think they drive BMWs.

So you brought up Tenzo R seats just to give an idea of how they match with gray interior? SUUUURRRRRREEEE. So you brought up the cheap 300 dollar price tag and that matches the gray interior also? If you don't wanna take the flame, use gray Recaros .

Don't talk like a 2 year old. I will tell anyone that Tenzo R seats are bad quality and the famous Manaray quote "you drive a L not a H fix up accordingly" stuff. It's just that no one wants to even bring up Tenzo R seats in a GS. You're first (and probably last)

I never said your kit is fake. Why are you putting your foot in that shoe? Is there a reason why I should think your kit is fake? Could it be.......?

Anyways I can care less what your car looks like. I never mentioned that your car is ghetto or anything, unless you wanna think that way yourself (sad.)

At least my wheels are real. Dam get a grip kid.

Don't argue. Sounds retarded (I'm not saying you are. Unless you wanna think that way)

sorry everyone for snapping. But once in a while some people needs to be taught.
ok some people just dont get the point...

i didnt say i dont like THIS FORUM... all i said was i dont like the BS dat goes on... you would treat me and respect me in person alot more then u do on forums...... as i would do the same...... unless your a BIT*H in real lyfe too. which im sure your not???

for people who do know me in person .. (tiny, jacob,marcus,todd,garnet and others) they know that im not anything close to being a A*HOLE, i dunno what others have to say about u ...