GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ashtray din????

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-10, 11:24 AM
trinimoe
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ashtray din????

not sure if this was covered b4 but made a search and nothing came up....know i saw it done b4, just can't remember where....got a 01 gs300 with the navigation system in it and not trying to change it....does anyone know where ima get the ashtray din? trying to up grade my music a bit....
Old 11-14-10, 02:01 PM
phamxOC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ebay has the JDM din so u can leave a deck right there
Old 11-14-10, 02:02 PM
phamxOC
Lead Lap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-L...fAudioQ5fVideo
Old 11-14-10, 10:08 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

oh snap! $300 just for the mounting kit?! I've got a p800prs in place of tape unit mounted under the nav screen. paid$100 for a custom faceplate surround... might want to try this option.
Old 11-15-10, 12:50 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Screw that! Get some ABS plastic, removed ashtray 'door' and make one yourself for just a few bucks!
Old 11-15-10, 11:57 AM
trinimoe
Driver

phamxOC thanks for the link but $300 is way to much for a mounting kit....alex300 if its not to much to ask for, can u post a pic of the deck beneath the navi......Mr jokster thats gonna be my last option.....thanks
Old 11-17-10, 11:48 AM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

not to thread jake but is there really that much space behind there to place a single din headunit there
Old 11-17-10, 12:09 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by neojungle1
not to thread jake but is there really that much space behind there to place a single din headunit there
i COULDNT fit my half din DVD player behind there like i wanted to....or atleast the audio shop said they couldnt as i still wanted it to pop out like it normally would and they said it wouldnt fit.....although i still wonder if they were just to lazy to build it
Old 11-17-10, 01:48 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You already have a headunit or stock radio, get a equalizer in that spot. I know a perfect one that would fit.
Pioneer DEQ-9200, its a single din but only quarter length.

they don't make eq like these anymore. I would jump on these inna heartbeat if I have to redo my audio system.
Old 11-18-10, 10:43 PM
trinimoe
Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
i COULDNT fit my half din DVD player behind there like i wanted to....or atleast the audio shop said they couldnt as i still wanted it to pop out like it normally would and they said it wouldnt fit.....although i still wonder if they were just to lazy to build it
think they were too lazy because if this could fit anything could....loll

getting a head unit tomorrow from one of my friends gonna see what can be done.....
Old 11-18-10, 11:03 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by trinimoe
think they were too lazy because if this could fit anything could....loll

thats not necessarily true, while i do believe they were being to lazy to do it, without seeing the depth of that unit i dunno...plus as i said i wanted to keep the oem ashtray. so from outside it looked like a ashtray and inside was the dvd player....

just noticed this thing had a handbrake also....i knew it was a JDM aristo with the shifter on the other side but i didnt know they got handbrakes also, man we get left out on everything

Last edited by sakataj; 11-18-10 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-18-10, 11:14 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

not sure if this was covered b4 but made a search and nothing came up....know i saw it done b4, just can't remember where....got a 01 gs300 with the navigation system in it and not trying to change it....does anyone know where ima get the ashtray din? trying to up grade my music a bit....
I never really see any company that sells them for the ashtray, but I am sure you can get one custom made.

I had removed mine in place of my EQ (see image below). Just know that the unit will not sit flush.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Old 11-18-10, 11:17 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

^^^^ Looks very good!
Old 11-19-10, 12:38 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by spencedigg
You already have a headunit or stock radio, get a equalizer in that spot. I know a perfect one that would fit.
Pioneer DEQ-9200, its a single din but only quarter length.

they don't make eq like these anymore. I would jump on these inna heartbeat if I have to redo my audio system.
x's 2! That was my fave for the time! I'm just stuck here now with a pair of 31 band Audio Control EQT's

That is hideous and and an insult!

Originally Posted by sakataj
just noticed this thing had a handbrake also....i knew it was a JDM aristo with the shifter on the other side but i didnt know they got handbrakes also, man we get left out on everything
I'm sure the hand brake is just added, kits are available to convert. However, if that conversion is anywhere near as good as the audio insult, I mean install... I would NOT ride in that vehicle!
Old 11-19-10, 10:14 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I'm sure the hand brake is just added, kits are available to convert. However, if that conversion is anywhere near as good as the audio insult, I mean install... I would NOT ride in that vehicle!
i knew they could be added,i recall the sessions aristo also had one and i wasnt sure if they came there factory or not...

yeah that install isnt so cool....that blackwood is though

Quick Reply: ashtray din????