GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got my gs300!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-10, 11:20 PM
sikkwidit
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the fam, but damn never realized how much CL members hate honda's haha i had a Si b4 I got the GS but ne ways ur khaki integra looks familiar are u in the orange county area?
Old 11-15-10, 11:22 PM
EMOgs3
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sikkwidit
Welcome to the fam, but damn never realized how much CL members hate honda's haha i had a Si b4 I got the GS but ne ways ur khaki integra looks familiar are u in the orange county area?
haha, cars are cars. Iono why people hate hondas so much but whatevers. Yeah, im in oc.
Old 11-16-10, 07:04 AM
Dons98GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice upgrade to the gs3. But your old hondas were nice though. They look very clean . Some hondas have bad rep because of the horrible things people do to them. What makes me mad is that some people blame the the car itself. Dont blame the car blame the PERSON for putting dumb thing on the car. Sorry had to vent lol, but you have a good car & I can tell youll take car of it

Last edited by Dons98GS; 11-16-10 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-16-10, 08:53 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by EMOgs3
haha v8 would be nice but im a broke college student
the v8 could be had for the same price just have to shop a little

Originally Posted by EMOgs3
Iono why people hate hondas so much but whatevers.
most of us....or atleast myself dont hate honda owners i hate what owning a honda became after movies such as F&F came out.it was great to put a limelight to our lifestyle but it became what every other scene becomes, over run with morons who take away from the scene.
i hated the crappy,cheap, rip off parts that came with it, destroying GOOD quality parts because they couldnt afford to protect their actual part from the ebay stealers.....the clear tails, the light up EVERYTHING,the guys who EVERY redlight you came to wanted to race or rev their exhaust at you because you had a fixed up car. i hated the hassle we started getting from the police because of this crowd that came in....i mean i never raced i cruised but everywhere you went it was some annoying a-hole with his mazda mx6 with a exhaust on it the size of my whole turbo and stuff like that...they took the style/taste out of modding and added every APC part to say "hey man im modded!"

they slowly starting to move over here also, which is part of the reason alot of the OG's are moving away from the 2nd gen gs platform now and part of the reason i feel i will find myself in a 2007-2010 LS soon...
Old 11-16-10, 09:28 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

^ Beat you to the LS, Brian! Haha.
Old 11-16-10, 10:00 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by shvc1991
^ Beat you to the LS, Brian! Haha.
i dunno though, i may not be gone just yet....(im sure some of you were hoping) since i DID just pay my deposit on the new PPE headers for the V8, bought FIGS RCA's,bought FIGS mega arms, buying FIGS toe links, bought a LS400 BBK,bought my newest set of g35's, buying chris's megan coilovers, installing my daizen control arm bushings, installing my tranny remote mount filter/cooler, working out a deal for a S.C.,just had my RE AUDIO XXX 12" rebuilt,replaced power steering pulley/pump (only needed the pulley but got as a hell of a package deal) and car is going to lexus this coming up week to have seat looked at since im still waiting on parts

so im interested in leaving but i REALLY do love my gs and im not gone yet...
Old 11-16-10, 10:42 AM
importhope
Lead Lap

HATE. HATE. HATE. lol

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
i wouldnt call my GS an upgrade from any other car I have owned. My 550HP turbo civic that runs 10's is not in the same class as a GS. My 97 GTR V-spec is not in the same class either. Maybe my 05 G35, but i think they are different.

/end of hijack.
Old 11-16-10, 11:10 AM
EMOgs3
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sakataj
the v8 could be had for the same price just have to shop a little

most of us....or atleast myself dont hate honda owners i hate what owning a honda became after movies such as F&F came out.it was great to put a limelight to our lifestyle but it became what every other scene becomes, over run with morons who take away from the scene.
i hated the crappy,cheap, rip off parts that came with it, destroying GOOD quality parts because they couldnt afford to protect their actual part from the ebay stealers.....the clear tails, the light up EVERYTHING,the guys who EVERY redlight you came to wanted to race or rev their exhaust at you because you had a fixed up car. i hated the hassle we started getting from the police because of this crowd that came in....i mean i never raced i cruised but everywhere you went it was some annoying a-hole with his mazda mx6 with a exhaust on it the size of my whole turbo and stuff like that...they took the style/taste out of modding and added every APC part to say "hey man im modded!"

they slowly starting to move over here also, which is part of the reason alot of the OG's are moving away from the 2nd gen gs platform now and part of the reason i feel i will find myself in a 2007-2010 LS soon...
Yeah, i would of got a v8 too but i got this gs for dirt cheap!

What you speak is very true

Originally Posted by Dons98GS
Nice upgrade to the gs3. But your old hondas were nice though. They look very clean . Some hondas have bad rep because of the horrible things people do to them. What makes me mad is that some people blame the the car itself. Dont blame the car blame the PERSON for putting dumb thing on the car. Sorry had to vent lol, but you have a good car & I can tell youll take car of it
thanks man!
Old 11-16-10, 07:13 PM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
i dunno though, i may not be gone just yet....(im sure some of you were hoping) since i DID just pay my deposit on the new PPE headers for the V8, bought FIGS RCA's,bought FIGS mega arms, buying FIGS toe links, bought a LS400 BBK,bought my newest set of g35's, buying chris's megan coilovers, installing my daizen control arm bushings, installing my tranny remote mount filter/cooler, working out a deal for a S.C.,just had my RE AUDIO XXX 12" rebuilt,replaced power steering pulley/pump (only needed the pulley but got as a hell of a package deal) and car is going to lexus this coming up week to have seat looked at since im still waiting on parts

so im interested in leaving but i REALLY do love my gs and im not gone yet...
Love my GS too... That's why I kept it and got rid of the Bimmer for the LS
Old 11-16-10, 07:16 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by shvc1991
Love my GS too... That's why I kept it and got rid of the Bimmer for the LS
Good man.