GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexus L-tuned springs - need help to order

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-10, 08:54 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Lexus L-tuned springs - need help to order

I have been hesitate either to lower my car or not. Finally I'm ready to order L-tuned springs from sewellpartsonline.com. But the lexus L-tuned Springs set for my 2000 GS400 has been discontinued.

Is there anyone here who can help me get those items? maybe contact sewellparts?? The price from sewelpartsonline is really good so I'm kinda hope to get these with the same price. Please help!!
Old 12-14-10, 02:04 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Well if they're discontinued... They're discontinued, cant get any help with that.

Best thing to do is post a WTB in the classifieds and hope that someones has some. I've seen some for sale before, have you searched through the classifieds to see if there may be some available right now?
Old 12-14-10, 05:57 AM
smardav
Lead Lap

Yup.. Nothing is on the market at the moment.. I'm kinda wish sewellparts still have one or two in stock..
Old 12-14-10, 06:09 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smardav
Yup.. Nothing is on the market at the moment.. I'm kinda wish sewellparts still have one or two in stock..
They did have a set up until last week that they were blowing out on clearance... oh well...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-spoilers.html
Old 12-14-10, 07:34 AM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Chin
They did have a set up until last week that they were blowing out on clearance... oh well...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-spoilers.html
Thanks chin. I have pm'ed sewell and they said they have sold the last stock. dang! Now I'm stuck with no springs..
Old 12-14-10, 07:46 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm stuck with no springs..
buy COILOVERS now then
Old 12-14-10, 07:49 AM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
buy COILOVERS now then
Nice thought.. lol. Any suggestions on which one gives the feel like stock suspension?
Old 12-14-10, 08:45 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Eibach, H&R, Tanabe NF210, etc. will all give you a minimal drop with little to no harshness.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...d-threads.html
Old 12-14-10, 11:30 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Nice thought.. lol. Any suggestions on which one gives the feel like stock suspension?
Search man!

Lots of people went with Tein CS since those are the closest to riding stock. Since you wanted to go with L-Tuned i'm assuming you don't want to slam your car. The Tein CS won't slam your car so they should be perfect for you!

IMO. I'd go with BC racing and just opt for lower spring rates. I loved my BC racing coils and they'r about half the price of Tein CS. Goodluck!
Old 12-14-10, 12:09 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Search man!

Lots of people went with Tein CS since those are the closest to riding stock. Since you wanted to go with L-Tuned i'm assuming you don't want to slam your car. The Tein CS won't slam your car so they should be perfect for you!

IMO. I'd go with BC racing and just opt for lower spring rates. I loved my BC racing coils and they'r about half the price of Tein CS. Goodluck!
shenanigans tim....closest riding to stock would be HKS LS but they discontinued,tein are JUNK IMHO. Me personally im going with megans with a 10k/12k spring rating (due to all the extra weight in my car)
Old 12-14-10, 02:33 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ZippyGuy
Eibach, H&R, Tanabe NF210, etc. will all give you a minimal drop with little to no harshness.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...d-threads.html

Yeah I'm kinda looking into Tanabe NF210 if I can't get the L-tuned springs.thanks for the link btw..

Originally Posted by sakataj
shenanigans tim....closest riding to stock would be HKS LS but they discontinued,tein are JUNK IMHO. Me personally im going with megans with a 10k/12k spring rating (due to all the extra weight in my car)
Thanks for ur infos. I will think it over..
Old 12-14-10, 02:34 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Search man!

Thanks for your info..
Old 12-14-10, 04:01 PM
sitinon20s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck, ive been looking for like 2 years! I also want a good drop for 18's but on a stock strut/shock but i dont know if the tanabe DF is going to have a stock feel or will blow my stock struts out or not
Old 12-14-10, 05:47 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sitinon20s
Good Luck, ive been looking for like 2 years! I also want a good drop for 18's but on a stock strut/shock but i dont know if the tanabe DF is going to have a stock feel or will blow my stock struts out or not

Tanabe df210 will give quite a drop. The nf210 otherwise will give less drop n the stock feel. I might personally will go with nf210 if i can't find l-tuned set..
Old 12-14-10, 07:51 PM
98GS400GUY
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

L-tuned are made by Eibach, 1'' front and 1'' rear drop. I'm currently on stock struts and I love my Eibach Pro Kit. Nice ride, looks better, handles better. $245 at Tire Rack, eventually might get KYB GR-2 struts.

Quick Reply: Lexus L-tuned springs - need help to order