GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Christmas Present For Our Gs

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-11, 12:58 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Overkill on your car or wallet?
Old 01-06-11, 01:00 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=sakataj;6044228]she does deserve better wheels but i LIKE the G35'S. they functional for all my needs lightweight,clear a BBK, can look good,and cheap....i have NEVER liked the idea of spending 4-5k on rims TO ME, its a waste.although i have always wanted some fabulous profounds so we'll c. QUOTE]

I'm with you, I love nice wheels, I had a set of used Volks on my red SC, they look awesome and i always wanted a set of expensive wheels, but once i was rolling around on them, all i did was worry about bending/curbing them, potholes became even a bigger nightmare..

when wheels are almost 1k each or higher, i just can't justify daily driving on them.. I don't have that kind of $$..

which G wheels are you riding on sakataj? I'd like to pick up a set of bigger rims without breaking the bank myself.

------------------------

on topic, my GS was my Christmas present, so far i just fixed a couple minor things, interior lighting and such.. Also ordered a few recommended items from VLEDs
and probably going to order a CCFL to do my license plate light.. Considering ordering some LED tails with the smoked bottom to match the car, but the red and clear kind of give it more of a clean oem look..

Last edited by aka paco; 01-06-11 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-06-11, 01:20 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm with you, I love nice wheels, I had a set of used Volks on my red SC, they look awesome and i always wanted a set of expensive wheels, but once i was rolling around on them, all i did was worry about bending/curbing them, potholes became even a bigger nightmare..

when wheels are almost 1k each or higher, i just can't justify daily driving on them.. I don't have that kind of $$..

which G wheels are you riding on sakataj? I'd like to pick up a set of bigger rims without breaking the bank myself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats how i am....i see to many people spend $$$$ on rims and if thats your thing cool than but its not for me. i havent ever curbed a wheel (knock on wood) but we have crazy potholes here and i cant see justifying spending that $ on them and they get damaged. if i bust a g35 **** it, i go buy another one. the set i have are the g35 19's by rays

i have owned several sets of them but never stuck with them till now....i got the last set for $150 for all four only issue was one was a 19x8.5 and 3 were 19x8 (yes truthfully i would prefer all 4 to be 19x8.5) but i wont do the staggered thing either cause i wanna do true rotations. i sold the 19x8.5 recently for 125 i think it was. im currently trying to buy 2 more 19x8's to complete my set AND have a full sized spare to fit over my LS400's.

it took me awhile to find that good price but im patient so no biggie. i pop into myg35driver.com about once every 2 weeks and check...oh i got 2 PM's there bout 2 wheels so let me check those (damn no dice just people wanting to ask me how much i wanna spend on 2....just give me a price people and we'll go from there)

anyways here are some pics of the set i got for $150....im gonna get them powdercoated locally for $45 or $65 i forgot which. the last pic is the one i sold

Old 01-06-11, 01:26 PM
musabbari
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would get led headlights
Old 01-06-11, 01:36 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by musabbari
i would get led headlights
this isnt a wish list....this is a thread for people to post what they got their gs for christmas.as you can see my christmas was all about my gs, im not even done listing my parts yet. just waiting to get them
Old 01-06-11, 03:01 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
I would say the car lol. Brian has a green tree in the backyard.
Old 01-06-11, 03:48 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i need a battery charger to man last one died
$35 at Sears.
Old 01-07-11, 09:18 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSteg
oops henry i didnt even see this, yeah on both. nah the car really. i got a good price as i bought the last of all of his MOTO equipment and since i bought them all together i got a lot pricing.

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
I would say the car lol. Brian has a green tree in the backyard.
i wish i did, although it does seem this way doesnt it john? truth is i work 2 jobs about 75 hours a week, im not married and i have no kids so i have money to burn sometimes

Originally Posted by DarKnight
$35 at Sears.
.....sadly no time to run to sears

here's another item that came in, my custom RE box made from a company called fatboxusa that RE AUDIO really recommends for their subs and no they dont own this other company. my last box was tuned to about 38htz thus helping fry out my sub, so sub has been rebuilt, new box made and my new trunk enclosure will commence soon. this box is uber thick no more wood cracking....double bracing and tuned to 32hz STILL waiting on more parts though

Old 01-07-11, 10:00 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dayum Brian, your having a great Christmas! That box is tight!
Old 01-07-11, 10:00 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Do you get paid over time?
Old 01-07-11, 10:03 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

here's my Christmas presents installed... Psst psst
AIR and LEDs
Old 01-07-11, 10:13 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by geeznuts
Dayum Brian, your having a great Christmas! That box is tight!
yeah i told ya, ALL my presents were car related thanks im hoping it does what i want

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Do you get paid over time?
of course i do and i make decent money at both jobs

Originally Posted by geeznuts

here's my Christmas presents installed... Psst psst
AIR and LEDs
very,very nice....you just might make me spend some $ on those fabulous profounds
Old 01-07-11, 10:32 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Car looks great! ^^ Merry Christmas!
Old 01-07-11, 01:02 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a great deal on those G wheels! I think Tint is next on my list, trying to decide between 20% and 35% normally i do 20, but with the black interior and dark colored car i'm wondering if i'm asking for a ticket going that dark..

my SC had 15% tint with a 35% tinted windshield lol
Old 01-07-11, 01:15 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aka paco
That's a great deal on those G wheels! I think Tint is next on my list, trying to decide between 20% and 35% normally i do 20, but with the black interior and dark colored car i'm wondering if i'm asking for a ticket going that dark..

my SC had 15% tint with a 35% tinted windshield lol
Thats dark! Especially with a 35% windshield. How did you see at night? Night vision goggles?

Quick Reply: Christmas Present For Our Gs