GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Interior Paint Code ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-11, 10:44 PM
vscalais
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Interior Paint Code ??

I wiped what I thought was a stain in front of the ashtray (i.e. the recess below the ashtray) with some metholated spirits, and here is the result. Yuk!

Does anyone know the interior paint code? It looks to be a pewter dark grey metallic colour, and extends around the chrome gearchange bezel.

Help please.
Attached Thumbnails Interior Paint Code ??-stain-below-ashtray.jpg   Interior Paint Code ??-stain-below-ashtray_2.jpg  

Last edited by vscalais; 01-04-11 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-04-11, 08:32 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

just buy a new or used console piece....that WHOLE piece is replaceable. it separates from the actual wood console part....will work from ANY model GS LHD OR RHD

i just bought a 98 model one to get that black piece as i cut mine for a project and im not feeling it anymore

BTW i been meaning to ask you....is that pic ACTUALLY you in your profile pic?
Old 01-04-11, 02:19 PM
vscalais
Pole Position

Re: BTW i been meaning to ask you....is that pic ACTUALLY you in your profile pic?

Yep - that's me in the flesh. Taken at a "Men in Black" Christmas party a couple of years ago. Do I look familiar?
Old 01-04-11, 04:13 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats looks nasty! Only solution is to either change out the console, or to have someone paint it.
Old 01-04-11, 05:49 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
just buy a new or used console piece....that WHOLE piece is replaceable. it separates from the actual wood console part....will work from ANY model GS LHD OR RHD

i just bought a 98 model one to get that black piece as i cut mine for a project and im not feeling it anymore

BTW i been meaning to ask you....is that pic ACTUALLY you in your profile pic?
Dont know about your car bro, but my shifter is on the left side with the cup holder on the right.

David: You could remove it and tape off just that front part effected, sand it down and paint it the slightly different color and the different color it shouldnt be seen since its in the shadows down there. Heck, even black might work I say take the piece in to the hardware store and match to the rattle can caps

doubt you're gonna find an actual paint code for it though.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 01-04-11 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-04-11, 09:57 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a SEM color very close to stock. let me see if i can find it.
Old 01-04-11, 10:13 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SEM 39263 Dark Titanium Metallic if my memory serves me right.
Old 01-04-11, 11:13 PM
vscalais
Pole Position

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately we don't have the SEM bumper color range in Australia, but your info gives me a great starting point. Cheers all.
Old 01-05-11, 01:05 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vscalais
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately we don't have the SEM bumper color range in Australia, but your info gives me a great starting point. Cheers all.
Hey, if you find something in the states that I can get for you, let me know and we can do what we did with the tape Flat rate postal to Australia is not too bad and much better than what sellers charge online
Old 01-05-11, 12:55 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Thats looks nasty! Only solution is to either change out the console, or to have someone paint it.
no need tyo change out the whole console you can change out JUST the black piece as i said i just bought a console to do exactly that...

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Dont know about your car bro, but my shifter is on the left side with the cup holder on the right.
thats TRUE but Nathaniel if u undo the cup holder the shifter will also fit perfectly on the other side and you can screw the cup holder in on the opposite side. i think....

EDIT: I WAS WRONG BUT IF U CAN FIND A RHD ONE U CAN CHANGE JUST BLACK PIECE....maybe the dealer sells just that or you can get it from a JDM junkyard?

see here i seperated the black piece and the console, not the best pic but you get the idea

Last edited by sakataj; 01-05-11 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-05-11, 01:01 PM
poppyseed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster

David: You could remove it and tape off just that front part effected, sand it down and paint it the slightly different color and the different color it shouldnt be seen since its in the shadows down there. Heck, even black might work I say take the piece in to the hardware store and match to the rattle can caps

doubt you're gonna find an actual paint code for it though.
how come the steering wheel is on the right side?
Old 01-05-11, 04:01 PM
vscalais
Pole Position

Originally Posted by poppyseed
how come the steering wheel is on the right side?
See - we have it correct down under. The shifter and the steering wheel are on the right side - as opposed to the wrong (left) side. Haha.
Old 01-05-11, 04:03 PM
vscalais
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
no need tyo change out the whole console you can change out JUST the black piece as i said i just bought a console to do exactly that...

thats TRUE but Nathaniel if u undo the cup holder the shifter will also fit perfectly on the other side and you can screw the cup holder in on the opposite side. i think....

EDIT: I WAS WRONG BUT IF U CAN FIND A RHD ONE U CAN CHANGE JUST BLACK PIECE....maybe the dealer sells just that or you can get it from a JDM junkyard?

see here i seperated the black piece and the console, not the best pic but you get the idea

I think it is going to be easier to repaint. There are very few Lexus wrecking yards in Australia.

That's why I buy my parts from the USA.
Old 01-05-11, 04:14 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See - we have it correct down under. The shifter and the steering wheel are on the right side - as opposed to the wrong (left) side. Haha.
Lol Toooo funny
Old 01-05-11, 09:29 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

No everything is backwards down there... even your toilets flush to the right instead of the left

See you guys are under (as you said) so you're all just a reflection of whats above you which is correct

Quick Reply: Interior Paint Code ??