GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Regretting Daizen Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 01:10 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Bumping this. So is there anybody that DOES like their control arm bushings?
I do! I have the whole kit installed at the front except for the upper control arms since I'm using the SPC arms. I drove half way across country with this setup and couldn't be happier. My passenger is one of those people that are really sensitive to bumps and ride harshness and he couldn't even tell that the car was lowered and had polyurethane bushings installed.
Old 02-03-11, 01:34 PM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent0024
I do! I have the whole kit installed at the front except for the upper control arms since I'm using the SPC arms. I drove half way across country with this setup and couldn't be happier. My passenger is one of those people that are really sensitive to bumps and ride harshness and he couldn't even tell that the car was lowered and had polyurethane bushings installed.
Yes, but where you live, is the temperature 20 degrees Fahrenheit outside, with the cold weather making these rock hard bushings even MORE frozen rock hard and are your roads infiltrated with craters and pot holes from snow and road salt like most are on the east coast and raised bridge joints so that every time you hit an imperfection your spine jars and a loud thud resonates throughout the cabin? These are the Daizen bushings that i have gotten used to over the past 2 months, added with recent squeaking that sounds like worn out springs on an old mattress.
Old 02-03-11, 01:45 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I had no squeaking when I had just the caster bushings. I live in socal so it's generally warm. When I took my car to Las Vegas a few years ago (temp was 32F at the time), the Daizen bushings squeaked like crazy. Before anyone says anything, yes I do know how to grease the bushings. The problem is that there is only a finite amount of grease the bushings can hold before it just splurges out. I even went as far as putting the metal sleeves onto a lathe to create a groove for the grease to stay in, but still it squeaked although not as bad.

You're going to have a hard time finding someone who only changed the UCA and LCA bushings but not the caster. After all, the caster bushing is the prime steak of the kit. Those who bought the kit are most likely trying to fix the caster first.
Old 02-03-11, 02:10 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
I had no squeaking when I had just the caster bushings. I live in socal so it's generally warm. When I took my car to Las Vegas a few years ago (temp was 32F at the time), the Daizen bushings squeaked like crazy. Before anyone says anything, yes I do know how to grease the bushings. The problem is that there is only a finite amount of grease the bushings can hold before it just splurges out. I even went as far as putting the metal sleeves onto a lathe to create a groove for the grease to stay in, but still it squeaked although not as bad.

You're going to have a hard time finding someone who only changed the UCA and LCA bushings but not the caster. After all, the caster bushing is the prime steak of the kit. Those who bought the kit are most likely trying to fix the caster first.
Exactly. I'm just trying to figure out if there will be any benefit for me do install my UCA and LCA bushings with the Daizen kit. I already have replaced the Caster arm bushings, but i really don't want to go through all the trouble of replacing the UCA and LCA bushings(Up to 8 hours of work) if there is not guna be any benefit from it and only cause future headaches in the future. If there is a big difference in performance than i'm all for it. But if it's not big enough for me to make the change then it's not worth it too me.
Old 02-03-11, 02:10 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

I used to live in Dallas where it's very different from California although nothing like what you've mentioned. I do understand your point though.
Originally Posted by milellie11
Yes, but where you live, is the temperature 20 degrees Fahrenheit outside, with the cold weather making these rock hard bushings even MORE frozen rock hard and are your roads infiltrated with craters and pot holes from snow and road salt like most are on the east coast and raised bridge joints so that every time you hit an imperfection your spine jars and a loud thud resonates throughout the cabin? These are the Daizen bushings that i have gotten used to over the past 2 months, added with recent squeaking that sounds like worn out springs on an old mattress.