GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need help, GS430 or M3

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-02, 10:08 AM
aldo23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, GS430 or M3

ok, as of right now I have a 02'TL type S, plenty of engine work giving me 305hps, springs, body kit, system, 19's BR5, proxie tires, 6k bulbs, I pretty much have everything I want. But the car is making noises (rattle), anyways, I want a car that sounds like Im in heaven, a feel like no other. As a kid I always wanted a GS, now i want one, so this is where u guys come in, is the 430 the car to get?? Or do I go for the M3, or even a benz(-48K). I need real good info, unbias.

Should I just wait for the next model???

And just for the hell of it, does any1 here have any good sources on where to buy a Lexus(perferably in miami, but i dont care)??

I'll appreciate any help..

ThankS...
Old 08-11-02, 10:24 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

I would reccomend that you go to JM Lexus in Margate FL. You can also check out their web site. Thats were I got my car. They are very professional and thorough.
Let me know how your experience goes.
Good Luck!
Old 08-11-02, 10:59 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,598 Posts

You have an '02 car with extensive mods and want to trade it in already? I think you should just take the 'GS430 or M3' out of the thread title.
Old 08-11-02, 11:03 AM
sirsomo
Pole Position

The GS is very different than the M3, just depends on what you're looking for. The Lexus will give you much more space and comfort and often better service and reliability. The M3 is a very good sports car, is very fast and handles well. You need to decide which way to go. Both cars have a pretty good aftermarket selection if you wanted to mod it. As far as "sounds like heaven and feels like no other" stock GSs are very quiet and have a soft suspension.
Old 08-11-02, 11:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hey finally you are here huh? welcome man.

anyway, i think the 430 and m3 are two very very different cars, it's like coparing apple to orange. the m3 is super fast (where the gs430 is simply no match in speed and handling), but the 430 is very comfortable and plenty of luxury. imho i think you will have more room to mod the 430 with than the m3 though, coz' you have put so much on your type s. i have both the type s and the 400 and i love them

however, keep in mind though, i admit that lexus and bimmer are higher quality vehicles, but rattles are still there. my gs400 is dead quiet, but dash rattles and sunroof rattles are still there soetimes. i got couple friends with the new m3 and they have good amount of noise too....... i strongly believe when cars nowadays are getting so complicated, you can hardly find a perfect one now.....

but good luck with both cars. and btw, if you get a lexus, plan to spend way more on the gs430 than on the tl type s. parts for gs is lots more expensive. your tl sways are like 300 a set, but the ones for gs? plan on 500 at least
Old 08-11-02, 01:19 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally posted by bitkahuna
You have an '02 car with extensive mods and want to trade it in already? I think you should just take the 'GS430 or M3' out of the thread title.
Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Go Bit! That was great, man!

Seriously though, I was thinking the exact same thing.

PS- I like your new avatar.

Last edited by SecPole14; 08-11-02 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-11-02, 01:46 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
... Go Bit! That was great, man!

Seriously though, I was thinking the exact same thing.

PS- I like your new avatar.
Hehe, thanks. I hope people don't think the new avatar is a picture of me!
Old 08-11-02, 03:15 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Wink GS or M3

Hey dude
You can't go wrong either way. Jus like the guys befroe me said, both are different cars. I have them both
02 M3 SMG & GS4. More people ask me about my GS & it's more comforatble to drive on cruises & use as a daily driver. But the M3 rocks all the time. Total Performance
If ya always wanted a GS then diffinately get one. The first time I saw a GS blast pass me on the turnpike I was trying to keep up with it just to take a good look at it. (I was driving a minivan at the time) If ya asked me what car I would keep?

I would have to give the nod to the GS cus of the TOTAL exp. (Power,Luxury,my MODS,Dealer exp.Club Lex,) Don't get me wrong I love my M3, but it's not the same at all! Alot of people give me dirty looks when I drive my M3 (Haters). But I just blow by them laughin Yeah do the right thang & do the Lexus thing. You just gotta exp. the GS & later if you change yur mind trade it in & get the M3.
Jus my 2 cents

Paul
Old 08-11-02, 04:15 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bitkahuna
You have an '02 car with extensive mods and want to trade it in already?
My recommendation would be to get Acura to fix the rattles in your TL and stick with that!
Old 08-11-02, 05:11 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

It sounds as if you have a great deal of discretionary cash (or very indulgent parents, same thing) to throw around. That being the likely case, just get both. Some days you'll want to drive one, some days the other. For that matter, better get an H2 for the days when the weather is a bit inclement. Those three should cover most of your transportation needs. And for economical but supercar level performance, just take the Hayabusa out for a little fling.
Old 08-11-02, 05:23 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool

Get a GS430. Go to County Line Lexus in Miami.
Old 08-11-02, 05:31 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by mooretorque
It sounds as if you have a great deal of discretionary cash (or very indulgent parents, same thing) to throw around. That being the likely case, just get both. Some days you'll want to drive one, some days the other. For that matter, better get an H2 for the days when the weather is a bit inclement. Those three should cover most of your transportation needs. And for economical but supercar level performance, just take the Hayabusa out for a little fling.
Mmmmmmm...Hayabusa ...He should get a good life insurance plan while he's at it.
Old 08-11-02, 07:50 PM
LexFather

I think I told the dude to come here from A-Tl.com. Search is hard cause M3 is not 3 letters. I told him to come here cause we could help more.
Old 08-11-02, 08:39 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Like people have already said, do you want speed, or do you want speed and space?

Both cars give good speed, but 333HP compared to 300HP plus the weight difference is pretty large.

Both cars are luxuriouse. The GS is definetly more luxurious, but the M is no Camry. The features it lacks are the features that the GS has.

If reliability is a factor, then you may want to look at the GS. The GS is said to be more reliable than any BMW, even the M series.

BTW: i have seen a few CL Type-S on the road, and whenever im in back of them, their exhausts bounce like crazy. Ive never noticed that on any other car.
Do you know why they do that?
Old 08-11-02, 09:02 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

GS all the way! or M5 not M3 If you have kids and a wife I would get the four door! or you will wish you did later down the road.

Quick Reply: Need help, GS430 or M3