GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I need ideas for a custom interior. Please input

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-11, 01:07 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need ideas for a custom interior. Please input

Hey guys, I have put this off far enough. As some as you may know, I did the stupid mistake of cleaning my leather seats with soap( I read a thread here) My interior is pretty messed up and my seats look terrible. So I am now thinking of changing up the seats and other things. So far I am set on doing a black swap, but I ask myself, why go with the flow?

So here is my first question. Has anyone wrapped or dyed their dash? I can't get over the two tone of my dash. It would make more sense to buy a black dash, but again I don't want to go with the flow. How well does dye hold up? What is everyone's opinion on suede?

Second, I am going to get new two tone leather seats. I am debating on making it 2 tone leather, or doing suede leather inserts. How well does suede hold up? Would I be better off just using regular leather for the inserts? I am quite careless and I beat my things pretty bad, so the more resistant, the better.

3rd. And this I have wondered alot. I have wanted white interior for a long time. What are everyones thoughts on this? I had in mind white seats, white carpet, and then contrasting it with black. Maybe black inserts in the seats, and a black dash.. So many ideas lol!

It's 3 in the morning and I am pondering what to do, advice!
Old 01-17-11, 01:46 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm not sure black would go with the color of the car I like the white idea, but not for a DD. Gonna be a biatch to keep clean.
Old 01-17-11, 02:21 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think black would go well with your exterior color. Suede will last atleast as long as leather. My GS has cloth/suede seats (same as the Aristos). They still look like new.

I have been thinking of redoing my interior. I would definitely go with leather/suede seats. I feel that full leather seats are less confortable, sticky in summer, cold in winter and you slide during hard cornering.

For the dash, I'd wrap it in leather or suede. Or just swap it out for a black one.
Old 01-17-11, 03:19 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Oh forgot... as for the dye. Theres a guy in the SC section who did a full interior dyeing and I asked a lot of questions. You can find the write up if you search. Its a good dye and doesnt color transfer either. Its professional grade dye.
Old 01-17-11, 03:44 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think a full black interior or gray interior would look good with your color, I also like the suede/leather combo as well.

White sounds horrible, it would probably look nice, but be so hard to keep clean it would just look filthy all of the time.. thats like a show car only thing IMO, and you said you where hard on your car and careless lol..

What kind of soap did you use on your leather?? the seats or on the door panels?
I've always heard a little soapy water was good to clean your seats off with before using a leather conditioner..
Old 01-17-11, 07:18 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

How bad was the damage? Pics?
Old 01-17-11, 07:39 AM
SoloKaMGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Envy u seen my interior ? Ship it to florida and get it done here. its cheaper pm me.
Old 01-17-11, 08:04 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you FU*@&King serious LMFAO
Old 01-17-11, 09:26 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
How bad was the damage? Pics?

Originally Posted by handoverfi
are you FU*@&King serious LMFAO
WHo are you talking to?
Originally Posted by SoloKaMGS
Envy u seen my interior ? Ship it to florida and get it done here. its cheaper pm me.
Man, you know I've seen your interior! It's pretty sick, although shipping twice might come out to about the same. Ill PM you

Originally Posted by aka paco
I think a full black interior or gray interior would look good with your color, I also like the suede/leather combo as well.

White sounds horrible, it would probably look nice, but be so hard to keep clean it would just look filthy all of the time.. thats like a show car only thing IMO, and you said you where hard on your car and careless lol..

What kind of soap did you use on your leather?? the seats or on the door panels?
I've always heard a little soapy water was good to clean your seats off with before using a leather conditioner..
I used a bar of dove soap. I even chose extra moisturizing I was excited to see brown residue was coming out, just to find out it was the dye

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I'm not sure black would go with the color of the car I like the white idea, but not for a DD. Gonna be a biatch to keep clean.
I love the way white looks. My cousin has an S-type with white interior, and it's pretty sexy
Old 01-17-11, 09:31 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

The damage is pretty bad. You can tell how some area of the seat is light green, and other are a light pink, while other areas are tan I felt so stupid after doing that, and I've held off long enough! The seats look dirty, but its because of the "color change". Ok ok, they might be a bit dirty
Attached Thumbnails I need ideas for a custom interior. Please input-imag0373.jpg   I need ideas for a custom interior. Please input-imag0374.jpg   I need ideas for a custom interior. Please input-imag0375.jpg  
Old 01-17-11, 09:44 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

it looks like you took a crap on those seats and rubbed it in and i told you before just use regular leather cleaner!
Old 01-17-11, 10:14 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

its alright man. mistakes do happen. if i were you i would just get some replacement leathers from leatherseats.com or something like that.
Old 01-17-11, 10:21 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Ever thought of a cheaper alternative? Get Clazzio seat covers from our vendor. "RMSJeff" is his SN i believe. There are some write ups too if you search.
Old 01-17-11, 10:36 AM
CreditDept
Driver School Candidate

one word. IPAD
Old 01-17-11, 12:09 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

One of my favorites from another thread - Wookie.

Quick Reply: I need ideas for a custom interior. Please input