GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Explosion Kit on procarparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-02, 07:33 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To bad I couldn't meet most of the members but hopefully we'll meet up at the next meet. I wanted to put a face to RacingAristo and GlobeCLK but hopefully next time. The only new member I met was LexusLord but it was good seeing gs4Will again.

As for the quality, it's the same thickness as the veilside hood and front bumper that was on display or for sale. I went around and saw all the kits and saw the thickness of it so that's how I knew the quality was as good. I have never seen a REAL kit from japan before until the Carson meet but I was glad to see the Explosion kit was well made compared to the rest of the kits.

As for Manaray, hopefully this post will be long gone before he's back. LOL

Last edited by cong28; 08-12-02 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-12-02, 07:59 PM
RacingAristo

Don't worry. I already PM this URL to manaray and asked him be sure to check this! LOL.

Too bad I didn't meet most of you. That's really ashame. Next time we should put name tags on both car and people so we all know who we are.

next time.
Old 08-12-02, 08:00 PM
RacingAristo

cong28,

Glad you like your kit. If you didn't say it's not real Explosion, even I couldn't tell.
Old 08-12-02, 08:17 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Don't worry. I already PM this URL to manaray and asked him be sure to check this! LOL.
Now I will definitly hear it from Manaray, it's already been bad hearing from you guys...hahaha

As long as I like the kit and that nobody else can notice, then it's all good. But I'm not ashamed to tell people I've bought a replica

Last edited by cong28; 08-12-02 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-12-02, 09:27 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by cong28
To bad I couldn't meet most of the members but hopefully we'll meet up at the next meet. I wanted to put a face to RacingAristo and GlobeCLK but hopefully next time. The only new member I met was LexusLord but it was good seeing gs4Will again.

As for the quality, it's the same thickness as the veilside hood and front bumper that was on display or for sale. I went around and saw all the kits and saw the thickness of it so that's how I knew the quality was as good. I have never seen a REAL kit from japan before until the Carson meet but I was glad to see the Explosion kit was well made compared to the rest of the kits.

As for Manaray, hopefully this post will be long gone before he's back. LOL
too bad I couldn't meet you either. I saw your car but not you. When I saw it I was like, HEY EXPLOSION KIT! that thing is an imiataion? Definitely fooled me. Probably a great kit to be customed into something.

We shall meet at the next meet!
Old 08-12-02, 09:40 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Cong,

it was great to see you again after all this time...like me, we were the "earlier" cl guys back in the days of e-z board..remember you picked up a set of the Bilsteins and we both showed up NOT in our lex....:eek:

really like the kit you've got.......esp at that price.....the shop did a good job...i know you would NOT putting any "trash" on your ride.....

Last edited by GS4Will; 08-12-02 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-13-02, 09:24 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default body kit

What body kit should i get? i know thats a open question. I like keeping it to where it looks like a lexus. I like the rmm kit, veilside hood would be neat....i dont know what some of you veterans of cl think about mix matching. thanks alot. btw, i figured most of the "real kits" are polyurathine. The "fakes" are fiberglass....true...false...both...just asking bryan bstylecustoms187@hotmail.com
Old 08-13-02, 10:33 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: body kit

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
What body kit should i get? i know thats a open question. I like keeping it to where it looks like a lexus. I like the rmm kit, veilside hood would be neat....i dont know what some of you veterans of cl think about mix matching. thanks alot. btw, i figured most of the "real kits" are polyurathine. The "fakes" are fiberglass....true...false...both...just asking bryan bstylecustoms187@hotmail.com
Well, like you say, it's an open question. Some folks have mixed pieces from several kits very nicely, so thats always an option.
Actually most kits are fiberglass but more urethane kits are starting to show up
Here is a link to a site that has lots of kits but the reputation of the company has been questioned

Aero kits
Old 08-13-02, 11:13 AM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Default Re: body kit

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
IMO, the AutoCouture kit that I have lets the car maintain its stock look to a large degree...you can definately tell it is a GS

As for material, it appears that most all JDM kits are made of fiberglass and you can not get much more "real" than that. The only kits full replacement kits that I am aware of that are made of polyurathane(sp) are LSportline and RMM.
Old 08-13-02, 11:19 AM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Cong28 has the Las Vegas shirt on that day according to GS4will. If it wasn't for William, I would not even know who is who. As people say, "them dang Asian, they all look alike"........hahaaaa :eek:

We definitely need name tag, mod list for the car, and the name tag for each member, next time.
Old 08-13-02, 02:37 PM
CJGS4
Rookie

Hey Cong, where do your stock fogs go on the explosion kit??
Old 08-13-02, 04:21 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

The stock fogs does not fit on the kit so you have to replace them w/ round fog lights. Mine have been backorder for 3 months. It looks like no retailer can get their hands on the Catz even though catz said they have shipped them out.
Old 08-13-02, 04:29 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by cong28
The stock fogs does not fit on the kit so you have to replace them w/ round fog lights. Mine have been backorder for 3 months. It looks like no retailer can get their hands on the Catz even though catz said they have shipped them out.
do you know if you can get aftermarket fog lights and use the stock foglight switch to control it?
Old 08-13-02, 04:37 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

From what I know, you can do either way. You can hard wire the aftermarket to your stock fogs or you can find aftermarket lights that uses the same lights that the GS uses which are 9006. I haven't found any aftermarket fogs that uses the 9006, majority of them use the H1 or H3. You can also go the expensive way and get HID Fogs
Old 08-13-02, 05:05 PM
RacingAristo

If I remember correctly, Wei put 2 PIAA fog lights on his real explosion kit. Those fog lights are pretty expansive.

Quick Reply: Explosion Kit on procarparts.com