GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Explosion Kit on procarparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-02, 02:37 PM
JYOO

Default Explosion Kit on procarparts.com

Does anybody have this body kit or know if it is a quality kit?
The price is real resonable, and the kit just looks Tight!
I want to get a new front end real soon, and that is #1 on my list, anybody have any idea? Thanks!
Old 08-12-02, 02:39 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it isn't the real explosion kit, to my knowledge a few people have the real ones on here....i believe manaray is one of them, however he's on vacation.
Don't buy it the fitment will suck, and so will the quality.
Old 08-12-02, 03:16 PM
RacingAristo

Since when Manaray had Explosion kit? There was a silver GS with explosion kit at Carson Toyota meet.

The one from procarparts.com is faked.
Old 08-12-02, 03:22 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Since when Manaray had Explosion kit? There was a silver GS with explosion kit at Carson Toyota meet.

The one from procarparts.com is faked.
The silver GS with the Explosion kit belongs to Cong28
Old 08-12-02, 03:26 PM
LexusL
Rookie

the one in the carson meet is a fake, he told me, but it fitted really well. Nice clean car, but are you willing to spend 2500-3k for the real one for 750 for the fake. I know it is a lexus and you don't want to be cheap and get cheap stuff for it so it about the money are you willing to spend more or not.
Old 08-12-02, 04:16 PM
JYOO

Thanks for the input, so the procarparts kit still fit good huh?
Ill probably get that then and have the body shop mold it on so it really fits good, im also considering the Rod millen kit, and veilside, anybody know who has it for the best price?
Thanks.
Old 08-12-02, 04:21 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Don't go weak on the bodykit man, get the real deal.
Old 08-12-02, 04:24 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Just to let everyone know, I have the kit from procarparts and the kit is a duplicate but the quality is very good and the fitment is also good. From what I saw at the meet, that duplicate kit was as good of a quality as the Veilside and the AutoCouture Kit. I have a Lexus and buying a duplication doesn't mean damn ***** to me if the quality of the kit is as good as the real ones. It's just saving money and that's money I can use for other parts for the car. I know there is a lot of members out there that don't believe in buying anthing but the real stuff but when someone can make the same kit w/ the same quality, it's as good as the real one. Well, that's just my opinion on this Explosion kit and if anyone wants to buy it, I recommend it.

Last edited by cong28; 08-12-02 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-12-02, 04:42 PM
JYOO

Ok cong28, thanks for your input, who knows better than the person who actually has it right?

And also cong how low is the front end, do u scrap everywhere u go or just a real severe angles, Thanks again cong28.
Old 08-12-02, 04:49 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

JYOO, anytime...my car scrapes only on steep driveways but other then that, it doesn't scrape at all. You have to take into consideration that my car is drop w/ Tein Flex so my total drop I'm assuming is 2.5" - 3". If you have the H&R springs or the Eibach, you'll do just fine. One more thing, the kit does not come pre-drilled so you'll have to have your bodyshop people drill the holes for you.

Good luck to you buddy.
Old 08-12-02, 04:50 PM
JYOO

Thanks homie, any pics?
Old 08-12-02, 04:58 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

You'll be able to find a picture of my car at the Carson meet and at the Irvine BBQ.
Old 08-12-02, 06:49 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

I have checked out Cong's body kit pretty closely...the qaulity and fit are very good imo.
Old 08-12-02, 06:53 PM
RacingAristo

You are lucky manaray is not here right now. LOL. I was also looking at various bodykit at the meet. If you remember seeing an Asian guy starring at the kit for a long time, that's probably me.

The fake explosion seemed to fit well. I'm not sure about the quality though. How many layers are those?
Old 08-12-02, 07:15 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RacingAristo
You are lucky manaray is not here right now. LOL. I was also looking at various bodykit at the meet. If you remember seeing an Asian guy starring at the kit for a long time, that's probably me.

The fake explosion seemed to fit well. I'm not sure about the quality though. How many layers are those?
RA - Yeah, but he will be back...and fresh I don't think I got a chance to meet you...that is the one thing that I was disappointed with...a bunch of members there that I wanted to meet, but with so many people, I didn't know who was with CL.

Quick Reply: Explosion Kit on procarparts.com