GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Getting 8000k HID upgrade today....awwwwwwe shucks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-02, 09:59 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No prob rominl. I thought that I was losin' it for a minute!!??
Old 08-14-02, 01:23 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

please don't drive towards me on the opposite side of the road... looks like there's not a good cut off line like futuregs said...
Old 08-14-02, 01:31 AM
enginyr
Banned

To set all the rumors aside.

Auto Leveling is not disconnected.

There is no delay. Whatsoever

They work just like stock.

They are infact brighter.....(maybe because my 98's faded over 4 years of continuous use)

The blue is magnificient and I absolutely love it.

The pic I took at the wall was not fully in the housing. I haven't had the chance to take another pic, but I will correctly fitted in the stock housing.

I got the Bulbs from a friend at a huuuuge discount.

any more questions?
Old 08-14-02, 03:20 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

heh

i got cold at the noc so i came out on the street.. and decided go somewhere have something to eat and melt down a bit..

so i drive to first intersection and i see cop there (traffic light got broken so he had to make sure there is no accidents) so he tells me to go.. and while i'm passin him he askes me.. if those are high beams.. and i tell him no those are low beams.. he goes they are very bright.

8000K baby! the only way to go with HIDs
Old 08-14-02, 03:35 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh, yuck! Make it stop! First of all, I will bet my car AND my home theater AND my life that that 8000K bulb on the left is dimmer than the 4100K bulb with it's 2000 hours of use on it. I can immediately tell that 8000K light is dimmer than the 4100K light on the wall. If you can't, then wow, I'm sorry man... Also you see that blue light reaching about 4 feet up the wall? Yeah, well when you're not in front of a wall and are say driving on the freeway, that light jumps up to about 30 feet high a hundred yards ahead of you, which means every motorist on the road is blinded by ugly, annoying blue light. Honestly man, do you think that solid state blue light looks good on a car? Cause I think RICER immediately after I see that on a road. I don't even bother noticing what kind of car it's on, to me it's as good as a '78 Daihatsu Charade behind those blinding lights. Face it, no matter what ebay tells you, 4100K IS THE BRIGHTEST. Vision or K2 lighting isn't going to develop a technology that defies the laws of nature and physics. Except it. 7000K, 8000K, 12000K, whatever your fancy, is pure and simply unadulterated crap. Poorest lighting performance ever, sets you back 40 years in lighting technology. Taken to the extreme, do you think violet light or even black light would help you much on the highway? What makes you think there is such a thing as brighter than pure white light? Do you know that in the light spectrum, a prominent color of light means the absence of it's complimentary colors? In other words blue light is the absence of red and green light. Philips knows this, Osram knows this. Now you think the fact that the two largest and oldest bulb manufacturers in the world---the pioneers of HID and the only producers of OEM HID bulbs--- don't make these 8000K bulbs, yet some no name third rate korean bulb manufacturer in nowheresville, korea does, is kind of suspicious? I don't know what more to say bro, honestly I've been singing the same tune to you guys in every way that I know for the last 6 months it at least a dozen threads, but some people NEVER learn. I mean I even gave you an article with full color pics! How many times do you have to burn your hand on the oven before you realize it's hot?
Old 08-14-02, 05:30 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lex, first of all i wanna say i agree with u 100% and i am trying to get stocker bulbs for my HID fogs.. enginyr PM me about ur stock bulbs....

but i gotta ask you WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO? i am not trying to put you down.. but whenever i am like that tryign to teach my friends not to be a ricer etc.. just like u and manaray do... i get *****ed at forever!! yet it seems the majority agrees with u and manaray?! what is the secret? i can understand manaray.. the guy has more guns than the canadian army.. but u dont seem to intimidating! tell me the secret!!

right now i just stopped caring what other people do.....

enginyr about ur lights.. looks good.. thats all im gonna say! but i love the crystel effect of stock light but it is not there with new bulb somehow... thats my main concern!!
Old 08-14-02, 06:05 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That blue looks awesome. You don't have to care what other think as long as you are happy with the mod.
But.. the truth... not personal opinion.. usefullness of the 8000K HID...
Look at the light on wall. It sure is blue but dimmer than the stock on the right. Not only dimmer, scatter.. no focus point. The blue color will not be brighter anyway you look at it. Take it out for a test drive in the dark back road... you will see that you can begin to tell that you are not going to have better visibility while driving in real world. In fact that bluish color in night will be ate up mostly... take a test people.. put a blue tint over the flash light and shine into the dark room.. not very effective is it... I know that you guys going to say that blue tint cut the light source by certain percentage.. but this is just a demostration that blue color light does not work too well in the dark. Color closest to the sun light will be the brightest illumination. What I notice from my Phillip 6000K bulb: They are definitely brigher than the stock if you look dead on into it or shine into the fricking wall... but as far as illumination into the dark street.. they are just a little dimmer in real life illumiation into the road for human eyes to pickup. I can take a pic that show the 6000K shine more into the road.. but while driving at 60MPH in the dark winding road.. they sure don't beat the yellowinsh 3900K high beam... IMO...
Old 08-14-02, 06:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally posted by enginyr
Auto Leveling is not disconnected.
The blue is magnificient and I absolutely love it.

any more questions?
Enginyr - thanks for posting. Good to know that you can put some changes in and the auto leveling still works. The blue does look stunning, although I wouldn't want it for my GS (or coming at me up the street if the dispersion is as it appears on your wall ).

I've gotta take your word for it on the "it's brighter", because the stock HID looks brighter to me in the picture you posted. The blue DOES looks like the light disperses wider which may seem to light up more of the immediate area.

I do have one question - is it the stock bulb or the 8000K bulb which projects that URL on all your pictures ?
Old 08-14-02, 10:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Shinchan
That blue looks awesome. You don't have to care what other think as long as you are happy with the mod.
But.. the truth... not personal opinion.. usefullness of the 8000K HID...
Look at the light on wall. It sure is blue but dimmer than the stock on the right. Not only dimmer, scatter.. no focus point. The blue color will not be brighter anyway you look at it. Take it out for a test drive in the dark back road... you will see that you can begin to tell that you are not going to have better visibility while driving in real world. In fact that bluish color in night will be ate up mostly... take a test people.. put a blue tint over the flash light and shine into the dark room.. not very effective is it... I know that you guys going to say that blue tint cut the light source by certain percentage.. but this is just a demostration that blue color light does not work too well in the dark. Color closest to the sun light will be the brightest illumination. What I notice from my Phillip 6000K bulb: They are definitely brigher than the stock if you look dead on into it or shine into the fricking wall... but as far as illumination into the dark street.. they are just a little dimmer in real life illumiation into the road for human eyes to pickup. I can take a pic that show the 6000K shine more into the road.. but while driving at 60MPH in the dark winding road.. they sure don't beat the yellowinsh 3900K high beam... IMO...
yeah shinchan, i agree with ya. i have both 4100k and 6000k hid and i can honestly say that if you look straight into the bulbs, the 6000k looks brighter, but the 4100k has better illumination of the road. it's a fact. but i stay with 6000k coz' i want white. you gain some you lose some i guess.

hey shinchan, can you post those pics? i wanna see
Old 08-14-02, 01:59 PM
enginyr
Banned

Pics coming with the bulb CORRECTLY fitted in the housing....10 minutes.
Old 08-14-02, 02:06 PM
enginyr
Banned

By the way....The specs might say the blue is not brighter, but it really lights up the road. You'll see when you get a set...
Attached Thumbnails Getting 8000k HID upgrade today....awwwwwwe shucks!-night-time-front-shot.jpg  
Old 08-14-02, 02:16 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

I want a set of 6000k bulbs. Any ideas on where to get a set that are plug and play? I have factory HID's.
Old 08-14-02, 02:21 PM
enginyr
Banned

This is shot inside the cabin......
Attached Thumbnails Getting 8000k HID upgrade today....awwwwwwe shucks!-inside-cabin.jpg  
Old 08-14-02, 02:22 PM
enginyr
Banned

This one is the outside cabin....
Attached Thumbnails Getting 8000k HID upgrade today....awwwwwwe shucks!-ouside-cabin.jpg  
Old 08-14-02, 02:25 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by enginyr
This one is the outside cabin....
dam .. blue is definetly brighter....

yo steve... don listen to the people that put down on it...

i bet u there R 9 other that will praise it.

And those 9 arent haters

heh (shake dem haterz off)

Your Hid's Looks Awsome Bro!

Last edited by CamRen; 08-14-02 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Getting 8000k HID upgrade today....awwwwwwe shucks!