GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

We own the fastest model in the Lexus Lineup

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-02, 10:50 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We own the fastest model in the Lexus Lineup

We own the highest model in the Lexus Lineup
and i do feel that way!

The Lexus line goes something like this:

IS, ES, (RX), GS, (LX), LS, SC

I get tons of respect when i drive the GS. Sure, people cut me off all the time and i cut them off too, but its great. Out of all the models, the GS4/30 are the fastest. Faster than the LS and SC. I do not think anyone has a slip or a magazine has a result of the SC being faster than the GS.

The GS has definetly aged, but its still out here and people love it.
The GS will always be the fastest.

Its even faster than the Mercedes S-class and CL-class, not to mention the E class. Its faster than the BMW 540 stick and auto, but they are pretty close.

There's only 1 Lexus four door that can accelerate so fast, and people betta recognize !!

(im really sorry for copying, but i thought it would be good)
Old 08-13-02, 11:05 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

AMEN
Old 08-13-02, 11:26 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

toog,

no offense, but the GS being the fastest is really clear already. and we don't own the "highest" either, cause that'd really be the LS430. cream of all crops there.

i don't get any respect when i drive this thing. no i get high-beamed and yelled at, car's been spit on and everything. this was NEVER a problem in my 85 Cressida with 40% paint.

btw, sorry to burst your bubble, but don't race some S-classes, E-classes, or 540's, cause they are faster. AMG takes good care of Mercedes performance and the 540 stick will hand us our asses in a bag if it wanted. we love our cars and all, but let's not act like we're kings of the road. but do enjoy yourself out there.

oh, and what did you copy?
Old 08-14-02, 01:14 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

GS430 is faster than 540i been there done that. My gs430 has a torque converter so even the stick 540 falls under my prey.

I don't really understand why such a talkdown, as the title means clearly "Fastest" lineup in lexus. so that would put LS430 outta range.

Only lineup in Mercedes can put up against GS430 is the AMG lineup, or BMW M lineup, wat do u mean bravo ???

Respect comes with the way u drive instead of the car tho....

calm dowm

Last edited by gsintensive; 08-14-02 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-14-02, 03:16 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by gsintensive
AMEN
i'll amen to that too
Old 08-14-02, 03:17 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

GS430 is faster than 540i been there done that. My gs430 has a torque converter so even the stick 540 falls under my prey.

I don't really understand why such a talkdown, as the title means clearly "Fastest" lineup in lexus. so that would put LS430 outta range.

Only lineup in Mercedes can put up against GS430 is the AMG lineup, or BMW M lineup, wat do u mean bravo ???

calm dowm
I think he meant he and his 300, because 400/430 aint loosin' to 540i(auto or manual), E-class, or LS430.......and with torque converter you will have a car length lead that will never be made up....
Old 08-14-02, 06:43 AM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

When you say
The GS will always be the fastest.
you don't mean first gen. models, do you?

I can beat first gen. GS anytime with my SC400 . So, I guess SC is the fastest Lexus model

Last edited by ChrisK; 08-14-02 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-14-02, 06:53 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by alexus

i'll amen to that too

me too

ShOwGS
Old 08-14-02, 07:39 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

calm dowm
sorry, but i believe you read my post the wrong way. i'm not talking down the GS or flaming toog or anything. just a few corrections, was what i wanted to say.

he said we have the fastest AND the highest Lexus. specifically, you guys have the fastest but not the highest Lexus. that's what i meant about the LS430. and doesn't a stock 430 lose to a stick 540? auto vs auto is good for Lexus, but I don't think the 430 can beat a 6sp 540 head on. sure, with a simple mod here or there or the TC, then that changes things for sure.

and i agree with you completely about Merc and BMW, which i already said. AMG cars and all the M cars and some stock ones are the only ones that can be a GS. i didn't say all or most will beat the GS, just the special ones. and each company has a few of the special ones.

and i agree with you also about the respect issue. i said i get cut off in my GS, so i don't get respect just for being in it. respect comes with driving a nice car in a civil way that doesn't endanger others. i've seen the ****** in nice cars that drives like complete idiots and they don't get any respect. you cali guys know that all too well. sorry if i seemed harsh or something...not my intention at all
Old 08-14-02, 07:43 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by tinygs

I think he meant he and his 300, because 400/430 aint loosin' to 540i(auto or manual), E-class, or LS430.......and with torque converter you will have a car length lead that will never be made up....
i did mean the 400/430s, let alone my 300. i'd never mess with those cars, any of them. a turbo is a good 6-12 months out for me. cong, in a week, on the other hand....could run with the M5
Old 08-14-02, 08:25 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by bravo261

.... and doesn't a stock 430 lose to a stick 540? auto vs auto is good for Lexus, but I don't think the 430 can beat a 6sp 540 head on. sure, with a simple mod here or there or the TC, then that changes things for sure. ....l
bravo....my stock gs4 has beaten a 6sp 540. No conjectures...no suppositions...just the facts.
Old 08-14-02, 08:30 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

I get the finger whenever I drive aggressively in the GS. Strange, for some reason, people expect that drivers of GS should drive like grannies because whenever I am in my M3, I drive the same way and nobody gives me the finger. It's like they expect it from a BMW driver to drive aggressively but when a GS does it, I am considered a jerk and deserve the finger...WTH???

PS I NEVER cut people off - they just don't let me in! J/K!!

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 08-14-02 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-14-02, 11:41 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Default oops

Someone in the SC400 forum started a thread titled "We own the highest model in the lexus lignup." I copied the title, so i guess i forgot to take out the "highest" line. Sorry.

btw, sorry to burst your bubble, but don't race some S-classes, E-classes, or 540's, cause they are faster. .

Im talking about stock for stock. You cant compare a GS with an M, everyone knows this.

you don't mean first gen. models, do you?
Um, unless your name is Mcnelson or you have a turbo or supercharger, no.. sorry.

bravo....my stock gs4 has beaten a 6sp 540. No conjectures...no suppositions...just the facts..
setup a rave with a friend in SD, so well see how it goes. But there have been tons of kills on CL with people against a six speed.
Old 08-16-02, 02:52 AM
systek
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by BLiu

PS I NEVER cut people off - they just don't let me in! J/K!!

Brent
amen to that
Old 08-16-02, 06:03 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ChrisK
I can beat first gen. GS anytime with my SC400 . So, I guess SC is the fastest Lexus model
Keep in mind that the first Gen GS's where 300's so they would compare to SC300's. Now with the GS4's, I would have to say that you HAD the fastest Lexus model.

Quick Reply: We own the fastest model in the Lexus Lineup