GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Well, it looks like I'm going on coils. Slammed members on coils chime in please

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-11, 04:38 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, thanks for all the replies. Today one of my UAS bags busted, that's the straw that broke the camels back. Yes, I have the UAS brackets that supposedly fix the rubbing off the bags with the nuckle. I know many UAS owners have gone years without problems, but I'm sure they aren't driving slammed. I drive low everywhere, I'm guessing these bags aren't cut for that. Such a shame that after spending 2.5k on their setup, you can't even drive low ;/

Another question for coilover guys. Sorry if they seem dumb, but I'm a noob when it comes to coilovers. How long do they last before they need replacing if you ride slammed. I'm wondering if these will be more expensive in the long run> I'm getting fed up with spending money on the car and have even considered going back to stock.
Old 01-30-11, 09:11 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm surprised to hear you had a bag blow out, even with the spacer kit installed.

I would speak to Tech or Zack at UAS. Imo, he's very helpful with issues on the bag problems.
Old 01-30-11, 09:16 PM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I miss the ride of coilovers lol and I only drove my car twice since I installed the air suspension
Old 01-30-11, 09:38 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hmm. i went from slammed on coils to slammed on bags. can i see where ur bag rubs?
mine rubs on one side slightly. the other side, not at all.
coils last as long as normal shocks. especially if u got the fully adjustable ones (aka no teins)
Old 01-30-11, 09:45 PM
4DGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO wooooo

Static ftw in my books.
Old 01-30-11, 11:46 PM
SoloKaMGS
Lead Lap

MEGAN LP bro , but damn id keep the air thats me imo.
Old 01-31-11, 12:26 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 5t341th
hmm. i went from slammed on coils to slammed on bags. can i see where ur bag rubs?
mine rubs on one side slightly. the other side, not at all.
coils last as long as normal shocks. especially if u got the fully adjustable ones (aka no teins)
I will try and get a picture up tomorrow. You have to check often
Originally Posted by geeznuts
I miss the ride of coilovers lol and I only drove my car twice since I installed the air suspension
I've never driven on coilovers,so I don't know how it feels.
Originally Posted by VIP-209
sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm surprised to hear you had a bag blow out, even with the spacer kit installed.

I would speak to Tech or Zack at UAS. Imo, he's very helpful with issues on the bag problems.
I will try and call him, also one of my compressors went out, hopefully, it's under warranty
Originally Posted by 4DGS
IMO wooooo

Static ftw in my books.
Have you ever been on air? it can be awesome
Originally Posted by SoloKaMGS
MEGAN LP bro , but damn id keep the air thats me imo.
Im going to sleep on it, I dont know what to do! I'll probably dream about it haha
Old 01-31-11, 12:57 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Hey Noel, make sure you clarify why you have the problems you do. Mostly so you dont discourage people who want to go air.

The UAS bracket is suppose to help not eliminate (IMO) the problem. Its not gonna stop the bag from rubbing when driving fully deflated.
Old 01-31-11, 01:25 AM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

I'm riding slammed on Stance Coils..the ride quality is awesome. the annoying things are rubbing..cant make full turns, gotta do the austin powers..UCA bangs..but like the hardcore guys say, if these arent happening then you arent low. hehehehe...
Old 01-31-11, 02:28 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

PLATNUMVIP CUPKIT. is your answer.
Old 01-31-11, 02:53 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BiggVinh
PLATNUMVIP CUPKIT. is your answer.
He needs to learn to maintain first.
Old 01-31-11, 07:43 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Hey Noel, make sure you clarify why you have the problems you do. Mostly so you dont discourage people who want to go air.

The UAS bracket is suppose to help not eliminate (IMO) the problem. Its not gonna stop the bag from rubbing when driving fully deflated.
If your read CLOSER, I did state that I ride dumped on these bags I know you're not supposed to, and I was going to turn the bag, so it can rub another part. Anyways, there are other kits that you can ride slammed and have zero issues. Didn't you have a bag that busted on you about 2 month away? Anyways, I think I already have a buyer. But if I don't sale them, I'll keep them to put on an ls430 whenever I get one, or I'm willing to mod again I know for a fact there are no rubbing issues there.
I was thinking it over and I may go and purt this damn car back to stock, so keep an eye out on the classified
Old 01-31-11, 08:10 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Different circumstances, tires were worn all the way down and hadnt realized it was changing the position of the arm.
Old 01-31-11, 01:09 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You wouldn't get up that driveway in a stock anything...other than a truck.

Buy FYI - If you want to go slammed on coilovers we can get you a custom BCR kit that will allow that, lower than most other coilovers will go. Shoot me a PM if you're intersted
Old 01-31-11, 02:46 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

That's what happens when builders are to cheap to properly level the ground before building a house instead of just sticking one on a pile of dirt. I hope they did a soils report or at least have good homeowners insurance!

Quick Reply: Well, it looks like I'm going on coils. Slammed members on coils chime in please