GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

For the GS300 Sports Design, is there a black walnut wood trim kit available?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-02, 10:27 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question For the GS300 Sports Design, is there a black walnut wood trim kit available?

To those owners that have the GS300 Sports Design, is there a black walnut wood trim kit available that goes around the stereo/naviagation, gauges, window controls etc like the ones in the pictures below.

I know it has the aluminum finished trim in those places but I think I'd rather see the black walnut instead.
Old 08-17-02, 01:38 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense to anyone here who has it, but the first pic has way too much wood in it. The steering wheel is just wood all around... it gives it no room to breathe.
Old 08-17-02, 06:28 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Is the black walnut trim even a dealer option? I've seen it done to GS's, but I always thought it was an aftermarket item. Looks pretty good, though!
Old 08-17-02, 08:39 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey, like this kind of stuff... I have a SportDesign, and I was looking for a blackwood grain steeringwheel... Here are some pics, but thew crap here is VERY,VERY expensive....
Attached Thumbnails For the GS300 Sports Design, is there a black walnut wood trim kit available?-blackwood-4.jpg  
Old 08-17-02, 08:39 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

another.
Attached Thumbnails For the GS300 Sports Design, is there a black walnut wood trim kit available?-blackwood-3.jpg  
Old 08-17-02, 08:43 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

But here is the Link to the Website....They have the blk woodgrain wheel I want, but it's tooooooooo much money.http://www.beverly-auto.co.jp/index.html

Last edited by MrSypher; 08-17-02 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-17-02, 01:48 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

sypher

i just looked at the beverly auto page.. i was wondering how much a full black walnut wood kit costs.. Its in japapnese and I don't know the conversion..

how much is the steering wheel?

compliments on the gs... love the wheels!! wish I had that 996 in those pictures on your driveway!! lol
Old 08-17-02, 02:18 PM
SergeDubovsky
Driver School Candidate

Default Cost

It's roughly $680. $1=117 YEN. You can translate whole page using this: http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Old 08-17-02, 02:40 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexDriver18
sypher

i just looked at the beverly auto page.. i was wondering how much a full black walnut wood kit costs.. Its in japapnese and I don't know the conversion..

how much is the steering wheel?

compliments on the gs... love the wheels!! wish I had that 996 in those pictures on your driveway!! lol
Thanks.... The steeringwheel comes out to be $1,749.50...... That is way too much money for me to spend on that... I really want it, but I can find alot of other things to do with that money....

Last edited by MrSypher; 08-17-02 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-17-02, 07:49 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Thanks a lot mrsypher. One other question. Did you have any problems fitting it on your left hand drive GS?
Old 08-17-02, 08:53 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
Thanks a lot mrsypher. One other question. Did you have any problems fitting it on your left hand drive GS?
Sam, I think you took it all wrong.... I want it, but I don't have it.. I was just posting it up for you guys.... But I don't think it'll be a problem.... I think before you go buy it, I'd PM Manaray and talk to him about these guys who hook-up steering wheels very nicely when it comes to matching woodgrain....
Old 08-18-02, 01:34 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Ok I will PM Manaray if my dealer comes thru and gets me a Sports Design with Nav.

The thing is that the buttons on the side of the Nav are on the left in America and in that pic they are on the right. You can't simply rotate the Nav piece of the wood kit 180 degrees because then the part that's on the bottom for the stereo will end up on top.

One day I'll take the time and visit all the web sites of those companies that advertise the wood grain dash kits in the back of the popular car magazines and see if they have anything.
Old 08-18-02, 02:31 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mrsypher
Hey, like this kind of stuff... I have a SportDesign, and I was looking for a blackwood grain steeringwheel... Here are some pics, but thew crap here is VERY,VERY expensive....
That's what I have on my car the day I bought it. You guys don't have them as an option in your American dealerships? That sucks.
Old 08-18-02, 05:57 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by jtanoyo1

That's what I have on my car the day I bought it. You guys don't have them as an option in your American dealerships? That sucks.
It does.....
Old 08-19-02, 01:18 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Joko, the black walnut wood trim is only available on the GS300 Sports Design. And what I don't like about it is that it's only on part of the console and on the doors. The rest of it is aluminum. My current 99 GS300 looks like the second pic in my original post except my interior is black and my shift **** is black leather and wood. I had the dealer add the wood trim around the climate control including the console, the guages and around the power window and lock controls on all 4 doors. I think it looks really nice. I've even had other GS owners stop and ask me about it. I figured if I got a 2002 GS300 Sports Design, I'd have it done also.

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 08-19-02 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: For the GS300 Sports Design, is there a black walnut wood trim kit available?