GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

-Noob introduction/questions-

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-11, 05:59 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by puff
Must you argue with EVERY new member who comes on here? Latey 99% of your responses start with ............................. If you searched blah blah blah..............

Whatever happened to WELCOME and NICE TO HAVE YOU ON HERE? Or if you don't have anything nice to say try one of these

To OP Welcome to Club Lexus.
Originally Posted by EN_VY
Lol, I agree, but hey, I'ts in his honest opinion.

Welcome to the club and it looks like you got a decent deal with a rare color combo. To some people it isn't about speed. Post pic soon

Agreed. Brian its understandable both the reasons why you post and the purpose of your posts, however you need to not express attitude and frustration. Thats how you can lose new members on here. Its all in the delivery. I too say do your searching, but I make the suggestion instead of telling them... Now, if the same newbie keeps asking over and over without searching, then yea theres reason to bring it up, however, thats the moderators duty, not a member.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 02-07-11 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-07-11, 10:09 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Must you argue with EVERY new member who comes on here? Latey 99% of your responses start with ............................. If you searched blah blah blah..............

Whatever happened to WELCOME and NICE TO HAVE YOU ON HERE? Or if you don't have anything nice to say try one of these

learn to read FIRST post i did say welcome...after my lecture

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Agreed. Brian its understandable both the reasons why you post and the purpose of your posts, however you need to not express attitude and frustration. Thats how you can lose new members on here. Its all in the delivery. I too say do your searching, but I make the suggestion instead of telling them... Now, if the same newbie keeps asking over and over without searching, then yea theres reason to bring it up, however, thats the moderators duty, not a member.
ty nathaniel.....glad u straightened that up for me
Old 02-07-11, 11:55 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Well at least you got another post up
Old 02-08-11, 12:00 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Well at least you got another post up
and that's my ultimate goal according to some of you'll

lets go to PM's Nathaniel still need to hear word from you about that new bass controller
Old 02-08-11, 12:27 AM
Cboy1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ty sir... Nice looking GS you got there in your sig, looks like you're boosting?
Old 02-08-11, 03:33 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

We need some pictures, Cboy1!
Old 02-09-11, 08:44 AM
Cboy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
We need some pictures, Cboy1!
Uploading them now via iPhone.
Old 02-09-11, 08:48 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Cboy1
Uploading them now via iPhone.
Fantastic. Looking forward to them.
Old 02-09-11, 09:04 AM
Cboy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Fantastic. Looking forward to them.
Done, uploaded onto the first post. Picture quality isn't that great cause they were uploaded via iPhone but pictures really can't do the car any justice on how clean the car is inside and out. Interior is like damn near mint, paint and body is all original with a clean carfax, engine bay is spotless minus the dirt and dust. Hopefully my buddy over at Auto Fashion(San Diego) will help me build my GS in due time... It's gonna be a slow build but I'm aiming for a murdered out/VIP build, VIP dudes usually aim for more chrome but I'm dipping every chrome piece in black chrome.
Old 02-09-11, 09:33 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Clean pick up and welcome to the club.

Wish I had your color combo, haha.
Old 02-09-11, 10:32 AM
Cboy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Clean pick up and welcome to the club.

Wish I had your color combo, haha.
Hahaha thanks man.
Old 02-12-11, 05:16 PM
oldisnew
Driver School Candidate

Dude. New myself and know the feeling. It can be exacerbating trying to search for things, and sometimes ya gotta ask. Like the ride. I may have paid more than I should have for mine LS, but then you gotta ask yourself if your happy with your purchase. If you are and there is no buyers remorse, your golden. There will always be a cheaper ones somewhere.
Old 02-12-11, 06:10 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the pick up! You're guna be happy with black on black. As far as the performance goes with a GS300. Since you're not really into modding for the thrills of this car, which is unfortunate an i6 perfectly fits you. Save the money on mods and drive the hell out of the bike!
Old 02-14-11, 08:18 PM
Cboy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldisnew
Dude. New myself and know the feeling. It can be exacerbating trying to search for things, and sometimes ya gotta ask. Like the ride. I may have paid more than I should have for mine LS, but then you gotta ask yourself if your happy with your purchase. If you are and there is no buyers remorse, your golden. There will always be a cheaper ones somewhere.
Yeah sometimes I can be a tad frustrating searching for something specific. I've been on all types of forums since 2004 and I realize that in most cases the search option is very useful but not always. I think I got a really good deal and have no regrets cause KBB value of the car was $12,900 and the NADA value was $14,500. The dealer had it originally priced at $14,998 and like I said pictures do this car no justice on how clean this damn car is. All my friends and even my car audio guy and his customers were shocked when I pulled into his shop today for a quote and some tinting. I've seen cheaper GS300's in the market but I noticed the cheaper it got the higher the mileage it got and more crappy in terms of overall condition.

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Congrats on the pick up! You're guna be happy with black on black. As far as the performance goes with a GS300. Since you're not really into modding for the thrills of this car, which is unfortunate an i6 perfectly fits you. Save the money on mods and drive the hell out of the bike!
Thank you sir! Hahaha weeell I never ignored the fact that it pretty much had a N/A 2JZ motor under the hood so I have been researching a little here and there on the pros/cons of boosting this motor. I don't plan on daily driving this car cause I have a work truck and a fast street bike, so slowly but surely you guys will witness me build this GS. Luckily I have a buddy whose LS is apart of the AutoFashion roster, so he'll guide me through the build. Chances are I'm gonna murder/VIP out this GS and boost it later, but mods are adding up to he real expensive, hahaha so it'll be a slow build.