GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

CAR STOLEN! I'm gonna kill someone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-02, 09:26 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel really bad for you Manny, this is the kind of thing that just make you sick.
I agree with some of the others that said this might be an inside job. If you havent already, go back to the shop with a audio tape recorder, and ask something like "Can I at least have my keys back?" And then try to get a feel for their reaction... do they head for the key locker, or do they stand there and fumble for something to say. If they admit that the keys were left in the car, then you will have it on tape. Even if you signed something saying you accept that the shop is not responsible for loss or damage, they still have to handle your car in a responsible manner, which leaving the keys in it is not.
Best wishes, and I hope things work out. Please keep us posted.
Old 08-21-02, 10:26 AM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

I just wanted to add my bit and say I feel for you like the rest. Its always excruciating to hear a fellow member's prize and glory get stolen, regardless of how, when, or where.

I'm sure its a risk all of us take by driving a beauty of a car like the Lexus GS.
Old 08-21-02, 10:56 AM
Wally
Driver

Dude,

Sorry. I have had a car stolen once and it is the sickest feeling in the world. Mine was recovered unfortunately 3 weeks later after being stripped of all stereo stuff and chock full of KFC wrappers in the trunk! They were going to keep it, not chop it!!!! Dumb move! Damn locals in Atlanta....LOCALS!!!!
Old 08-21-02, 01:30 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, this is just BAAAAAAD!! Hope the people who did it suffer!!
Any news?
Old 08-21-02, 01:53 PM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

Dam that sucks!

i have the fear of being car jacked someday.
Old 08-21-02, 02:47 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Default Best of luck

Manuel - I can only say that I know what it feels like to lose a stereo out of a vehicle and I remember how mad I was then.....

I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling right now.......me personally, even though it's not the smartest move, I would be out for BLOOD. PERIOD. Maybe even hire a P.I. to do some checking for you. And THEN nail the bastard(s) that did this.
Click, Click, BOOOOM!!!!!!!! Ya know what I'm sayin'????

Good luck,
Eric
Old 08-21-02, 02:57 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

WAIT, let me get this straight -- it disappeared from the bodyshop DURING THE DAY, and no one saw anything? DURING A BUSINESS DAY?

I've worked in a bodyshop before -- there is no way a NICE car like yours is going to disappear. Knowing that the car would attract thieves, it would be parked in a SAFE place on the lot, within plain view of workers.

If it is possible to determine whether or not the key has been copied, by all means do it. This is B.S. Raise HELL Manny! Go down there and at least make them sweat -- go and tell the bodyshop workers that you'll give them a big fat reward if they know about the theft of your car. Don't worry about paying them -- they are under a pre-existing duty to return your car anyways. Beat the grass and see if any snakes come out...

So I'm assuming it's your insurance, not the bodyshop's, that's going to cover the loss...
Old 08-21-02, 03:02 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

manny,
i truly wish you the best of luck on getting your car back. even if the insurance gives you full value (which im sure they will try to ***** you on) it cant replace the hard work and preserverance that youve put into your truly amazing ride. like i said, i wish you the best and should you find the perps, be easy bro. dont do anything that will keep you away from your cars and family for an extended period, feel me?

Doc
Old 08-21-02, 07:16 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that and agree with Dr. Rick.
Old 08-21-02, 07:54 PM
GS4oo
Driver School Candidate

damn bro...im sorry to hear about your car...i don't know what i would do if i were to be in your position...i wish you best of luck and i hope you get ur car back soon..i know how it must feel...my car means a lot to me as well...g' luck bro..peace
Old 08-21-02, 07:55 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by VVT-i
I'm sorry to hear that and agree with Dr. Rick.
Guys thanks for the support. No sign of recovery yet.
To tell you the truth its not really about the money even if the insurance money doesn't really want to cover the whole car.

By having screwed around with my car, you have screwed around with me.

I did go by the body shop today and called local lexus dealers. No sign whatsoever that keys were duplicated. I have gotten the originla keys back from the dealer.

I personally know the owner of the body shop and have spent gobbles of cash there. One car or another of mine is always in there. I am obsessed with paint quality and everytime I get a scratch, a rock chip a slight imperfection...usually its in the body shop getting repaired. Engine covers, aftermarket mods, kits,etc...all at the same place. I have spent way too much money with this dealer over the last two years for them to jeopardize this business relationship to make a quick buck. They also deal with other high end cars and people that work there have worked there forever.
I highly doubt this was an inside job!

Dr Rick....I hear you....letting this go once culprit is found is highly unlike my style. I dont get my hands dirty ...you know what I mean...Cash is KING!
Trust me I will find out who did it.
Old 08-21-02, 08:15 PM
BlackRainGS
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about your car Manny. I work in Newark and see many crazy things take place. I still can't believe they had a set of nuts that big to do this during the day. I hope this isn't the body shop I'm thinking of, because if it is, my car has been there and will be visiting again soon for some work. I'll consider
taking a day off from work until the work is completed, so that it doesn't stay on the street long. Good luck and I hope you get your baby back soon.
Old 08-21-02, 08:20 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Manny,
I just want to say that you are being very civilized about this whole affair, a commendable trait if I do say so. Most of us would be using four letter explatives every other word :eek: I hate to sound like I'm prying, but just how does the body shop explain the car being stolen in broad daylight without any keys??? You've obviously spent a great deal of money there, and have developed a rapport with the owner, so I'd think he'd have your babies under 24x7. Does he have any new employees that might not be so upstanding? Enquiring minds want to know
Old 08-21-02, 08:39 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Manny,

Sorry to hear about this man!! It pisses me off reading this and everyone elses hardships with getting their pride and joys stolen...I think everyone once in their life has had their car stolen or stripped or even just "keyed up". I know what you are goin through b/c it had happened to me with another car of mine after just 2 weeks of being completed w/mods and all. I litereally cried...really!!!After that...anytime a car that looked similar to mine that looked like it had my mods on it, was being chased down by a driver mad as hell...ME! I went into a deep depression and completly put my car back to stock. It took time to get over it ....but I never got a chance to get even.

Well I'm right over the bridge so I have already begun the search for your car...wish you all the luck.

Danny
Old 08-21-02, 10:22 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

Manny,

Sorry to hear about your ride. I hope it works out for you, and if you find those dirtbags, to make them suffer. Im in NYC just about everyday, and for what its worth, I'll keep my eyes open.

Peace,
ROB

Quick Reply: CAR STOLEN! I'm gonna kill someone!