GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

D2..Weds..Ridetech lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-11, 10:47 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks guys, photography skills is all romeo291, props to him for the pics.

Originally Posted by AsGs300
NO tire shine before the shoot? Just messin with ya bro, sweet ride, and great shoot
post up more pics
lol.. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pics.. was an impromptu shoot more of a its Sunday, bored, lets go take pics shoot. Will post more pics as she progresses,with tire shine hopefully
Old 03-06-11, 10:52 AM
twyst
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good!
Old 03-07-11, 12:46 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

thanks man, installed the side mirrors and WOW!! ran into a bunch of issues but its on now and love the addition! Thanks again Brian for that DIY I'll post some pics once it clears up outside.
Old 03-07-11, 02:07 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if all three of you rolled up next to me at a stop light, id sht bricks
Old 03-07-11, 08:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
thanks man, installed the side mirrors and WOW!! ran into a bunch of issues but its on now and love the addition! Thanks again Brian for that DIY I'll post some pics once it clears up outside.
what kind of issues?welcome again

Originally Posted by Vincent123
i'd just run the light and drive off embarrassed for my car
Old 03-07-11, 11:15 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vincent123
I think ur being modest there buddy, the car in ur sig looks ballliiiiinnnnnnn

Originally Posted by sakataj
what kind of issues?welcome again
i'd just run the light and drive off embarrassed for my car
man where do I start.. a plastic end for the cable for the door locks broke off so had to either change the cable out or epoxy it..but being a sunday..yeah.. ended up epoxying it for the time being..my door lock actuator is acting up...already did a motor swap on that actuator so broke down and ordered another actuator.. had no problem running wires etc but when you getting to the plug where the sidemarkers should be wired in.. DAMN~!!! I'm in no way a little guy and for a heavy set guy to be slithering under the dash to do the wiring.. DAMN!! My sides still hurt..lol. Well got everything wired up sidemarkers worked fine but the puddle light was not coming on. Retraced the wiring everything looked fine was getting power at all ends so the only other place it was not getting power to was the LED's itself.. for some weird reason the ground on the LED's side was not sodered in. So had to take everything off to soder it.. after that was done put everything back and awesome it worked. Locked the car, thought I was done but the puddle light stayed on... I grounded both grounds to a common ground . So 6 hours later got everything working.

Moral of the story: test lights before installation & READ and FOLLOW directions

Last edited by kuWuPt; 03-07-11 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-07-11, 12:02 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

man where do I start.. a plastic end for the cable for the door locks broke off so had to either change the cable out or epoxy it..but being a sunday..yeah.. ended up epoxying it for the time being..my door lock actuator is acting up...already did a motor swap on that actuator so broke down and ordered another actuator.. had no problem running wires etc but when you getting to the plug where the sidemarkers should be wired in.. DAMN~!!! I'm in no way a little guy and for a heavy set guy to be slithering under the dash to do the wiring.. DAMN!! My sides still hurt..lol. Well got everything wired up sidemarkers worked fine but the puddle light was not coming on. Retraced the wiring everything looked fine was getting power at all ends so the only other place it was not getting power to was the LED's itself.. for some weird reason the ground on the LED's side was not sodered in. So had to take everything off to soder it.. after that was done put everything back and awesome it worked. Locked the car, thought I was done but the puddle light stayed on... I grounded both grounds to a common ground . So 6 hours later got everything working.

Moral of the story: test lights before installation & READ and FOLLOW directions
dont feel bad i broke that actuator cable also....not doing this. i DID fry my door ecu doing this though, luckily i got a local member to fix it for me for free though.

yeah im a fat guy also and i had trouble fitting up under the dash....it was uber uncomfortable being upside down and crap working on this. who did you get your mirror shells from? damn that sucks.....
Old 03-07-11, 01:08 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Got it from CLT.. overall a great product awesome fitment and looks awesome.. should've just checked that the lights were all working. Not a big deal though.. hopefully the epoxy on the cable will hold itself.. looked like it was on there but I guess when I go to change the actuator out I'll find out for sure..
Brian do you have the wiring schematics? I was trying to figure out where I can get an illumination lead to wire up some led's to light up the inside door handles but apparently the lights on the switch are always on.. they dont just come on with the park lights.. I could be wrong though.. was hoping there was an illumination source on the door panels itself to keep the wiring simple. I think I found an awesome spot to put in an led to illuminate the door handles. I'll post some pics up on that too.
Old 03-07-11, 01:18 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Got it from CLT.. overall a great product awesome fitment and looks awesome.. should've just checked that the lights were all working. Not a big deal though.. hopefully the epoxy on the cable will hold itself.. looked like it was on there but I guess when I go to change the actuator out I'll find out for sure..
Brian do you have the wiring schematics? I was trying to figure out where I can get an illumination lead to wire up some led's to light up the inside door handles but apparently the lights on the switch are always on.. they dont just come on with the park lights.. I could be wrong though.. was hoping there was an illumination source on the door panels itself to keep the wiring simple. I think I found an awesome spot to put in an led to illuminate the door handles. I'll post some pics up on that too.
only schematics i had i posted in here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tall-help.html

curious to see your development
Old 03-07-11, 03:16 PM
kraven9
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet. Damn those pics are hot.
Old 03-08-11, 12:04 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by sakataj
only schematics i had i posted in here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tall-help.html

curious to see your development
Dont think there is an illumination wire on the door panel Brian, think I'll run an illumination lead to the door panel and run it that way. I'll probably do it once my actuator comes in, trying to minimize me breaking more stuff

Last edited by kuWuPt; 03-08-11 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-08-11, 12:26 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Dont think there is an illumination wire on the door panel Brian, think I'll run an illumination lead to the door panel and run it that way. I'll probably do it once my actuator comes in, trying to minimize me braking more stuff
cool...will be following this for updates