GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New product from GReddy

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-02, 03:22 PM
Swifty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heheheehe....a great big can of worms has now been opened.

i want a Trust built 2JZ-GTE for my car. Oh and make sure it's cheap!
Old 08-23-02, 06:12 PM
Ricky777
Driver School Candidate

Talking

You are one greedy man. High performance with low cost.
if is not going to be affortable Why bother making it .....

Last edited by Ricky777; 08-23-02 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-23-02, 09:01 PM
aristo400
Rookie

Headers all the way!! The hard part. CARB legal certification.
Old 08-25-02, 10:33 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

Hello Charles, this is Dan at Godspeed. I think headers seem to be the product that no other company has tried to tackle and I think Greddy can bring it in at a competitive price. I'd order a set if available.
Old 08-25-02, 05:12 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Headers

HEADERS appears to be the number one requested item. I would easily spend a grand or so for a quality system.
Old 08-26-02, 06:01 AM
zenki300
Driver

Default hey...

>CARB legal Turbo system for the GS300<

I'm pretty sure many owners (especially those that live in California) would appreciate the satisfaction of knowing that they don't have to look for a crooked smog shop, or have to take out the turbo system bi-annually if they install a CARB legal GReddy turbo kit in their car. It would be nice to have forced induction, and at the same time, peace of mind in owning it.

I also noticed the body kit you guys offer seems incomplete (I'm referring to just the lip)... I have a sketch of an original bodykit that I designed for the GS, and because I know personally that I could never get it produced or constructed, maybe a company like yours can (that's if you like it). Please PM me if you're interested.

That is all.
Old 08-26-02, 01:49 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default greddy parts

any parts what would work or fit fr 1st gen gs300:

igniton, sway bars, strut tower brace, body kits if possible.
Old 08-30-02, 03:36 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Charles,

How's the Evo cat-back developing?
This system is slated to be for sale towards the end of September.
Old 08-30-02, 03:38 PM
RacingAristo

Charles,

Any estimate retail price on this unit? How loud is Evo compared with PE? Any resonance/droning while testing Evo?

Thanks.
Old 08-30-02, 04:02 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

I would love to see a na-t conversion kit for the 2jz-ge. From Greddy. I have owned Greddy products on another vehicle for more than two years now and the have held up excellently. My particular application would be on an SC300. I am not concerned about CARB legal, just power and quality. With the supra single conversions available from Greddy, I would expect the only major change to be on the exhaust manifold needing to be changed to match the ports on the head. This would be great!! Throw one in for the GS guys too.

Thanks for asking Charles.

Take care and keep up the good work.
Old 08-30-02, 05:32 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

I am going to try and respond to all the replys.

To LexusRules:

We have no current plans to make an exhaust flow controller. We want our exhaust to remain as simple of a bolt on as possible. Also inputing a exhaust flow controler would make the exhaust system to legal for street use.

We are talking about a turbo system for the N/A 2JZ motor, but for now it is just talk.

We have no current plans to make ignition systems.

We have spoke to our Japan office on making side skirts and rear under spolier for the GS to match the front lip. Right now they are looking into that.

We are not going to make downpipes for the Lexus GS series due to street legal reason. i must alos point out that downpipes on the 8 cyl. models does not do anything but make more noise.

If you want to remove or replace the M/A/F's on the 6 cyl. models i would suggest that people buy the HKS V.P.C.

To RacingAristo:

We are looking into other possible body parts for the Lexus line up.

We are looking into drop in filters for the Lexus line up as well.

We are looking into the N/A 2JZ motor for a turbo app. However, most of the V.V.T.I. motors are not friendly to forced induction.

We are looking into improving the E-Manage for 8 cyl. use but not at this time.

To JYOO

We can not do headers due to the fact the cat is welded to the exhaust manifold piping.

To 1SICKLEX:

No one has done a complete E.C.U. upgrade that i have seen. There are plenty of piggy back systems. We will not be doing an E.C.U. due to legal reasons.

We are looking into doning something with CUSCO for the US spec GS models for a front tower bar with the factory cover in mind

All of the other thing you spoke about we most likly will not be able to offer this type of product.

To GlobeCLK:

We are looking into other types of body parts for the Lexus line up but i have no information that can be posted.

To Flexor:

We will not do anything that can not be a street legal part.

To ChrisK:

We ofer the exhaust system for the older SC but to date we have had no request to do the newer system. Not to mention that most people that have the newer SC have no interest to do so.
Old 08-30-02, 06:13 PM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

Charles GReddy,

We ofer the exhaust system for the older SC but to date we have had no request to do the newer system.
What exhaust system are we talking about? I have 95 SC400 so this exhaust system should fit, shouldn't it? How much? Where can I get more information on it?

Thanks,
Old 08-30-02, 07:45 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

Originally posted by ChrisK
Charles GReddy,

What exhaust system are we talking about? I have 95 SC400 so this exhaust system should fit, shouldn't it? How much? Where can I get more information on it?

Thanks,
10111550 SC300 Dual 1992-97 60 115 $1,050.00
To locate one of our dealers please look to our web site at www.greddy.com for a authorized dealer. As far as the exhuast fitting on the SC 400, a few of our dealers have done. We have not heard from them so i can only guess that they had no major problems.
Old 09-01-02, 10:30 PM
RacingAristo

Charles,

Is it possible for you to post some 2nd gen. GS dyno on GReddy's PE? Base line and GReddy PE or EVO. Thank you.
Old 09-02-02, 04:39 PM
Lvangundy

I'm interested in dynos for some of the exhausts also.

thx

Quick Reply: New product from GReddy