GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New UK GS430 owner with a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-11, 04:09 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
1QWKGS4,

I've never seen an L-Tuned GS online or in person that came with the TTE lip.

The car he has isn't an L-Tuned model, but most likely the Sport model. TTE stands for "Toyota Team Europe", so why would they put it on a USDM car?
Dude, just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist, one of my friends have one and this other one I have pics and you still want to question me, why don't you do the research and let me know instead of being antagonistic.. haha LOL

Edit: What I said, in the other post which you didn't read is that either its an L-tune or sport it has L-tuned wheels and that proves its probably the same stuff with different badging names for different markets.

If you want to debate with me further - just explain why The Sport comes with L-tuned Wheels then?!?

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 03-06-11 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-06-11, 04:59 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Dude, just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist, one of my friends have one and this other one I have pics and you still want to question me, why don't you do the research and let me know instead of being antagonistic.. haha LOL
Here you go, Champ.

Originally Posted by Neo
L-Tuned's Series 1 Package is comprised of a body kit, one of three wheel/tire combinations and special L-Tuned badging. The body kit, made of durable polyurethane, includes side skirts and a unique body-color grille surrounded with a laser-cut mesh insert.

The Series 2 Package includes the Series 1 components plus performance shocks and springs, a re-calibrated steering ECU and stainless steel mufflers with polished tips for a sportier look.

With each package, GS 300/400 owners will have the choice of three different wheel and Z-rated tire combinations:

* 17" x 8" OZ Superturismo Alloy Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Tires (235/45Z)
* 17" x 8" OZ Superturismo Alloy Wheels with Michelin XGTZ4 All-Weather Tires (235/45Z)
* 18" x 8" (front), 18" x 9.5" (rear) OZ Alloy Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Tires (235/40Z, front and 265/35Z, rear)
Old 03-06-11, 11:48 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Here you go, Champ.
Hey Thomas, I already know this information. You are taking this out of context. You refuse to answer the Question - Why does the "Sport" model in Europe have L-tuned wheels if it is in fact a L-tuned car re-badge for the Euro market? -- Shouldn't a Sport have "Sport" wheels instead of L-tuned wheels??

What I was trying to say to OP that you refuse to acknowledge is whether that its an L-tuned or Sports model - its basically the same car repackage for different markets with slightly different parts though the wheels you can not mistaken that is in fact an L-tuned wheel before this Sports model was conceived.. Period..

Peace out
Old 03-07-11, 04:39 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I could've sworn we were on the topic of the TTE lip. You told me to do my research about the TTE lip coming on L-Tuned models, and I did. Now you're getting angry with me about the wheels?

Anyways,

The best possible explanation for the wheels is because they are made by OZ, and not L-Tuned, so they could be put on the Sport model. I'm sure people over there would think the same thing you're thinking if they saw an L-Tuned model with the OZ Salina wheels, when they're accustomed to the Sport model.

Does this make sense?
Old 03-07-11, 04:42 AM
redlinezak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im glad i had my questions answered earlier in this thread lol.

Just wish i could out my VSC issue that suddenly occurred yesterday.

Is there any way to check if i have an upgraded steering ECU like the L tuned models did?

Thanks
Old 03-07-11, 04:43 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

VSC issue? Go scan for codes.
Old 03-07-11, 06:13 AM
redlinezak
Rookie

yeah my VSC light and VSC off light decided to appear yesterday but i think im slowly getting to the routse of the cause. Im away for 3 days but willl get the codes read at the weekend.
Old 03-08-11, 01:09 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

I could've sworn we were on the topic of the TTE lip. You told me to do my research about the TTE lip coming on L-Tuned models, and I did. Now you're getting angry with me about the wheels?

Anyways,

The best possible explanation for the wheels is because they are made by OZ, and not L-Tuned, so they could be put on the Sport model. I'm sure people over there would think the same thing you're thinking if they saw an L-Tuned model with the OZ Salina wheels, when they're accustomed to the Sport model.

Does this make sense?
No harm done, i think we were both talking about two different things..

On the wheels i know that Oz made the L-tuned wheels but they came on the Ltuned wheels Before the Sport because Ltuned cars were GS300/400 and the Sport on GS430 in Europe, as far as I know there is No Sport GS430 in the US version.. Confusing isn't it..
Old 03-08-11, 01:14 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by redlinezak
Seeing as its a bit of a rarity i might have to keep it standard now lol.

Would still be great if anyone knew any info on my original questions though just in case
BTW, how many miles you have on her?
Old 03-08-11, 02:31 AM
vscalais
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im glad i had my questions answered earlier in this thread lol.

Just wish i could out my VSC issue that suddenly occurred yesterday.

Is there any way to check if i have an upgraded steering ECU like the L tuned models did?

Thanks
Firstly, g'day from Australia. And I will say right up front - if you ever decide to part with the 18" OZ Salina wheels, put me down as No #1 please.

In Australia we only got the GS300. Damn! And to confuse everything even further, our L-Tuned GS300's look like this (no TTE lip).

I have also attached some pics of the Steering ECU with the sharper response rate.

Hope all this helps ???????????

Cheers, Dave
Sydney, NSW Australia
Attached Thumbnails New UK GS430 owner with a few questions.-9968233.jpg   New UK GS430 owner with a few questions.-9968356.jpg   New UK GS430 owner with a few questions.-l_tuned-lexis_3.jpg   New UK GS430 owner with a few questions.-l-tuned-steering-ecu-3-sportdesign2.jpg   New UK GS430 owner with a few questions.-l-tuned-steering-ecu.jpg  

Old 03-08-11, 04:23 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
No harm done, i think we were both talking about two different things..

On the wheels i know that Oz made the L-tuned wheels but they came on the Ltuned wheels Before the Sport because Ltuned cars were GS300/400 and the Sport on GS430 in Europe, as far as I know there is No Sport GS430 in the US version.. Confusing isn't it..
Yeah I think we were haha...

Hmm...so there weren't any Sport GS300's?
Old 03-10-11, 01:45 AM
redlinezak
Rookie

Been away for a few days so not had a chance to catch up.

Definately no DVD player in my car and i dont have the DVD icon on it either. I havnt tried just putting a normal DVD in the sat nav ecu box but im guessing it probably wont work??

Thanks for the info about the steering ECU i will check this out. Where is it located just to save me hunting around for hours ?

We have GS300 sport models over here i think (i seem to remeber them being advertised when i was looking for mine) but i dont know what the spec of them is.

My Car has just over 100000 miles on her at the moment.

I am planning on changing the wheels so i will keep you in mind vscalais but i think shipping may be a bit prohibitive .

Oh and BTW i fixed my VSC light issue by following the procedure mentioned in another thread regarding shorting out 2 pins in the OBD2 connector.

Cheers Nath
Old 03-10-11, 02:42 AM
vscalais
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am planning on changing the wheels so i will keep you in mind vscalais but i think shipping may be a bit prohibitive .

Cheers Nath
I really am seriously interested. No hurry, when you are ready.

Cheers Dave
Old 03-10-11, 05:41 AM
redlinezak
Rookie

Originally Posted by vscalais
I really am seriously interested. No hurry, when you are ready.

Cheers Dave
OK will let you know when i change them.
Do you know where the steering ECU is located? Also i notice in the pics you posted that the L Tuned box has a different part number than the picture of the actual ECU. Is the pic of the actual ECU a standard one?

Thanks

Nath