GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Oh My GOD! NNOOOO Oh GOD

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-02, 05:48 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Oh My GOD! NNOOOO Oh GOD

Sat. 2:30 a.m. est. I hear my car alarm going off. I look outside &
see my car completely engulfed in flames. I say to myself this must be a nightmare, this can't be happening! :eek:
I run outside only to see my car explode. The love of my life, my baby GS4 is now totally destroyed. If my car was just stock It would be easier for me to understand what just happened. Last week we had a Club lexus Meet in NY. I was excited to see all the other members & cool lex. cars. I spent my week vacation time working on my car (L-sportline rear, SRT-intakew/race ecu,Ugo roof spoiler, TTE lip, TRD-LSD,PI-TC, TM's,) I even tinted out my 01 tail lenses. I am currently involved in several group buys. I should be getting my Tein Flex,EDFC, Brakes, Tom's 6-piece, & Ugo on Mon.
Now I think I wanna die! Life can be very unfair!
I get the info. from the fire dept. & they say kids lit up 3 dumpsters & 3 cars were torched. God I currently live in a upscale luxury apt. complex. This shouldn't of happened here.
What the hell do I do now? Do I go out & get another GS?
I feel completely numb to what the hell just happened.
It almost makes me feel like not getting a nice car. I mean what the *****! What do I do now?
Paul
Old 08-24-02, 05:49 AM
LexFather

That is CRAZY! I don't know what to say!:eek:
Old 08-24-02, 07:32 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

I don't know what to say, really, but I do share the pain of your loss. I think it likely, as the acute reactions fade a little and the rational part of you is not in such shock, that you'll probably decide to get another GS for the same reasons you bought the first one. But drive the insurance co. rental for now, do the normal things that you have to do (work, etc) and let the hurt in your heart ease.

I'm sorry, brother.
Old 08-24-02, 08:02 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

you have insurance rite? ><
Old 08-24-02, 08:19 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!! That does sound like a nightmare!!!I'm still waiting for you to say April fool's or something...but it's not April. Damn bro, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know that it's hard to even think about starting all over again after you put so much into one already...it's kinda like a girlfriend...you invest time, money, effort and so much love and then when things don't work out after years of hardwork...it's like damn! why bother!! BUt....we move on to bigger and better things...it takes time to start all over again...."Time heals all wounds."

Take it easy bro and you'll be here again showing off even better Mods.

Danny
Old 08-24-02, 08:21 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

HOLY ****!!! SORRY TO HEAR THAT. That must really suck. Kill those little bastards.
Old 08-24-02, 08:41 AM
blue wax
Lead Lap

that's horrible.........

but please check with your insurance !!!

and yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

get a new GS...... think forward....

really sorry to hear something like this

Old 08-24-02, 10:58 AM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You must be very upset. I understand your pain. It just make you want to find those kids and rip their h… off. Well, there is no brighter side to this at this moment. Good luck with you future decision.
Old 08-24-02, 11:33 AM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

holy ****...I absolutely hate people that do such vandalism. No freaking reason for doing it, yet it destroys what other people work hard for. F***ing sobs..

well, after time you'll get over it. ANd may your next gs be even better.
Old 08-24-02, 01:29 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Paul,

I am really sorry to hear what happened to you car. I feel for you. Nothing is more painful than seeing your hardwork and passion destroyed due to some A..hole's random act of vandalism. I hope they catch those bastards.......

Just wait until you insurance get back to you for the coverage, then you can decide which one you want to go. Hopefully, you will be able to get an another GS and restart your mod project.

Good luck,

Kaju
Old 08-24-02, 01:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

paul...... really sorry to hear that.... i don't know what to say, i don't even believe what you have just said, this is unreal..... hope they catch those idiots this is heartbreaking...
Old 08-24-02, 02:01 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default So sorry to hear that.

Paul,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm speechless. Best of luck whatever you decide.
Old 08-24-02, 02:46 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul,

As someone who knows your love for performance I too feel your pain Bro..................yes, it hurts for now. I always have to look at the side that no one was hurt, especially you.

Your car can be replaced, you can't..............I know allot of time was spent on your GS, I am sorry along with everyone else on the CL board, we're all with you.

I'll help you out with the current things you have, take some time to think, you will be back................talk with you soon
Old 08-24-02, 02:49 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Definately get another GS! I would also move to a new complex with a security gate or maybe some place where you can choose to have a single car garage as an option.

Last edited by 400DGRZ; 08-24-02 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-24-02, 03:46 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Smile My love 4 Lexus

I think I'm still in denial. I am gonna sell my 02 M3. I am gonna get a NEW GS. That's right! Lexus for LIFE. God I miss my car!
Now I kinda know how SuperjoeX must have felt after having to leave the Lexus Family. Thanks Alot U guys! Ya make this alittle easier to take. Damn the new GS430 doesn't have E-shift.
Maybe another GS4? My decision is simple, GS is a very unique car
very different from the BMW's. More class & style. My damn car had a lot of personality. Tanks for cheering me up guys.
Yes I do have full coverage. Just got off the phone with the State Farm agent. gonna send out the adjuster mon. They even told me they would cover my mods. ??? I still have all the receipts so hopfully they will keepm there promise! I'll let you guys know how this process goes.

Paul

P.S. Hey futureGS Can you send me a pick of my car from the NY CLub Lexus meet for the insurance co. The one with the hood up.

Quick Reply: Oh My GOD! NNOOOO Oh GOD