GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ebay wood grain overlays

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-11, 09:14 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

This is the legit place i was talking about. They got 2 types of wood grain. One is synthetic and one is real wood. The real wood matches the Oem color, but its very expensive.

Originally Posted by Lextra
DON'T BUY BEFORE READING THIS....I needed to replace my stock wood that accents my shifter. I went to this website and ordered the part. It matches the stock wood perfectly I highly recommend buying from this site if you need your wood grain replaced. I considered ordering from eBay its funny because I was looking at the same add. I'm convinced I made the right decision. The Part just came today in the mail I will post before and after pics within the next few days.

If you want the tacky "wood grain all over the place look" order that. But if all you want to do is replace the stock look and feel then order from here.

http://www.carid.com/1993-lexus-gs-w...tem-45422.html
Old 03-16-11, 09:38 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sherwood dash makes good kits, real wood overlays.
Old 03-16-11, 10:06 AM
roccyGs400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't be so cheap,it looks Like Crap
Old 03-16-11, 11:06 AM
929rider
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think some people arent understanding me.
i would like to know if anyone had ever gotten a dash kit like the ones i showed?
i dont care what anyone thinks they look like. i would like more woodgrain on my dash.
Old 03-16-11, 11:22 AM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 929rider
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

here is a better ad with more pics.
i love the wood grain look on the inside.
my civic had sooooo much carbon fiber in it, i cant stand cf now.
I think that about sums it up...lol
Old 03-16-11, 11:37 AM
929rider
Driver

i loved my civic.
had it 12 years. 7 years turbo'd.
Attached Thumbnails ebay wood grain overlays-all1.jpg  
Old 03-16-11, 11:09 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doctor can we please get a woodgrain intervention? DUDE MAN!!!!!Dont do that to the GS please! Maybe there are some better kits out there made from real wood but I have not seen any. I have ,however, seen this garbage plastered all-over the dashes of many cars that have come through the shop(mostly Lincoln town cars, Chevy impalas and caprice, various s.u.v.'s,and occasional Pontiac). Now I dont know the time frame between brand-new looking and self destruct but I have only seen either white and chalky,cloudy,,,, brittle and cracked,,,,,, some here,some there,some peeling ,some M.I.A.

So here is my theory on mods , You either have;

1: Functional mod(turbo,coil-over,pistons,cams)

2: Visual mod(wheels,body-kit,paint,lights,tint)

3: Junk that you regret buying(l.e.d. valve stem caps,chrome door edge moulding,loony toons floormats,flames stickers,"carbon fiber look" shift ****,stick-on emblem that tell what size wheels you are running ie; 22"24"26"28"30"...........,cherry or coconut giant crown air freshener thing that make your car smell like a pimps lair,Type R seat covers with built-in bolsters,rainbow hologram window tint,chrome fender "ovals?", stick-on;non-functional hoodscoop,roofscoop,trunkscoop,doorscoop,anywhere scoop (if one is good two is tw0 as good),jet performance module,spinning hubcaps,chrome tail-lights w/circles,hood pins,seat belt pads,mini fire extinguisher on A-pillar R.F.U.,steering wheel cover ribbed for her pleasure,and of course STICK-ON WOOD GRAIN DASH JUNX)
disclaimer I am drunkandhigh and have not taken my medication in several days dont listen to anything I ieyes says
Old 03-16-11, 11:20 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

The ones from CARID.com are actually made out of Polyurathane and is real wood.
Old 03-17-11, 03:39 AM
929rider
Driver

Originally Posted by breadbeat
Doctor can we please get a woodgrain intervention? DUDE MAN!!!!!Dont do that to the GS please! Maybe there are some better kits out there made from real wood but I have not seen any. I have ,however, seen this garbage plastered all-over the dashes of many cars that have come through the shop(mostly Lincoln town cars, Chevy impalas and caprice, various s.u.v.'s,and occasional Pontiac). Now I dont know the time frame between brand-new looking and self destruct but I have only seen either white and chalky,cloudy,,,, brittle and cracked,,,,,, some here,some there,some peeling ,some M.I.A.

So here is my theory on mods , You either have;

1: Functional mod(turbo,coil-over,pistons,cams)

2: Visual mod(wheels,body-kit,paint,lights,tint)

3: Junk that you regret buying(l.e.d. valve stem caps,chrome door edge moulding,loony toons floormats,flames stickers,"carbon fiber look" shift ****,stick-on emblem that tell what size wheels you are running ie; 22"24"26"28"30"...........,cherry or coconut giant crown air freshener thing that make your car smell like a pimps lair,Type R seat covers with built-in bolsters,rainbow hologram window tint,chrome fender "ovals?", stick-on;non-functional hoodscoop,roofscoop,trunkscoop,doorscoop,anywhere scoop (if one is good two is tw0 as good),jet performance module,spinning hubcaps,chrome tail-lights w/circles,hood pins,seat belt pads,mini fire extinguisher on A-pillar R.F.U.,steering wheel cover ribbed for her pleasure,and of course STICK-ON WOOD GRAIN DASH JUNX)
disclaimer I am drunkandhigh and have not taken my medication in several days dont listen to anything I ieyes says
i like the disclaimer.