GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Going to do a 2jzegte aristo swap and need some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 12:41 PM
02ATLGS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Going to do a 2jzegte aristo swap and need some help

I have a 2002 gs300 and i was gonna go na-t but figured id just do an engine swap instead. i found a few websites that sell the engine 2jzgte vvti with auto tranny and all parts for anywhere between 1500-2300 .. im working with a fried of a friend who is a lexus tech that will do it for me on the side but he said its like a 30 hour job and his labor can cost between 1200-2000 depending on any fitment issues or any fabrication. question he said is hes heard of ecu issues even thow the engines come with an aristo ecu and all parts included.. Anyone that have done this or is in the proccess of this id appreciate any feed back either in thread or pm..

sincerely marco
Old 04-01-11, 01:51 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Dude, for 2k, I'd spend a couple hundred more and go to a shop and have it professionally done. 2k is a lot, especially since it's a friend of a friend. You have no assurances or guarantees, and we've all heard horror stories of how these things work out when it involves friends. Since your in Ga, I'd recommend Zen Motors in Suwannee. Dan, the owner is a fellow CL member and Lexus owner and knows the GTE drivetrain. Give them a call.
Old 04-01-11, 03:59 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

You checked out that zero lift link I posted, I see. Glad to hear you're pulling the trigger.

I have another $.02 to add. Two words:

Jeff Tsai

He is the resident guru in that dept. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-02-11, 06:42 AM
02ATLGS300
Driver School Candidate

So I talked with dan at zen motors he's here in georgia. He's a pretty straight up guy to talk with was real surprised cuz most shops don't spend much time talking with ya. So def props up to him cushe seemed very cool. Now the motor is about 2500 hundred but for the install and tuning were honestly looking at about 3500 in labor and tuning plus the engine needs to be checked and cleaned and all tuned before she goes in so im looking at around 7k total and I def cannot afford close to that. He actually has an 02 gs300 na-t boosted and even with the stock engine and the na-t setup im still gonna throw a checkengine light and I only need one stupid fail to pass here in georgia. So ... my next thoughts were a supercharger alot less labor and tuning ( cus honestly I don't need 500 hp) just another extra 80-100 to move this cars fat Azz better..lol...not gonna go nitrous had plenty in the past and was fine when I was single and younger but now as a dad and a kid in the car im not gonna go that route. ( even thow I could install one in about 45 mins since I've done so many when I raced and played around in south florida as a young 20 yr old. So I may just go and do headers and exhaust as i already have intake . Maybe a small piggy back ecu to advance a little timing for low end and correct air fuel ratio. So any body out there running that setup as I would love to hear your results and your feeling on power difference after that.

Comments and criticism welcomed
new to the Lexus gs300 and still learning

Sincerely marco

Props to Dan at Zen motor sports for being a nice guy.
Old 04-02-11, 06:57 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

A supercharger isn't gonna be any different than na-t, you still gotta do the same tuning and work around the same ecu issues.

The intake/exhaust combo will make the car a bit more fun to drive, but if you got your hopes on wanting it to actually be quite a bit faster than it is now, you won't be all that impressed. I'd go na-t..

If you plan to pay someone else to install, then FI is gonna be very expensive.
Old 04-02-11, 07:22 AM
LexCafe
Driver School Candidate

I'm plainning to do na-t to my 03 gs3. Why would a turbo set up in a stock 2jz throw a cel? Is there some engine management system that would take care of this? I can do the mechanical install myself but the electronic is what worry me.