GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

just got my dc power alt!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 12:47 PM
redlinezak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i dont have a issue with my audio OP does....

i didn't take it personally, i just respond with information i try to make as accurate as possible. he choose to ignored it and make like 10 threads asking the same questions myself and others had asked him.all were about the big 3, his battery,his lights dimming,and what not.....all of these items had been covered HELL WERE ALREADY being covered at the exact same time he made his threads. maybe he just likes making new hreads, i dunno.
Oh i wasnt saying you had issues also Sakataj i was still directing towards sorting the OP's problem with your info regards the HC2400.

Not sure about all the other threads as i havnt seen them but hopefully he (the OP) now has some more information with which to progress and some different options on ways to tackle it.

Cheers
Old 04-29-11, 02:06 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by redlinezak
Oh i wasnt saying you had issues also Sakataj i was still directing towards sorting the OP's problem with your info regards the HC2400.
i know i was teasing thats why i put that smiley. only made that comment cause you said YOUR problems in my quote and not OP's or his problems. my only audio issue is that mines unplugged while i suede my new trunk setup
Old 05-03-11, 04:57 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

that's not true....u can fit a hc2400 under-hood i have pics on here and have shown Robert this when he first started talking about all this and ALSO when i told him he needed a second battery SEVERAL times. he never bothered to listen just posted more threads so i just started to avoid them, that's why i haven't chimed into this thread YET!

i have a hc1800 under-hood and a hc2400 in the trunk but when i test fit them i was using the hc2400 under-hood and was gonna upgrade to the hc3600 in the rear but never did
brian.
i obviously remember when we started talking about all this, but i do not remember you telling me that i was going to need more battery power than what i put in. maybe i missed it or misread something, but i wouldve at least considered it form the beginning.

as for threads i posted. ive posted a few, but not THAT many as you make it sound. each was different or i couldnt find a direct answer to waht i was looking for. some of the threads i made were specifically so only the answer to the question would be there so others can use it for referance later. some threads that are made with answers to problems or questions end up being taken over with a ton of conversation out of the subject and it makes it hard to find what your looking for. OR some of the answers are within build threads or progress threads that make it very difficult to find what your looking for

ALSO i do remember that u had a 2400 in the back but i didnt think id need taht much pwoer because you are running so much more than i am. just in subwoofer power you're running like twice waht i am. i figured big three, a bigger battery and a h/o alt would be more than enough for my current set up.

Well if thats the case and a 2400 WILL drop straight in then thats possibly a good solution to your problem (or at least a first step). You may be able to sell your 1800 an recoup some of the cost and also the weight increase will not be as great as adding a second cell in the boot.

As for why the information was ignored earlier im afraid i really cant say, maybe the OP just wanted a slightly more detailed explanation as to what was causing the problem. Im sure it wasnt personal though and im sure all help and advice will be appreciated by the OP.

Thanks

Nath
yes i very much appreciate the help from all you guys. it really helps out. ive looked for answers and tried searching, but as i said, some of the stuff was hard to find or it wasnt clear if it was relative to my exact situation. hopefully the new therads i did create will be of MORE added help to the next person with similar problems/situation in search of these answers.

im going to seee if i can find a 2400 to test out and drop it under the hood and hopefully that will be more than enough and i can just sell my 1800 as you suggested. that would be great! i was even looking at the HC3800 and seeing if the measurements could somehow work so that i can drop that in the hood!!!
Old 05-03-11, 04:59 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Not sure about all the other threads as i havnt seen them but hopefully he (the OP) now has some more information with which to progress and some different options on ways to tackle it.

Cheers
yeah im going to try a battery in the trunk and see if that works. i will probably first try to find a 2400 and see if that works under the hood with nothin in the back.
Old 05-03-11, 05:09 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

i know i was teasing thats why i put that smiley. only made that comment cause you said YOUR problems in my quote and not OP's or his problems. my only audio issue is that mines unplugged while i suede my new trunk setup
brian, so based on your past measurements and test fittings, do you think its at all possible to fit a 3800 under the hood?

i have side posts on mine, so i think that could give me some slack on the height, but not sure if even that will let it fit.
Old 05-04-11, 10:05 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by robertoyou
brian, so based on your past measurements and test fittings, do you think its at all possible to fit a 3800 under the hood?

i have side posts on mine, so i think that could give me some slack on the height, but not sure if even that will let it fit.
don't recall...i posted the measurements where we discussed this before. off the top of my head i dont think so. i know the hc2400 underhood will fit and the hc3800 will fit in the trunk

BTW robert you gotta learn to multi-quote
Old 05-05-11, 12:47 AM
robertoyou
Advanced

don't recall...i posted the measurements where we discussed this before. off the top of my head i dont think so. i know the hc2400 underhood will fit and the hc3800 will fit in the trunk

BTW robert you gotta learn to multi-quote
i guess i will upgrade my 1800 to 2400 and hope this works, if not then il add another in the trunk. il see if i can test fit a 3800 and post results.

the 2400 will only fit with the cutsom figs tray/battery tie downs right?
Old 05-05-11, 12:48 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

the 2400 will only fit with the cutsom figs tray/battery tie downs right?
dunno not 100% sure but PM FIGS you know mike can make you one.....or you could try and use the HC2400 battery mount but you still have to mount it to the car
Old 05-05-11, 12:59 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

your not selling yours by any chance, are you brian?

or do you remember how much you got yours for?

(no quote, because for some reason computer at my school kicks me out everytime i try to reply with quote)

Last edited by robertoyou; 05-05-11 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-05-11, 01:26 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

your not selling yours by any chance, are you brian?

or do you remember how much you got yours for?
nope im using mine.....

had it for along time got it for the yellow top so i dont remember. PM FIGS
Old 05-06-11, 01:41 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

nope im using mine.....

had it for along time got it for the yellow top so i dont remember. PM FIGS
i dont know figs and i havnt seen any post by him.
can you give me a link to his profile?

i searched but nothing comes up by "figs"
Old 05-07-11, 07:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

i dont know figs and i havnt seen any post by him.
can you give me a link to his profile?

i searched but nothing comes up by "figs"
you may not have ever seen a post by him or dont know who he is but bs u searched.....im done helping you dude you seriously wont do anything for yourself and now your trying to tell me u searched using the keyword figs and found nothing? shenanigans, im out!

BTW I TYPED IN FIGS (NOT EVEN UNDER A USER NAME BUT BY THE KEYWORD) AND FOUND TONS OF THREADS. THE FIRST 9 THREADS THAT COME UP, 3 OF THEM ARE BY FIGS AND IT DOESN'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE OUT WHO HE IS, SINCE I LISTED HIS NAME (mike) AND HIS CL NAME (figs) SEVERAL DIFFERENT TIMES. HIS FREAKING NAME IS FIGS MAN SO DONT TELL ME YOU SEARCHED AND FOUND NOTHING. YOU INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE BY SAYING STUFF LIKE THAT

and before someone tells me to calm down im not upset....im just done helping someone who wont help themselves even when they given all the information they need
Old 05-07-11, 04:16 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what gauge wires are you running from your battery to the system?
Old 05-07-11, 06:15 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

you may not have ever seen a post by him or dont know who he is but bs u searched.....im done helping you dude you seriously wont do anything for yourself and now your trying to tell me u searched using the keyword figs and found nothing? shenanigans, im out!

BTW I TYPED IN FIGS (NOT EVEN UNDER A USER NAME BUT BY THE KEYWORD) AND FOUND TONS OF THREADS. THE FIRST 9 THREADS THAT COME UP, 3 OF THEM ARE BY FIGS AND IT DOESN'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE OUT WHO HE IS, SINCE I LISTED HIS NAME (mike) AND HIS CL NAME (figs) SEVERAL DIFFERENT TIMES. HIS FREAKING NAME IS FIGS MAN SO DONT TELL ME YOU SEARCHED AND FOUND NOTHING. YOU INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE BY SAYING STUFF LIKE THAT

and before someone tells me to calm down im not upset....im just done helping someone who wont help themselves even when they given all the information they need
i think you're taking it a bit overboard. ive seen quite a few of your posts where you go on bashing on people for "not searching" so i wouldnt be surprised if your just taking it out on my thread(s).

you tell me that a lot of my questions are/have been answered in other threads (some of which were yours), but like i said, half of those threads are like 10 pages long with hundreds of posts in each one, it gets a little ****in difficult to read every single post to look for an answer and through it all not miss what your looking for.

and no offense brian, your cool and you have quite a bit of good info and experience on here and on our gs', i've also MORE than appreciated your help and tips you've given me, but you have THREE THOUSAND times more the amount of posts than i do!! so excuse me if i dont know where everything on here is, who everyone here is or as much as you do; but obviously you spend a lot more time on cl than i possibly could.
(you'll probably say "just because i have ~12,000 posts and you only have 400 doesnt mean you can't use the search feature. this may be true, but as i mentioned above, i dont know my way around cl as well as you do, i don't recognize or remember nearly as many threads/posts as you do to know or remember where i can find specific info. you make it sound like some of the info im looking ofr is common sense. -not to me)

ANYWAY, thank you for all of your help. i've apprecaited it very much. i will keep tyring to search and find my **** so i wont re-post threads, but i cant promise each of my therads will be 100% original.

...btw. i RE-searched "figs" and once again i had the same results. i actually did find something by figs but it most DEFINITELY was not on the first page within the first 9 threads. i had to scroll over to the 4th page, which even then wasnt that far off, but i must've missed it. unless it was the ****ty computer at school that kept giving me problems to even quote.
Old 05-07-11, 06:19 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by dejavu157
what gauge wires are you running from your battery to the system?
im running a run of 0 gauge into a distribution block. which then feeds 4 gauge to full range an 0 to sub amp.

battery supply has to be my problem, ive been conviced now.
idk wtf else it could be.

havn't gotten a chance to stick another battery in the back but thats definitely my next thing to try.