GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Will it never end?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-02 | 07:31 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Angry ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Will it never end?!

God D*MNIT!!! Since DAY 1 our GS has had nothing but bad happen to it. First it was a deep-*** scratch on the trunk lid. Then it was a shower of rocks from a gravel truck. Today, my moms comes home from work and what do I see? A big-*** mother****ing DENT on the rear driver-side door, right on the crease-thing (you know what what I'm talking about. I mean *****!!!!!! This is ridiculous. The car is barely 9 months old and it looks like some POS 1998 rental-fleet, government-repo, DEA-raided crap GS. It's really sickening. My moms parks in a gated lot with cars like new Carrera, ML 55 AMG, etc. I don't know how the hell this happened and neither does she (she didn't notice it; I pointed it out to her...I don't know how the hell someone could overlook it... )

Sorry guys, I'm just so pissed off and I needed to vent. Whoever did this needs to burn in the pits of hell. This car now has $5 resale value and -42308472340% curb appeal. F***.

Last edited by SecPole14; 09-03-02 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-03-02 | 07:38 PM
GS3InPhx
Pole Position

insurance?

Sorry to hear tho...
Old 09-03-02 | 08:30 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Damn. I know how you feel about that. you try to do your best to protect you investment & the inevitable happens.

I have actually been to Goose Creek several times My sister went to school in Charlestown @ Johnson & Wales. The last imte I was there w/ the GS, I took it for a cruise downtown & ending up racing a Volvo on the back from Folley Beach.

I wish you luck & don't forget to utilize your insurance if neccessary.

Good luck.
Old 09-03-02 | 10:18 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey, don't feel bad my car is 4 months old and I have chips everywhere and like 4 dings... All noticeable... Oh, and like 5 scratches...

Last edited by MrSypher; 09-03-02 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-03-02 | 11:11 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

All unavoidable my friend. Seriously though, I'm glad I'm not old enough to own a glock because I probably would have shot and killed about a dozen truck drivers and parking lot neighbors.

My poor Lex has been victim to a beer bottle shattering in front of it on the freeway: good for shards of glass in my intake and brake vents and paint chips on the hood and bumper. Shattering fiberglass bodykit in front of me on the freeway: good for some light scratches and abrasions on the front bumper. Runaway muffler on the freeway: I dodged it! Gravel storm from a poorly packed gravel truck that brushed up on the entire passenger side of my car and numerous rocks, stones, pebbles falling from trucks and getting tossed up from truck wheels: large chip in my brand new passenger side headlight, dent in roof between windshield and moonroof and chips all over bumper. Also some stupid ****** threw her filled water bottle out of an SUV which tagged my windshield at 80mph and scared the living ***** out of me. On to the door dings, I don't know who gives them to me otherwise their cars would be twice as screwed up as mine, but I have four or five door dings and three where paint was actually completely scratched off---those were on the car before I bought it.

Of all these situations, I was powerless to do anything other than flip people off, yell obscenities that they could only make out by lip and other foolish-looking behavior. Sometimes I wish I carried porcelain spark plugs in my glove box for retribution .

I got an estimate from a dent extractor for about $1000 to pull all my dents. After haggling a bit, I told the guy that just because I drive a Lexus doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to pay his inflated prices. Sometimes I don't even think it's worth it to drive a nice car anymore because there are so many as$holes on the road that upkeep is not only costly but too stressful. Right now, I'm not as concerned about the condition of my car because an Auto Couture kit is it her future, but once that kit goes on, I will go berserk on anyone and everyone. I have an aluminum baseball bat in my trunk affectionately named "the persuader", that hasn't had much play lately .

Last edited by lex400sc; 09-03-02 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-03-02 | 11:40 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

I've been pretty lucky thus far <knock on wood>, I've had it for almost a year and the only damage sustained was done when I took it for mods ...they nicked my rear fender when I was getting my wheels put on and the muffler shop damage my AC front bumper when it was only a week old

Don't worry, your luck is bound to change soon
Old 09-03-02 | 11:50 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

I know how you guys feel...I know where everyone of my chips/dents, and scratches are. Fortunately, almost all of them are from the previous owner. makes me feel a little better knowing I had nothing to do with them. Wait till you can't stand it anymore and get them fixed!
Old 09-04-02 | 12:09 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

You should see the Dings on my GS I was sitting in my car and this Fat A$$ lady open her door to far and put a dent in my door I wanted to Kill the Beee! But I acted civilized and told her to hold on and I called the COPs and got a report and man she was mad.
Old 09-04-02 | 04:57 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

hey, at least look at it this way. you've had the damage that usually take a few years. so the chances say that you'll be worry-free for some time
Old 09-04-02 | 04:48 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Thanks for writing in and sharing your stories guys. It makes it a bit easier.

Lexlyf: Nice to see a fellow CL member who knows where Goose Creek is. It's a damn ghetto, though, the only nice part is Crowfield.
Old 09-04-02 | 05:44 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Talking

If there's any good thing to say here, it's that it's your mom's car and not YOURS!!! You might just EXPLODE if it were!!

Seriously, sorry for the damage; we all know how it feels.
Old 09-04-02 | 09:36 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by mooretorque
If there's any good thing to say here, it's that it's your mom's car and not YOURS!!! You might just EXPLODE if it were!!

Seriously, sorry for the damage; we all know how it feels.
You're very right! Somebody would be in a WORLD of pain if it was my car. The funny, well actually sad, thing is that my car doesn't even have that kind of damage. I mean it has some sratches and paint swirls but you can't really see them unless you're up close. From 5 feet away it looks brand new...But you can spot the GS's scars from a freakin' mile away.
Old 09-09-02 | 11:14 PM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Sorry Bro.! I know how you feel. I too had a door ding on my car (got it fixed at a dent pro place).

Best thing that I did was get a beater, take that to work or places where you wouldn't care about it. I have a 98' Z3 that I drive place (i.e work, school, late nite with friends etc.). I don't really care what happens to it, for the most part.

When I do go to meetings, weddings, B-day, golfing or just hanging out with the boys, I'll take my GS4 out. Besides that she in the garage looking good under her covers with excellent mileage.

Chan