GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS-F Conversion...is it worthy to be called a F?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-11, 06:09 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Amazing work. Is the wiring harness of the IS-F power seats plug-n-play?
Old 05-06-11, 07:07 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Of course running injectors at 100% duty is bad....DUH

What i'm saying is there is NO WAY you should be tapping out a 340LPH pump at 600whp, seeing as 340LPH is good to flow 1000cc injectors at 100%. For 600whp you need 700-750cc injectors.

Sinistervr, you're right, I keep forgetting about that since we don't have E85 in Canada. We either run pump, C16 or Import fuel.

Jeff, I'm running a Sard 265LPH, we'll see where I start running out of fuel.

And cmon....seriously? You supposedly have a Gallardo TT Project, plus enough money to build 2 JZS160's, and you're hard up to spend $50 to put your numbers on paper?

Last edited by Bippu147; 05-06-11 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-06-11, 07:07 AM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd pay you $50 for your dyno run -- but you'd also have to let me pick your brain. :P

Seriously.
Old 05-06-11, 07:12 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by supratp23
I would love to see a 340lph fuel pump flow enough fuel for 1,000 hp. Im going to call dumbass of the year award. Get ur facts straight before you start trying to call BS on someone. If you knew anything about the 2jz you would know the numbers Jeff is saying the car is making is very doable.
You sure about that?

Have you personally tried to run 1000hp with a 340LPH pump and ran out of fuel?

Maybe if you guys didn't run a 10 to 1 AFR you would need less fuel lol.
Old 05-06-11, 08:32 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
I'm also too cheap to pay for the dyno just to see how much HP it makes. Anyone want to spot me $50?
If that includes a ride after installing the F seats, name the time and place. I'll gladly bring the $50!!
Old 05-06-11, 08:36 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I think we can debate the hp claims and fuel pumps without calling each other names...
+1

Guys please knock off the personal commentary and name calling and keep this discussion focused on the vehicle related stuff
Old 05-06-11, 10:43 AM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

I'll wait for the video and dyno sheet before I comment on anything else. It's time to end all of the throwing around numbers stuff out the window. Ever since I. Joined CL all you have ever posted about is your 1000hp monster. In reality the car never made more than 600 before you sold the complete setup to a kid in another country. Now you're making a claim about your 24hr NA-T project makes 600hp. I don't doubt that it's capable of making that power but I highly doubt that it actually is.
Old 05-06-11, 11:08 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by starfyrels
I'd pay you $50 for your dyno run -- but you'd also have to let me pick your brain. :P

Seriously.
Lol, I was just kidding about the $50. I am constantly modifying parts and changing stuff on the car. I would be at the dyno every weekend seeing how much more or less power I make with the new changes if I was dyno crazy. I just don't find the purpose to waste $50-75 just to hop the car onto a dyno to find out how much power it makes. I mean, if you were tuning the car on the dyno that's a different story, because there's a purpose there. You can do HP by calculations on paper or go race several with a known power level(then in conjunction with weight offset) to calculate your estimated hp. It's all just physics to calculate "estimated" numbers, I can provide formulas if people want lol. I'm an electrical engineer and mechanical engineer by trade. And BTW, you can ask me questions no charge . Meet me up if you're local and I can help you out with questions and stuff.

Originally Posted by puff
I'll wait for the video and dyno sheet before I comment on anything else. It's time to end all of the throwing around numbers stuff out the window. Ever since I. Joined CL all you have ever posted about is your 1000hp monster. In reality the car never made more than 600 before you sold the complete setup to a kid in another country. Now you're making a claim about your 24hr NA-T project makes 600hp. I don't doubt that it's capable of making that power but I highly doubt that it actually is.
FYI: I never actually posted anything about the car being 1000hp, go search and I won't have anywhere I said that car was making 1000hp. The 1000hp number is for the new build I'm currently(and slowly lol) working on. The car is in pieces and doesn't even have the motor back inside it right now lol. The block going in that car has a block that is capable of holding 1400hp. Carillo H-Beam rods, CP pistons, Titan billet Mains...the whole 9. That car has been a long project started last year. When complete, that car will be dyno tuned, so I can post the couple hours of video of it rolling on the dyno and accompanying numbers lol.

The previous setup that I sold made 585whp at 23psi on e85. The dyno was "supposedly" reading low that day because Titan's car which was making around 1300whp in Florida was only reading 1100whp on the dyno at that facility. Same thing with 2 other tuner's cars out there that year, they were all reading around 15% lower than the numbers they got at home. Before you say anything about elevation...Houston, TX where the event was held is very close to sea level(it's practically next to the gulf coast of Texas). That was at the TX2k10 event and I didn't have my laptop on me that day to up the boost limit. I normally set the boost lower to keep the stress on the engine down, but it ran much more power when I would bump it to 34psi.

The 24 hr build is no longer a 24hr build. It's more like a 48hr build now . The car has a fully forged bottom end, fully built and ported head, bigger turbo, and a full fuel system. Next time, I strap the car on the dyno for some additional tuning. I'll be sure to take a video of the car making a pull and the following capture of the dyno results on the screen.
Old 05-06-11, 11:13 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, I was just kidding about the $50.
That's what I suspected. I was really just fishing for a ride in that beast.
Old 05-06-11, 11:15 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Jeff - you are truly a pioneer.. and i say skip the F badge... all your work is better than what Lexus puts out of the factory... i say make it a GS-J badge...

i wish i still lived in Dallas, i would be volunteering my time at your garage just to learn... i seriously need to find a cheap GS3 to send to you...
Old 05-06-11, 12:03 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, I was just kidding about the $50. I am constantly modifying parts and changing stuff on the car. I would be at the dyno every weekend seeing how much more or less power I make with the new changes if I was dyno crazy. I just don't find the purpose to waste $50-75 just to hop the car onto a dyno to find out how much power it makes. I mean, if you were tuning the car on the dyno that's a different story, because there's a purpose there. You can do HP by calculations on paper or go race several with a known power level(then in conjunction with weight offset) to calculate your estimated hp. It's all just physics to calculate "estimated" numbers, I can provide formulas if people want lol. I'm an electrical engineer and mechanical engineer by trade. And BTW, you can ask me questions no charge . Meet me up if you're local and I can help you out with questions and stuff.

FYI: I never actually posted anything about the car being 1000hp, go search and I won't have anywhere I said that car was making 1000hp. The 1000hp number is for the new build I'm currently(and slowly lol) working on. The car is in pieces and doesn't even have the motor back inside it right now lol. The block going in that car has a block that is capable of holding 1400hp. Carillo H-Beam rods, CP pistons, Titan billet Mains...the whole 9. That car has been a long project started last year. When complete, that car will be dyno tuned, so I can post the couple hours of video of it rolling on the dyno and accompanying numbers lol.

The previous setup that I sold made 585whp at 23psi on e85. The dyno was "supposedly" reading low that day because Titan's car which was making around 1300whp in Florida was only reading 1100whp on the dyno at that facility. Same thing with 2 other tuner's cars out there that year, they were all reading around 15% lower than the numbers they got at home. Before you say anything about elevation...Houston, TX where the event was held is very close to sea level(it's practically next to the gulf coast of Texas). That was at the TX2k10 event and I didn't have my laptop on me that day to up the boost limit. I normally set the boost lower to keep the stress on the engine down, but it ran much more power when I would bump it to 34psi.

The 24 hr build is no longer a 24hr build. It's more like a 48hr build now . The car has a fully forged bottom end, fully built and ported head, bigger turbo, and a full fuel system. Next time, I strap the car on the dyno for some additional tuning. I'll be sure to take a video of the car making a pull and the following capture of the dyno results on the screen.

So why does your sig say 1000rwhp Monster - 4 door race car?

Just because your setup can make that, doesnt mean you can claim it, until of course, you strap it up on a dyno and actually make that number. So far, that car is a 585whp car....actually, not even! You never posted a dyno sheet for that either.

You don't see me saying I have a 700WHP GS....

By the way, iPhone apps do not count as a real dyno.
Old 05-06-11, 12:05 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Oh and one thing I forgot to add earlier, Walbro's are JUNK, they are a downgrade from our stock Denso pumps, and I've never seen a Walbro actually flow 255lph under resistance.
Old 05-06-11, 12:19 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subbed for this epic showdown. Two great minds in one place! ^^
Old 05-06-11, 12:41 PM
RLGS300
Lead Lap

YE this is a great showdown, two guys who really know what they are talking about!
Old 05-06-11, 01:19 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This reminds me of the Obama birth certificate debate.

Quick Reply: GS-F Conversion...is it worthy to be called a F?