GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Stolen!! 02 gs300 sd

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 03:03 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sorry to hear man
Old 05-05-11, 03:04 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMJNKY
Damn as a new GS owner myself I'm sorry for your loss. I'll never start modding my car until I have garage space. That car is so clean I'd be vigilant in getting it back. Even though the fanciest alarm couldn't stop a tow truck some sort of gps tracking would be vital to recovering this car w/ only liability coverage.
If that ain't the truth, I had a honda accord (hooked up) years ago stolen from in front of my crib. Theives are slick they came on Garbage night knowing no one would look out the window if they heard a truck motor. They flat bedded my car which was found weeks later in another bourough stripped. I had a viper alarm and that ment nothing.
Old 05-05-11, 03:09 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

man that sucks. I'm really sorry to hear. But man, living out in Jersey you gotta have full coverage, car theft out there is insane. Sorry again for your loss, I hope it was only out for a joy ride and not to a chop shop, I hope they recover it
Old 05-05-11, 03:12 PM
RLGS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow insane, to even think that it is possible to do such a thing, so ruthless and barbaric, this stuff drives, the theives know they cant start the car by breaking in, so why mess around they just take the whole car,, crazy! WIsh you luck and hope that you find your car!
Old 05-05-11, 06:33 PM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will keep an eye out. I drive a truck in all over jersey. From totowa to fort dix. All the best bro.
Old 05-05-11, 08:20 PM
Monkeyyy
Driver

Thank you all. I hope it gets recovered asap. Even if it gets a little beat up ill rebuild her. As for owing anything, no I didn't. Paid cash and bought from the original/1st owner back in july. Hasn't even been a year that I owned it. And they took the car monday..which is recycle day in my area. Didn't even think of that. Sons of *****es. Not knowing the fate of it makes it so much worse. When my Integra got jacked I knew I would atleast get a shell back..with the gs I can't even tell if ill ever see it again :/
Old 05-05-11, 09:07 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
stock parts go for a lot, esp on 1. Lexus 2. Sport design.
Yep and the first thing you can kiss goodbye are the sports design headlights.
Old 05-05-11, 10:10 PM
lexybaby77
Lead Lap

sorry to hear about your car!!!!
Old 05-05-11, 10:18 PM
baydriver
Driver

Hope you get your car back in one piece, making me think about getting full coverage.
Old 05-05-11, 10:44 PM
Original
Driver School Candidate

Wow.. I guess thieves are after everything, stock car or modded. SMH
Old 05-06-11, 06:22 AM
Lexlthr
Pole Position

Damn! That sucks! Hope you get her back in one piece.
Old 05-06-11, 06:54 AM
Monkeyyy
Driver

The headlights are the green chrome ones..the previous owner swapped them out because they were getting hazy. If it gets parted im sure the interior will be first to go. Im just hoping to get her back at all.
Old 05-06-11, 07:44 AM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

First off, i'm sorry this happened to you. Sucky situation to be in

Even though this is after the fact and it won't make things better and you probably already know this now, you should have gotten full coverage. Especially living in a state that is widely known for some of the most thefts/carjackings in the nation.
You paid cash for the car (don't know how much you paid, but assuming it was around 10K or more) so you had no car note, but you couldn't afford to pay full coverage insurance? That is high risk gambling right there with little reward.

I hope you find your car, but being that you said it was towed away most likely means that these were not some punk kids looking for a joy ride. Most likely these guys were pros and IF you do find your car, it will be worthless to you. But it is highly unlikely you will ever see your vehicle again. Not trying to be a debbie downer, just a realist. But, here's to hoping that it comes back to you in mint condition.

I can see not getting full coverage on a beater car that i only paid like 2K for because if it's totaled or stolen, it's not much of a loss. But on a luxury car like a Lexus where parts and repairs are expensive, and if some nutjob decides to be driving drunk one day and T-bones you, you're looking at a totaled vehicle or big repair bill for body damage and paint. Depending on what the damage is, a repair shop can easily present to you a bill of 3K and up for fender/body damage repainting. A $250 deductible with full coverage insurance sounds much better though.

We all want to save money and feel like we are "getting ahead", but somethings are just not worth taking the risk. Like the guy who says condoms and birth control are too expensive and he can't afford it, so he'll take the risk and go without them. Big gamble and a child pops up. Taking care of that child for 18 years+ will be FAR more expensive than a pack of condoms or birth control.

For your next car, i would definitely encourage you to get full coverage even if it means cutting back on some of the "luxuries" we enjoy each month. In my experience, Geico has some of the cheapest rates
Old 05-06-11, 08:43 AM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

damn stealing cars with tow trucks... they are good out there in NJ
but sorry to say that car is not coming back.
If they took the effort to steal it with a towtruck they are gonna completely strip it and probably never be found again
Old 05-06-11, 08:53 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

sorry to hear about your bad luck.. i'll keep my eye out, I am also around paterson... but look online to see if any of your parts hit craigslist or ebay... good luck...

Quick Reply: Stolen!! 02 gs300 sd