GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How often does your GS get compliments?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-02, 10:57 AM
Murph
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do get many compliments on "Veronica". I think that I keep her so clean inside and out that it helps. People cannot believe it's a '99 with 65K on the clock. I also never have to worry about where the valet will park her. A clean and shiny black GS always looks great especially at night.

Murph
Old 09-09-02, 11:37 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

me too.... I get compliments left and right. There aren't too many GS's around here . The ones that I do see in my area are usually STOCK

Overheard something funny one night, though. I was in this bar and a guy walks in and says to his buddy "hey dude, U gotta see this!! There's a Lexus outside that looks like the freakin' BatMobile!!!"

Never heard that one before..... Got a kick out of it though......guess I'll take it as a compliment..lol

Eric

Last edited by ebruce2; 09-09-02 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-09-02, 11:56 AM
Jmill427
Driver School Candidate

I get a lot of complinents - best one was by the cop that pulled me over last week.

Got me a ticket and on he way out turned around and said - "Nice car".
Old 09-09-02, 12:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by alexus

they wanted to ticket you)
yup, i was afraid of that too coz' i don't have front licence plate. but seemed like they were enjoying
Old 09-10-02, 01:38 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

None for me, (almost none). It might be because their is a Lexus dealership right across the street from where I live. Too many damn Lexus in this town! Not to mention a Audi, Porsche, and BMW dealer also. So the car rarely stands out. Also I see so many M5, which makes me sick... (I feel so inferior when they pass me by)
Old 09-10-02, 01:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by KILLERGS4
None for me, (almost none). It might be because their is a Lexus dealership right across the street from where I live. Too many damn Lexus in this town! Not to mention a Audi, Porsche, and BMW dealer also. So the car rarely stands out. Also I see so many M5, which makes me sick... (I feel so inferior when they pass me by)
i don't know exactly but i know there is a town/city in maryland where it's like the money are all made there..... everyone is freaking well off..... if you are really in that city, i wouldn't be surprised people look at your gs just like we look at civic..... i have a friend living there and he says he can see ferrari at will.......
Old 09-10-02, 01:50 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I think I get my compliments because of my age. When they factor in my age into the car, then they think it's a nice car and compliment. Otherwise, if it's my sister or my mom driving it, or even my dad, it's just an average car, except to the people on Clublex.

The compliments I got when I first got it at school were gazillions... I love the faces of the incoming freshman every year.
Old 09-10-02, 01:55 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Funniest moment in Lexus time

One of the best moments for my GS was when I pulled into the parking lot of a Mexican Restaurant and 4 teens looked out the window. When I entered the place they were coming out and went over to check out my ride. After 5 minutes or so they came back in to tell me how sweet my car was and finished their food.

You swear they just saw Britney butt naked-but then I would of been there too.
Old 09-10-02, 02:59 AM
MarkMacGS4
Pole Position

I get compliments and looks all the time. Its kinda nerve-wracking especially considering that the SF Peninsula is a high car-theft area. But my best story is:

Me and the lady met with her girlfriends and their boyfriends for dinner in San Fran. I pull up to the valet, tip him nicely, and proceed to go inside for dinner. It turns out the people we are dining with are all freakin Honda/Acura boy-racers. Well we don't talk cars all nite but we stay until closing. We all walk out together and what do you see right smack dab in the front of the restaurant even before I give up my valet ticket...yups...the GS4 sittin on those brand spankin new 19's with the L-Tuned drop.
All those guys we are eating with go absolutely ape-***** over the car. One dude looks like he's bout to nut in his pants while he's crouched over the SSRs. So I sneak over to the valet and get my keys and what do I do while they are still drooling over the Lex? I hit the alarm button for two seconds and the windows and sunroof all creep down and everyone just bout *****s their pants. Me and the lady jump in and zoom off into the nite leaving them all with Lex-envy.

Its worth the car payment every month.

Peace
Old 09-10-02, 09:42 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

MarK, nice story.. ... Well, I got another one today... But it was about me not the car, well the car cause it.. I went into this spot that my company does business with to give somebody a envelope.. As I walked in the guy behind the desk goes, "yo, Mike.. That's you outside??" I was like yeah.. He was like hold up let me go see that.. Then he asked me if those were 18's. I don't know why everyone thinks my 20's are freaking 18's.. As we walked outside his jaw dropped.. Then he was like, hey Mike man, I can talk with ya but I definetly can't walk with ya....
Old 09-10-02, 10:19 PM
RacingAristo

Only got 1 compliment from a korean girl from the traffic light. Too many nice cars in my neighborhood.
Old 09-11-02, 12:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Only got 1 compliment from a korean girl from the traffic light. Too many nice cars in my neighborhood.
dennis, you don't get any compliments if you go to monterey park?
Old 09-11-02, 07:03 PM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

I don't get many compliments...I just have people run over curbs or rear end the car in front of them because they are staring so hard.

Todd
Old 09-11-02, 10:39 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys, I don't understand how you don't get compliments on your cars...???... I live in Greenwich where everyother car is a Benz, Beemer, Lex, or Porsche with the occasional Bentley or Rolls rolling around.... Not including all the F@cking Ferrari's that are here too.. And with all those cars I still seem to get compliments. Hey, even if they are stuck up here at least they still know class and style... And can't say the same for where you guys live... And for what it's worth your GS's are PHAT.... Hey c'mon now you got what everyone wants....
Old 09-11-02, 11:10 PM
Alewifebp
Driver

Even though my car is stock, it still is blue, and that adds to a lot of the compliments that I get. Plenty about the color. But I either get a lot of direct compliments or you get the stare.

It really all depends on where you go. I was once at a nearby mall that has a mixed clientele, and as i'm coming down one of the parking lanes, I get to the end, and a Civic is passing in front of me with three 18-20 year olds in it. All of there jaws dropped simultaneously. I couldn't help but laugh.

Once at Starbucks, my car was parked right in front, and this kid goes to his friends "dude, check out that hot Lexus out there!" I quitely leave and hop in, watching their gawking eyes.

And lastly, driving in Times Square, theres this couple that was a little older and must have been southern, says to me while I'm stopped, "that's a bad *** car." I'm like, "yeah, I know."

Quick Reply: How often does your GS get compliments?