GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How often does your GS get compliments?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-02, 06:42 PM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i get compliments everyday.......even old ladies.......they like the color.........

i give kids something to dream about .......... i remember the days stairing at z28's.........
Old 09-12-02, 07:45 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

How often does your GS get compliments?
Heh

Every Stop light. or should i say everytime i stop..... actully i get it alot when im rollin too....

final answer...

Anywhere... and everywhere
Old 09-12-02, 07:52 PM
RacingAristo

Originally posted by rominl

dennis, you don't get any compliments if you go to monterey park?
I seldom go to Monterey Park. If I do go, it's probably with my friends. Which car do you think people would compliment, new M3, Porsche, or GS430? They always take the glory....
Old 09-13-02, 12:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo

I seldom go to Monterey Park. If I do go, it's probably with my friends. Which car do you think people would compliment, new M3, Porsche, or GS430? They always take the glory....
well if you park besides a m3 or porsche with my 19" i think i just get too many eyes from the street..... didn't even dare to park it outside
Old 09-13-02, 01:51 AM
zxlr8
Pole Position

This is kind of related... I was visiting a fairly wealthy relative of mine. He has a brand new tt and other nice cars but I had my gs sitting in his driveway in Sioux Falls. anyways this line of modded cars stops across the street..integras etc... and gets out to take pictures of my dirty gs I drove in rain the night b4.
Old 09-13-02, 03:53 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

I got my share of compliments, thumbs-up, what kind of car is that?, that's a nice car, what do you do for a living?,lot's of eye-balling and 180 degree neck turning and lots of WOW!

The best compliments I like are when I'm driving and see cars trying to catch up with me just to check out my car and after a few minutes, they back off and drive there usuall 55mph. I like driving around 75-80mph on the freeway so it's fun see cars chasing me down. The best part about it is when is see the face reaction on the bmw, audi, and benz drivers. Hahaha...now that makes my day!
Old 09-13-02, 05:05 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

This is gonna sound kinda lame, but the thing that people end up saying to me most, after I show them all the little gadgets and what not is, " Does it drive itself too? "

ShOwGS
Old 09-13-02, 05:42 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Angry Not much...

This lamborghini diablo keeps rolling up where I am (clubs)...needless to say my poor GS isn't going to be the talk of the town with that beast there.

R
Old 09-13-02, 06:16 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink all in the attitude....

ok, here are some of the highlights...

1. time: 1995
lex: cpo 93 gs300, dark blue, sqeeky clean of course

as one of my ex-babe and i were waiting for our car from the valet..so were this mid 40s couple...my car got pulled up first, as i made sure my gal got into the car, i heard the lady whispered to her hubby, "we should get this car next time..."..i turned, and said, " i just keep it clean..good night..".
got into the car, checked the mirror, they got into a bmw 5ers...

2. time: 02
location; san gabriel valley, LA
car: 99 gs4, blk/blk

we went on this date and my babe was trying to set up her friend with this guy....after dinner, we were all discussing which club to stop by, and whose car to take...apprantly, the guy has a NEW m3..but the girl casually made a joke to him(as he offered to drive) by saying.." is the new m3 reliable? we will make it to the club right? cus, my last one had soo many problems....may be we should take william's car....he fixed up really nicely..."...

all i could was sat there and smile and said, "nah, let's take the m3...."
well, Ms and porsches do get their attentions...so are the nicely done GS.....as i said, it is all in your attitude....call me anything you want, but i do not think german cars are the only attention getter in this materialistic town... ..

and if a nice ride is the only thing a guy can offer to attract girls...whatelse does he have to offer...
Old 09-14-02, 12:07 AM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, everytime I see a nicely done GS I gooo nutttts!!

Just in the past 2 weeks I've seen 4 GS's in the Chicago area with mods (all had rims at the minimum) and each time I see one I want a GS more and more.

Just today, on the way too school, (I carpool with 4 other friends) and at a 4-way stop we saw a black GS4 sittin' on 19s or 20s and the 2 gurls in the car we're both like, "that car is sooo hott!".

the 2 guys (fans of bmw and audi) didn't respond, but i yelled "it's a pimped lexus GS!!" That made my day, when two fine gurls call a car hot, you know you can't go wrong drivin' one

Old 10-07-02, 12:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I got a great compliment this weekend from a passenger in my GS this weekend and thought of this thread.

Previously, my favorite passenger compliment was from a friend of mine that races those small Ford-spec racecars. I just had my rear chassis brace and LSD put in and went to an empty industrial park on a Sunday to test it all out. He said "this thing handles as good as my racecar. It stays just as flat - amazing".

Get a fair number of compliments from spectators - many more now that I have aftermarket wheels on the car. IMO they make a big difference in the 'draw' to the car.

The new favorite passenger compliment was from my girlfriend this weekend. Background for those whom I haven't met - she and I are fairly competitive (she drives an NSX which is *just a little* slower than my GS in a straightline . I was driving hard in downtown Charlotte from stoplight to stoplight and was rushing to make it to the drycleaners before they closed. Power was on, VSC was off and I just mashed it wide open at a couple of lights.

At the second light she laughed and turned to me and said "You know, when you take off like that it pushes me back hard in the seat and sometimes it cracks my back. You just popped it twice". She admitted I'd done it before and she hadn't told me because she thought it would go to my head. Too funny!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-07-02 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-07-02, 10:34 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

That is too funny. My girl does the same crap..