GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Just a bit of BASS

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-11, 11:01 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is one huge base! 1990s sound systems were the best!
Old 06-02-11, 01:47 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damnnnn i bet that ish hits hard
Old 06-02-11, 02:34 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

do all your passengers feel like

Old 06-02-11, 09:47 AM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Originally Posted by 2gsfowner
DAMN. You over killed it bro. lol
I like Bass. but that is just over.
I would like to have some spaces in my trunk for loading my 24 packs.
lol. The first set up was. The second set up in fine for me. My dad had DJ equipment in the house we had to go BIG. We got 2 JBL monitors each with 2 18" and a 18" mic. About the beer... I have to unpack it to fit on the left.

Originally Posted by speedaddic
huh? I never said anything about black. If you look at that video, there's different races there....The song is about BASS
just jokin around

Originally Posted by BiggVinh
do all your passengers feel like
Some yes. lmao

btw thanks for the comments everybody.
Old 06-04-11, 04:20 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by lexybaby77
Hello, where did you get your wood dash trim? Or it cam with it?
Is just the ebay gell stickers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...Q5fAccessories

Originally Posted by HellaG35
theres this custom box that fits where the seats are "suppose" to go down and it saves space too.
looks pretty nice, i dont have any pictures though haha
yea, but you suffocate the woofers and doesnt hit as hard. Main purpose for those is to well, save space. Good way to burn a woofer too.

maybe I should post pics of my system
Old 06-05-11, 12:36 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought I was going to be impressed when I clicked on this thread, then I saw the brands... I knew it was going to be an instant fail.
I know the peek rating of 1800w amp and 1200w subs sounds impressive, but in reallity, you're nowhere near that wattage nor can the amp or subs ever produce/handle that amount of power.
Old 06-05-11, 12:52 AM
Acidic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lulz.... At least it seems like the box sizes may be in the right ballpark and adding a batt + 0ga was smart. Most people add a cap and think it's going to fix something. I can say though that my first setup was no less ridiculous..... go forth and learn!

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/
Old 06-05-11, 12:59 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2gsfowner
DAMN. You over killed it bro. lol
I like Bass. but that is just over.
I would like to have some spaces in my trunk for loading my 24 packs.

My 24 fit just fine with 12's

Originally Posted by HellaG35
theres this custom box that fits where the seats are "suppose" to go down and it saves space too.

looks pretty nice, i dont have any pictures though haha
I made that box just for this car. It kinda sucks compared to the previous ported box I had, but functionallity is more important. There is barely enough air space for the 12"' P3's, so it sounds ok. My DB reader only goes up to 132dbs on low frequencys, so I'm not sure what my peak is, but it hits 132dbs all day on a sealed box. Not bad for a 12 year old 500w amp
Old 06-05-11, 03:21 AM
krazyl3gz
Driver

.... So your first set up was mixing woofers in the same enclosure?! Why do you have six tweeters now? Not trying to be an *** but I don't see the purpose of either setup. I would throw away the capacitor too, just an extra load on your electrical system.

When you read power ratings look for the RMS and not the "peak wattage". Companies like Kenwood toss on those big numbers for marketing.

The 9104D puts out 900 watts at 2 ohms and 500 at 4 ohms.

The KAC-8401 puts out about 60 watts x 4
Old 06-05-11, 07:13 AM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
I thought I was going to be impressed when I clicked on this thread, then I saw the brands... I knew it was going to be an instant fail.
I know the peek rating of 1800w amp and 1200w subs sounds impressive, but in reallity, you're nowhere near that wattage nor can the amp or subs ever produce/handle that amount of power.
ok. i did not say best set up. I know kenwood is not the best brand out there but it still kicks pretty hard. You cant say its an instant fail and u did not hear it so relax.

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz
.... So your first set up was mixing woofers in the same enclosure?! Why do you have six tweeters now? Not trying to be an *** but I don't see the purpose of either setup. I would throw away the capacitor too, just an extra load on your electrical.
With the 4 subs i did not have the extra battery so i could never play it at its full power + the bass was a bit much even with 6 tweeters. Now its pretty even. If you have an amp in mind which one. Everybody in entitled to there own opinion. I like how it sounds and i dont car about functionality too much.
Old 06-05-11, 08:12 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 24 fit just fine with 12's
excpect nothing less from THE FONZ....
Old 06-05-11, 06:50 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
we like the cars...the cars that go boom...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaeNelsAOGo
I love you tigra and bunny. You make me go boom!
Old 06-05-11, 08:52 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NYGS3ANDY
ok. i did not say best set up. I know kenwood is not the best brand out there but it still kicks pretty hard. You cant say its an instant fail and u did not hear it so relax.
Look bro, I'm just saying Kenwood is nothing to brag about. I don't need to hear your system to know that those Kenwood SVC subs can't bump worth a $h!t. I'm sure you are most likely confusing rattle for bass
Sorry to sound like an a$$, but maybe you should chnage your title, so people don't expect something else, just saying!
Old 06-05-11, 08:57 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Look bro, I'm just saying Kenwood is nothing to brag about. I don't need to hear your system to know that those Kenwood SVC subs can't bump worth a $h!t. I'm sure you are most likely confusing rattle for bass
Sorry to sound like an a$$, but maybe you should chnage your title, so people don't expect something else, just saying!
Yea, being an audiophile myself, I came in expecting something bombish... However I envy him, I wish I could be satisfied with simplicity cause sadly I paid more for one of my amps than his whole system
Old 06-05-11, 11:04 PM
krazyl3gz
Driver

With the 4 subs i did not have the extra battery so i could never play it at its full power + the bass was a bit much even with 6 tweeters. Now its pretty even. If you have an amp in mind which one. Everybody in entitled to there own opinion.
Well the whole point is that you had two sets of different subs playing the SAME frequencies. The subs don't sound the same and are conflicting. I guess an example would be like using your home theater surround sound with your tv at the same time.

For the amp situation I just stated that the numbers you listed aren't accurate. Many manufacturers use the "peak" power handling numbers as a marketing scheme to show the largest number possible (Hence the reason you'll see THREE THOUSAND WATTS slapped on some cheap amplifiers or subwoofers).

I like how it sounds and i dont car about functionality too much.
Conflicting statement?

Again, not trying to bash you. Just suggesting you could have got a better matched component set with higher power handling capability (to get louder) instead of getting 6 tweeters.

Quick Reply: Just a bit of BASS