GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Just a bit of BASS

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 09:22 AM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Look bro, I'm just saying Kenwood is nothing to brag about. I don't need to hear your system to know that those Kenwood SVC subs can't bump worth a $h!t. I'm sure you are most likely confusing rattle for bass
Sorry to sound like an a$$, but maybe you should chnage your title, so people don't expect something else, just saying!
Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Yea, being an audiophile myself, I came in expecting something bombish... However I envy him, I wish I could be satisfied with simplicity cause sadly I paid more for one of my amps than his whole system
Well sorry to disappoint. I do know the difference about rattle and bass tho. On my eq i cant go pass -2 bass most of the time bc the rattling kicks in. Most of the stuff i did not even pay for i got the 1800w amp and the capacitor for $100 then bought the extra battery and the wires. the 12s and 10s where just sitting around in my garage. Last this is a forum so i though i would just share what i have and get some input. I am always open for ideas guys so shoot some good manufactures at me and i will check them out. I was thinking to go JBL. Something 2-ohm or does that not matter?

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz
For the amp situation I just stated that the numbers you listed aren't accurate. Many manufacturers use the "peak" power handling numbers as a marketing scheme to show the largest number possible (Hence the reason you'll see THREE THOUSAND WATTS slapped on some cheap amplifiers or subwoofers).
I c now.

Last edited by NYGS3ANDY; 06-06-11 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-06-11, 04:03 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Hertz Audio
Focal
Morel
Rainbow Audio
Audison
Zapco

just to name a few. Whether its 1ohm 2 ohm 4 ohm or whatever, it doesnt really change the sound, actually not even noticeable to the ear, only on paper. All the ohms (impedance) does is regulate how it draws power from the amp; the lower the number, the more demanding it is of the amp, however you will need an amp that can handle that low of an impedance. Talk to whomever audio person you're buying from for proper application. I've done some work for people who bought the wrong configured woofers and the amp WOULD have been the right size, but because the impedance was incorrect, they only got half the power the amp could give. and remember, an expensive 'low power' amp will put out more than a cheap 'high powered' amp, this is due to true efficiency. i.e S/N Ratio, damping factors etc.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 06-06-11 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-07-11, 08:50 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you removed the oem sub? Also, you need to mat the rear deck, those things are a must.
Then you can start working on getting a better system. Nothing like American subs and amps! Also, the older the better, for the most part.
Old 06-07-11, 03:30 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

I'd like to know if that box is ported cause it looks WAY too big for a sealed. The 12's look off centered so I'm assuming its because a port is in there, but pointed backwards. Not a good idea, its always better to have the port and woofers on the same baffle.

As for american subs, I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. I go over seas for sound quality