GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS at the Inner Harbor, quick photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-11, 01:12 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by dungut
I think your body pieces are the best oem+ flow. Props for a good looking ride.
lol, my thoughts exactly......i have the exact same setup. took me about 1.5 years to collect them all but they do honestly flow so well with the gs i thought it was worth the wait

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Yea L-tuned sides and TTE lip is the best combo...
and you forgot the l-sportline rear to top it all off...

OP car looks great man. this OEM color has been growing on me more and more lately. please remove the chrome around the tails and the L badges from the rear windows and its perfect.
Old 06-12-11, 01:22 PM
try2fndmrk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

color is unique, idk bout them chrome trimmings around the tails but other than that looking realll goood :]
Old 06-12-11, 01:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Looking good as always Kevin! Love the aquarium there, used to be a member when I lived in MD and could get there relatively easy.
Old 06-12-11, 03:06 PM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice shots buddy, but I'm not a big fan of the chrome around tail lights.
Old 06-12-11, 04:32 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Cars looking good man.
Originally Posted by Seize
Nice shots! Your car looks great
Originally Posted by dungut
I think your body pieces are the best oem+ flow. Props for a good looking ride.
Originally Posted by tmf2004
Yea L-tuned sides and TTE lip is the best combo...

Car looks awesome.. Nice pics..
Originally Posted by puff
Nice pics. I actually drove my GS down to Baltimore last summer when I took the family to the Harbor.
Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Great shots!
Originally Posted by miaristo
GS looks great. Also love the color too.
Originally Posted by jadu
nice pier shots! nice place to shoot
Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Looking good as always Kevin! Love the aquarium there, used to be a member when I lived in MD and could get there relatively easy.
Thanks, all, for the feedback.

Yes, the L-Tuned Sides/L-Sportline Rear/TTE Lip was always my favorite bodykit, made popular by some CL OG's. Thanks to their pioneering of this combo, they made my decision a no-brainer when it came time to decide on my body kit.

Dave, I never knew you spent some time in MD. BTW, the CL community has made my Lexus ownership experience the last 7 years exponentiallymore enjoyable. Actually, without CL, I likely would have never bought a Lexus. Seeing all the potential of what a Lexus could be is what enticed me to get one myself. And through this site, I have made many lifelong friends. Just wanted you to know that you and this site are much appreciated. I hope this finds you well....

Last edited by KevinGS; 06-12-11 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-12-11, 04:54 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDMJNKY
Very clean..I think that chrome tail light trimming flows w/ your car well.
Me too

For 7 years, the chrome tails have clearly been the most controversial mod I have done to my car. For me, yes, it's a little edgy, but looks fine, especially in person. Since I undoubtedly have the chrome theme on my GS, it seems to flow well to me. But certainly for many, it's much too gaudy and garish. I completely understand. To each his own. It actually blends in a little better in person than in pictures, where it can really catch your eye in some shots.

But thanks for all the feedback, I do respect CL's opinions, which is why my car is CL-inspired. Since the car has looked like this for 7+ years and 200,000 miles, the chances of its look being altered is slim to none. The car is going to look like this until it stops running, because I'm going to drive until it drops.

Originally Posted by Automan
Kevin great to see you still around man and with the GS! Great pics I still have my extra Lexus badges on the sides too. I still like them but was thinking about taking them off soon just because it was part of the old look but I am still debating.
Wassup, Automan! My car is a 2001 430, 10 years old, with 215,000 miles and counting. My car is old, nostalgic in a sense. I love the "old look", and it still looks good to me. LOL

Originally Posted by perry05g35
Paint is amazing. Car is the cleanest oem looking lexus I've EVER seen on the forums. The chrome on the headlights actually flow very well. I'd get a chrome trunk bar and ditch the chrome tails.
Wow, thanks for that generous comment about my paint. That's quite a complement, Perry. And, yes, it's the original paint.

I went badgeless almost immediately, 'cause I've always liked that look. As for the chrome trunk bar, I actually tried it out, without the chrome rings. And then I tried out the rings without the chrome bar........and the rings won out. It suited my tastes better. For my car, the chrome trunk bar falls into the same category as the chrome door handles, chrome pillars and the VIP rain guards: They look great when implemented on the right car, but just not for me on my car.

But that's why CL is great, the variety of mods and ideas. You pick and choose what you like. Ultimately, I think modding is the fine art of knowing when to "stop". When it comes to chrome, this is certainly the case.

For some, I crossed the line and should have stopped...for many others, especially in person, it's just dandy.

Last edited by KevinGS; 06-12-11 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-12-11, 05:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm amazed that this car has 200k miles and looks this good.. Definitely well taken care of..
Old 06-12-11, 05:38 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

What's the antenna on the rear window for?
Old 06-12-11, 06:00 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

What's the antenna on the rear window for?
My hard-wired cellphone in the car...still works too, use it all the time. Hey, like I said, it's an old-school, nostalgic GS.
Old 06-12-11, 06:17 PM
twoloose
Driver

Nice shots, clean car.
Old 06-12-11, 06:18 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
My hard-wired cellphone in the car...still works too, use it all the time. Hey, like I said, it's an old-school, nostalgic GS.
What?! Pictures please!
Old 06-12-11, 07:45 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice pics, especially like the shots from the boat. Car looks great, I'd love to have that body combo as well, flows perfectly with the car. Glad to see you're still rocking the GS strong after all that time!
Old 06-12-11, 08:32 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh my god! This some of the most kempt paint I have ever seen. And shiny! It looks like the whole car has been dipped in tire shine. Car looks great and pics make it look even better.
Old 06-12-11, 09:03 PM
USMCLexus
Driver

One of the best looking GS300 imo! Wow
Old 06-12-11, 09:50 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

What?! Pictures please!
And it's an old flip phone at that! This phone is now just the GS "car phone", as I of course carry around another phone now.

Originally Posted by twoloose
Nice shots, clean car.
Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Nice pics, especially like the shots from the boat. Car looks great, I'd love to have that body combo as well, flows perfectly with the car. Glad to see you're still rocking the GS strong after all that time!
Originally Posted by breadbeat
Oh my god! This some of the most kempt paint I have ever seen. And shiny! It looks like the whole car has been dipped in tire shine. Car looks great and pics make it look even better.
Originally Posted by USMCLexus
One of the best looking GS300 imo! Wow
Thanks, all. And, USMC, it's a 430... Here's my recent gas station shot. Paint's holding up well after all these years and miles....

Last edited by KevinGS; 06-12-11 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: GS at the Inner Harbor, quick photoshoot