GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Programming the remote

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-02, 04:05 PM
mvpkop
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Programming the remote

I read in the manual that the windows can also be programmed to go up from the remote. When I questioned the my Lexus Dealer about it they said they tried but it would'nt go up. Do any of you guys have this feature programmed into the remote?

It would make sense though especially if it was to start raining and you left the sunroof open, but you don't want to runout and put the key in and then close the window!!!

Last edited by mvpkop; 09-11-02 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-11-02, 05:18 PM
mmeyerkopf
Driver School Candidate

If you read closely in the BEST setting forms you will see that this feature is designated as "Not Available in North America"

Don't know why, something to do with safety laws I suspect.
Old 09-11-02, 08:30 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry

I know I hate that.
I love the fact you can roll them down with the remote but not up.
The other one I hate is that you have to be in park to operate the memory buttons on the door.

The seat memory on mine is the same position for 1 and 2 only the passenger side mirror goes down so I can see my back wheel and the curb. I hate the fact that you have to be in park to get this to work.

This is where BMW has it over Lexus. Put it in reverse and the mirror goes down automatically.
Old 09-11-02, 10:05 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by alexulan

The seat memory on mine is the same position for 1 and 2 only the passenger side mirror goes down so I can see my back wheel and the curb. I hate the fact that you have to be in park to get this to work.
so true. i have remote start, so i turn on my car and when i enter, i have to hit the memory button to get my steering column down to the proper position. hell, my mom's '89 MB 560SEL has more functions then the GS seats(minus lumbar) and the rear seats are also heated and movable
Old 09-13-02, 07:31 PM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

Originally posted by alexulan
I know I hate that.
I love the fact you can roll them down with the remote but not up.

How can i set my remote to roll the windows down?
Old 09-13-02, 07:47 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jbbnet

This is part of the C-Best settings, and can be programmed by the dealer.
Old 09-14-02, 05:23 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what? yours doesn't? i see you have a '98, so i guess that may be the difference. its done on at least the newer cars by just holding the unlock button and they all fly down with the sunroof.

you sales rep may have forgotten, as mine told me about it as i was holding the key and ready to ride off into the sunset. that's a nice gimmick and should have been stated up front
Old 09-14-02, 03:03 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bravo261

what? yours doesn't? i see you have a '98, so i guess that may be the difference. its done on at least the newer cars by just holding the unlock button and they all fly down with the sunroof.

you sales rep may have forgotten, as mine told me about it as i was holding the key and ready to ride off into the sunset. that's a nice gimmick and should have been stated up front
I have a 98 and mine does it too!
Old 09-14-02, 03:20 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by mmeyerkopf
If you read closely in the BEST setting forms you will see that this feature is designated as "Not Available in North America"

Don't know why, something to do with safety laws I suspect.

sucks
Old 09-14-02, 03:21 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

press on open door button and keep holding untill you see your windows rollin down.. along with your sunroof

its all in manual
Old 09-14-02, 10:08 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I always scratch the car when I try to roll up the windows at night. I always think I am putting the key in the key hole but I always miss and she has a new blemish!!!:eek:
Old 09-15-02, 04:26 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

question for you guys, sorta off topic, but still regarding our remotes.

what is the range you guys get with your remotes? i've noticed that the newer lexus cars have a far range they can go and still be able to lock/unlock their doors with their remote. mine is like working within 15 feet and any distance farther than that, it doesn't work. i even tried changing the battery, no luck.
Old 09-15-02, 04:18 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I wish the range was better, but its not like i can open the car door from 100 feet away and get in...

Originally posted by GSquicksilver
question for you guys, sorta off topic, but still regarding our remotes.

what is the range you guys get with your remotes? i've noticed that the newer lexus cars have a far range they can go and still be able to lock/unlock their doors with their remote. mine is like working within 15 feet and any distance farther than that, it doesn't work. i even tried changing the battery, no luck.
Old 09-15-02, 06:09 PM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

It sucks that we can roll our window down with the remote but not up. . Well i have an aftermarket alarm and when it is armed, all the windows are rolled up automatically. .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bravo261

so true. i have remote start, so i turn on my car and when i enter, i have to hit the memory button to get my steering column down to the proper position. hell, my mom's '89 MB 560SEL has more functions then the GS seats(minus lumbar) and the rear seats are also heated and movable
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah i agree, i also have remote start and after entering the car, i would also have to hit the memory button so the steering column move into position. .
Old 09-18-02, 09:51 PM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bravo261

You're right...i just wanted to get in and drive. i may have missed it. I'll have to try it, but thanks... what else does my car have?? haha like heated seats? haha