GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

finally decided to post some minor pics of the car

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-02, 02:37 AM
JL4785
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally decided to post some minor pics of the car

I wanted to wait until I got more done to the car b4 I posted anything on here. but since I couldn't attend the upcoming Nor Cal Meet, might as well leave some pics here for all to see... I rarely post on here so I have only spoken to a few of u. Hopefully I can meet more of u guys later... Basically here goes the list of mods...

99 Lexus GS400 w/ OEM Nav

JDM Carbon Fiber Window Garnishes
JDM Carbon Fiber Rear License Plate Garnish
JDM Window vents
TRD Carbon Fiber Grill
Tom's Side Mirrors w/ turn signals
Clear bumper turn signals... =X (i just had to... dont ask why)

Apex'i S-AFC
Apex'i Rev/Speed Meter

Tein HAs
Tein EDFC
Cusco 40mm Strut Tower Bar
Rod Millen Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
JDM Aristo emblem on Cover

Long long list to come of already ordered parts... Some of the parts listed have not been installed yet because of paint issues (tom's mirrors). The EDFC motors do not look as if they can clear the Cusco STB so I am not sure I will keep the EDFC. I may sell it, I haven't decided which I would rather have... Any questions go ahead and ask... thanks guys for looking...

BTW this pic was taken B4 I installed the Teins. Actually this was taken the day b4... =X
Attached Thumbnails finally decided to post some minor pics of the car-dsc00033.jpg  
Old 09-12-02, 02:39 AM
JL4785
Pole Position

Default pic of the interior

Its a bit dirty, but I took the pic right after the install (tonight) of the Apex'i electronics...
Attached Thumbnails finally decided to post some minor pics of the car-dsc00002.jpg  
Old 09-12-02, 02:43 AM
JL4785
Pole Position

Default Engine pic

Ok this is the engine pic... hahaha as you can see.. I have nothing better to do but post these pics. I haven't gotten my intake yet because I am not sure on which route I am going to take...
Attached Thumbnails finally decided to post some minor pics of the car-dsc00016.jpg  
Old 09-12-02, 10:12 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice! Do you have and close ups of the Toms side view mirrors?
Old 09-12-02, 02:08 PM
JL4785
Pole Position

Default Toms mirrors unpainted

Here they are unpainted. This is the only pic I have of them for now, since they will be in the process of being painted...
Attached Thumbnails finally decided to post some minor pics of the car-dsc00023.jpg  
Old 09-12-02, 03:13 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Nice ride..I love the mirrors and grill
Old 09-12-02, 06:04 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you have a bad case of the Mod bug, LOL, nice pics!!
Old 09-12-02, 07:33 PM
GSracerRY
Pole Position

Thumbs up Lookin' Good

Sup JL4785...it was cool meetin u at IRev. ur car looks like it's comin along pretty well. I guess it's not gonna be long before ur beatin me out at the shows. hit me up sometime and we'll chat.

ry

ps...hope to see u at bowling nite.
Old 09-12-02, 08:23 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Toms mirrors unpainted

Originally posted by JL4785
Here they are unpainted. This is the only pic I have of them for now, since they will be in the process of being painted...
Cool, thanks for the pic! So they are actually covers and not the whole mirror assembly, right? Can you get an idea of whether they will make the mirrors look really oversized when they are on? A comparison of one covered and one not would be great when you get them installed. Thanks again.
Old 09-12-02, 08:31 PM
JL4785
Pole Position

GSracerRY: Whats up Ryan... Hey it was good meeting u at the IRev... As for me catching up to u? Yea right... U have way way to much done my friend! hahahaha, its gonna take me forever to get to u... As for bowling night, I heard from Thomas that we are not gonna be able to reserve the bowling alley after all? I believe its gonna be rescheduled?

Mumbles: When I get them installed, I will take a pic of one mirror covered and one without it. Should happen when I return from So Cal this weekend....

Richie: I got the mod bug like u cant believe... hahahaha
Old 09-12-02, 09:36 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice but couple of questions

why is your RSM mounted in glove box where u will never see it?

why dont you get your S-AFC mounted in the ash trey (as opposed to above it) so you can close the ashtrey when u want

have you considered lowering your TEIN so more so it looks more sporty? i think also sports tires would help handling

sorry to give u so much s*** u gots LOTS of SWEET JDM stuff on your car just giving som idea..

by the way your mirrors are really nice, and the cusco brace is super original, first oen i have seen

also, there is a way to lower your momo shift **** lower if ou want to make it lower and less movement for each shift, simply push the rubber thing down then lower the **** till it hits the top and move the rubber to the right spot and tigthen it

Last edited by LexusRules; 09-12-02 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-13-02, 04:56 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Toms mirrors unpainted

Originally posted by JL4785
dang

how much did you paid for those?
Old 09-13-02, 01:19 PM
JL4785
Pole Position

LexusRules: Nah, its all good, you aren't giving me any s*** at all. Don't trip. Ok, let me explain... I will mount the S-AFC in the ashtray. I wasn't completely finished with the Dremel operation. I began working on it just a day or so ago at 11PM. I should have it completely finished when I return home after the weekend. As for the Rev/Speed Meter, I hate the fact that its over there, but I wanted a clean place for the install. After I complete it I want it basically to "fit in" I considered the center console, but I didnt want to have it open in my way when I want to use the RSM. I can still see it in the glove for now, but if I can figure a better place later, I will move it =)

As for lowering my TEINs? I can't for now... Living in San Francisco with HELLA STEEP DRIVEWAYs suck. Maybe I will post a pic of my driveway later. I scraped the front end when it was stock height. At the height I have now, I scrape the front still, AND I scrape the bottom of the car GOING INTO THE GARAGE. If I lower it more, its going to be painful. I am figuring a way out to fix my driveway problem. Plus when I get the new shoes, hopefully I can figure this dilemna out!
Old 09-13-02, 02:26 PM
JL4785
Pole Position

Oh yea one more thing, the pic I posted of the car... Isn't lowered. That was taken the day b4 I installed the TEINs... Still stock height. The picture was taken at my parents house in San Diego... I wish my driveway was like that... ....
Old 09-13-02, 05:02 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice.

I think the locations for the S-AFC and RSM-GP should be swapped.

Quick Reply: finally decided to post some minor pics of the car